Electronic fuel injection February 01, 2015 12:50PM
Where in PPL's rulebook does it say that elrctronic fuel injection is prohibited? Is it illegal in NTPA regional superstock as well?

Re: Electronic fuel injection February 01, 2015 02:47PM
Thanks for the advice. I will dig deeper in the morning and see what I come up with. The electromotive distributorless ignition seems so simple, I wonder if people will be able to utilize the fuel management that can accompany it.

Re: Electronic fuel injection February 02, 2015 12:51AM
Page 16 of the 2014 PPL rule book

Re: Electronic fuel injection February 02, 2015 03:11AM
Thank you, c. I read through my ppl book a few times and wasnt finding it. It is a pdf file version that I downloaded. Didnt realize it was a couple years old. I will see if I can download a more up to date version so that I dont disturb the masses with my ignorant questions. Back to the drawing board! Thanks!

Re: Electronic fuel injection February 02, 2015 06:27AM
You may have trouble finding it in print but they don't allow it as of the beginning of the 2014 season. Mike Sandefur ran it in 2013 and it was not appreciated and is (for now), deemed illegal. Too bad, it looked like one organization was going to become a forward thinker.

Re: Electronic fuel injection February 02, 2015 06:41AM
There is no problem finding it in print it's right there on page 16. If you will do a search here you will find last years discussion on this topic here. My opinion of it is we don't need it. Would it be easier? Yes it would and it fits into the way the world operates now. Take the easy way. Don't bother to learn anything and never mind the time that has been spent making a mechanical system work and those who are smart enough to tune it. Just let the computer do the work. It's easier

Re: Electronic fuel injection February 02, 2015 07:52AM
Glad USA east isn't that narrow minded, the semi class would get a little thin if they outlawed EFI.

Re: Electronic fuel injection February 02, 2015 09:05AM
Some guys are passionate about the subject. Sounds to me like they want to claim that they discovered or perfrcted the mechanical fuel injection system. Was used on corvettes back in the early sixties. The systems used today are simple adaptations of technology developed 50 years ago. Heck, EFI has been standard on vehicles for 30 years. I think its silly that technology that allows an engine management system to shut down spark or add fuel to a cylinder overheating is looked down upon. Could save a lot of parts. I understand that some guys dont like it, and I believe in majority rule. But to think that everyone should cut their teeth on mechanical alcohol motors as a right of passage is ignorant. I suppose everyone should go to college and study latin as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 09:06AM by neilsroom.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM