outlaw rule book February 03, 2015 09:41AM
im looking for an outlaw rule book. can it be found online or does it need to be mailed out? or someone with a general idea of 85 llp class.

Re: outlaw rule book February 03, 2015 12:30PM
Not sure the new rule book is done yet. Might want to try and contact Tom Kauffman. His contact info is on the outlaw website. [www.outlawpulling.com]

Re: outlaw rule book February 03, 2015 02:22PM
Ive contacted Tom on multiple occasions over the last few years for a full rule book and the guy refused to give any info on the classes. I think your suppose to show up and if they dont want you to pull with them they just make your/truck tractor illegal.

Re: outlaw rule book February 03, 2015 03:14PM
Tom is easy to talk to!
Fact is, he can't send you something that doesn't exist.
Hard to try and memorize every rule for every class Outlaws has!
Need to spend some time and money and make a rule book.

Re: outlaw rule book February 03, 2015 08:07PM
Just wait a couple years and ntpa will have the class, then just go off of their copy!

Re: outlaw rule book February 05, 2015 12:26AM
We are working on new rule book and it’s 100% my fault Outlaws hasn’t had one the last 3 years. Sometimes not enough time to get everything done. Every year after the banquet when new rules are made I send out newsletter to all Outlaw members with rule changes and other info. So Outlaw members know the rules and changes. When someone calls or emails about rules I just give them the name of the class representative to contact. This is not acceptable anymore as we have about 25 to 30 new rookies each year and another 100 plus 1 – time hooks during the season. I want to thank Randy and Susan Dunklau as they have been working on the rule book and it is about done. It was a lot of work and can’t thank them enough as I have been so busy lately. They just sent me the updated membership list with new email addresses, etc. as I am mailing out the “Chase for the Championship” info for the membership to look at. The list was over 400 names for the first time ever with 23 new members. We are having a board meeting Saturday at 2:00 in Kansas City at the Western Farm Show Championship Pull to look the rules over one last time before it goes to print. We will put in on our website for everyone to see when finished. Speaking of rules, in talking with Larry Richwine at Cloverdale, IN they have a new rule for air shut off location. He calls it the Blagrave rule and at Jefferson City I witnessed the bad misfortune when the air shut off would not pull on their tractor. This rule had been in place for years at a certain height plus or minus 6 inches. When the rule was made all the sleds back then had pan rails that ran upward and the sleds were a lot higher in the front. These new modern sleds are so much lower that the cable was pulling down at such an angle that the sled operator could not pull the shut off. The angle bound up the 6 inch shaft before you get to the cable part. The Blagraves told me they even went a step farther and has it angled down also to make sure it does not happen again. Can’t remember the new height but someone can get on here and chime in with that info. We are implementing that new rule with Outlaws and I recommend other associations do the same. Where would we be without all the safety rules NTPA has brought to the sport over the years. Thanks, Doug

Re: outlaw rule book February 05, 2015 04:32PM
Location of kill switch;
PS,SS,SF,LPS,mod tractors, rear center of vehicle, (maximum of 6 inches off center in any direction), 40" above point of hook.
TWD, and FWD, rear center, (6" off center in any direction), 16" above point of hook
Mini rods, 6" off center, 16" above point of hook.
Not included in that rule, but in the semi rules,,;36" above point of hook.
All Diesel engine vehicles to have air shutoff control within reach of the driver. Control for the driver will not be the same as for the sled. Diesel tractors and semi's and diesel pickups.

Re: outlaw rule book February 06, 2015 01:25AM
Ok I guess I'm not so bright kinda need some clarification on "Controls for the driver will not be the same as for the sled". Does this mean we can't use the same air shutoff or the same cable or what is this saying? Would someone with knowledge of this please explain this part of the rule.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 01:26AM by farmall puller.

Re: outlaw rule book February 06, 2015 01:53AM
It means you need a separate cable in drivers compartment capable of operating the air kill independent of the sled operated cable if i understand it correctly

Re: outlaw rule book February 06, 2015 05:21AM
You have to use 2 cables on the one air shutoff. Darin

Re: outlaw rule book February 06, 2015 06:13AM
Can you just loop the second cable around the main cable going to the sled, so when you pull the second cable the loop pulls on the primary cable?

Re: outlaw rule book February 06, 2015 02:42PM
Pullingfan4255 thanks for the answer. The way you said it is how mine is just wanted/needed some clarification.

Re: outlaw rule book February 09, 2015 01:36AM
40 inches above hook point ? That puts it right in the middle of my seat back and seems to me it would really bind up at that location. Mine is at 24 now and pulls straight from sled.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009