tow vehicle February 02, 2015 03:16AM
Was wondering does anybody use Kawasaki mule to pull their tractor threw the pits and can it pull you up on scales. We weigh 9000 lbs. It seems a lot cheaper than the kubota. Thanks

Re: tow vehicle February 02, 2015 07:26AM
To be honest!... The Kubota will hands down out last the mule. Kubota's are built to be a total workhorse. They will out pull the mule, hands down. Trust me you will be majorly disappointmented in the mule!

Re: tow vehicle February 02, 2015 08:00AM
i agree kabota's are slow and would suck for riding but your pulling a lot of weight. those things are incredible for towing/hauling, and built for a lifetime.

Re: tow vehicle February 02, 2015 02:41PM
I have seen a Kubota tow 2 pro stock tractors.
I have seen a 4 seater Polaris tow a 20,000 lb. semi.
I have seen a Kawasaki mule pull, nothing. Honest, I have never seen a team use a Mule.
No idea why.

Re: tow vehicle February 02, 2015 02:50PM
I have personally seen the diesel mule pull two 9500 tractors hooked together, not saying they are the best option. But I was impressed!

Re: tow vehicle February 02, 2015 02:48PM
To be honest we had an 06 diesel mule that would out pull our 11" kubota. Ha the kubota seems heavier built and all but the hydro seems to take a lot of the power where the mule would at least spin the tires instead of stall out. I don't think you would be terribly disappointed unless you're looking at a new mule than I have no input on how they would be

Re: tow vehicle February 02, 2015 03:56PM
We have used a gas powered mule to tow our 7500 lb mod for the last 10 years. Has it been great, not totally as we have broken some ring and pinions and some axle parts. We likely still have less money spent on it than a Kabota, it's just annoying when it breaks and hard to find used parts for. Having said all of that it will tow our tractor with no problem and we have it way overloaded and I would rather drive it than a Kabota. There is just something about the way the Kabota drives that I just don't like. We have had several of each in our business and I always jumped on the mule instead of the Kabota.

S'no Farmer

Re: tow vehicle February 02, 2015 11:57PM
Look at a cub cadet they work well and are less than a Kubota

Re: tow vehicle February 03, 2015 02:51AM
we used a diesel Mule and had real good luck. We were pulling a LSS, most of the time we used the mule to load the tractor rather than start it. All we did was haul enough weight as to be heavy enough to push the tractor on the trailer 300 pounds seemed to be more than enough. In the pits the mule is as good as any thing its not like your plowing as long as the wheels are free turning I see many pullers use lighter things than a mule to move the tractors or trucks in the pit

Re: tow vehicle February 03, 2015 04:13AM
Ever consider other brads for Japanese tractors as tow tractors. the old Satoh/Mitsubishi's are dirt cheap and easy to upkeep. I have a 2wd and it can hold its own, I would however recommend a 4wd if you plan on towing 6000# +
there are a lot of grey market ones out there too.

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: tow vehicle February 03, 2015 01:32PM
How about a Chev Tracker, 1/3 to 1/2 the price good pulling, can be driven anywhere!

Re: tow vehicle February 03, 2015 02:46PM
If you do a tracker be sure to get an automatic transmission, makes it much easier to tow a tractor. We used one for a little while and it worked good, when we changed trailers it wouldn't fit any more.

S'no Farmer

Re: tow vehicle February 03, 2015 05:24PM
GIT in the car!!!

Re: tow vehicle February 03, 2015 08:01PM
Used a gator XUV, towed nice and didn't have to get a run at the scales too.

Re: tow vehicle February 04, 2015 10:17AM
I have a 700 arctic cat atv for sale I was pulling my 12, 000 lb. Pro farm around, with very little difficulty .

Re: tow vehicle February 05, 2015 12:05AM
I can say for a fact a Golf cart wont pull your tractor.
Tried to use ours to pull tractor out of trailer.
So disappointing just spun the tires.

Re: tow vehicle February 04, 2015 12:07AM
Buy something mostly American made get a JD Gator works great for us.

Re: tow vehicle February 04, 2015 02:00AM
The Kubota's are American made...Suwanee, GA. Take a look at the RTV 500, gas engine, still has the hydro.

Re: tow vehicle February 04, 2015 08:41AM
Will a rtv 500 pull a tractor around the pits and on scales?

Re: tow vehicle February 04, 2015 12:48PM
Well the RTV500 is being used to tow unlimited supers and light prostocks that I personally know of.

Re: tow vehicle February 04, 2015 02:29PM
We have a 2012 Kawasaki 4010 mule, it will pull anything hooked to, has pulled 13,500 farm stock, 7,000 super stock, 6200 v8!
Have never let us down, low 4wd with diff locked in!
Use on farm to pull n work around shop lot!
Have owned several, never one has disappointed me!

Re: tow vehicle February 05, 2015 08:12AM
I would just get the Tri-Moto it will out pull, out work anything!!

[m.youtube.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009