2wd at louisville February 13, 2015 12:54PM
Tractor pulling belongs at national farm machinery show not 2wd trucks

Re: 2wd at louisville February 13, 2015 01:33PM
buddy this has been beat to death on here year after year. I for one want to see more than just tractors at any pull I go to. others may not, but variety is what puts butts in the seats.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 13, 2015 01:53PM
My 2 cents. I'm just a spectator, I'm a die-hard black smoke tractor fan threw and threw. But, I like variety. 3 hours of very similar tractors one after another would get old. Show me some twds, mods and other stuff in there too. Like I said, just a fan's perspective.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 14, 2015 10:33AM
Ok if everybody wants variety how bout 1 session of 2wd and give us a limited pro session if everyone wants variety. Seems I'm not alone in the stands that 2wd gets boring

Re: 2wd at louisville February 14, 2015 10:46AM
No class that is not offered at the grand national level should be offered at the Nfms.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 14, 2015 11:27AM
even if it should be gn? both light pro and 4.1 lim pro are better than super farm

Re: 2wd at louisville February 14, 2015 11:02AM
im not able to be at nfms last couple years. is it just me or is freedom hall not full? watching some videos online and it looks like empty seats around there

Re: 2wd at louisville February 14, 2015 12:10PM
Need to bring back the 6200 mod 4wd trucks! That will help variety!

Re: 2wd at louisville February 14, 2015 12:58PM
If you have a all tractor show a lot of people will not show up. I know I would never be back. Just seems like some of the tractor guys are the biggest complainers in pulling. If any class needs added it the Mini's. This is a high draw class that would put on a good show.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 14, 2015 12:55PM
Let me just say that I really enjoy watching a class of good super stocks or pro stocks, but is anyone else of the opinion that watching these classes indoors with a smoke tube just not the same? For me, the smoke is the show for the tractor classes. You really need a variety of classes, if anyone would rather sit there and watch class after class of the same looking tractors you must be brain dead... I agree the return of the mod FWD class would be a plus.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 14, 2015 01:59PM
I'm with you that the smokers lose something when a smoke tube is hooked to them. I love the pro stocks but my eyes bleed after having to watch three sessions of them and I really wish the NFMS would replace one session of them with something else. There's enough good classes out there that I don't think any one of them needs three sessions.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 15, 2015 11:31AM
I like the pro stockas for mini rods s most of all yes the smoke tube does take away from them, but I cant stand how the 2 wd slow the show down they should be hooked to the sled like the tractors no reason to go 175 ft down the track to hook to the sled. I think they should bring the big 4wd gas motors and try them once as for mini rods I think you might as well bring in suoer stock lawn mowers the noise isn't as bad as the blower motors.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 15, 2015 01:23PM
I recommended to the committee do away with the Saturday big pros and replace it with a 4.1 class. I like to watch the big pros but 2 classes of them are enough. If you don't bring in 4.1's then bring in a Mod truck class.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 02:02AM
Truck classes are very important! Two wheel drive or four. Gives everyone a little intermission to use the bathroom and order another round of drinks for fellow attendants. I have been to the NFMS, I have attended the Keystone Nationals, I have been to Gordyville and I have been to Viola Horse and Colt show. Same story everywhere across the country. If it isnt a tractor, its a great opportunity to take a bathroom break.

Honestly you tractor guys are all alike, you think black smoke is the only thing that matters. I can't wait till the EPA puts you freaks on the trailer for good, and mark my words it WILL happen.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 04:21AM
3rd Gen Puller please don't group all of us tractor pullers together like that because it's not that way I enjoy the trucks also and I don't run to the bathroom or concessions unless I need to and I wait as long as I can because I enjoy all if them and my suggestion was to either put in a class of 4.1's or mod trucks and that is to replace a class of tractors on Saturday afternoon namely the big pros. 2 classes of them are enough and I like the alkys as well as the smokers.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 04:37AM
Farmall Puller, you're right. I should not group all tractor (diesel tractor) pullers into one group cause that is not fair. It just seems that the majority of diesel tractor pullers have this gigantic chip on their shoulder with the mentality that if it don't blow smoke it aint pullin and it gets tiring to listen to.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 06:55AM
3rd Gen Puller I am a diesel tractor puller I have 2 of them but then its not a problem to me.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 12:43PM
My comment was focused at NFMS watcher.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 12:41PM
Thino I've heard you before complaining about the Twd's. The the Twd's are one of the faster classes out there. Especially indoors. Bet you don't count how many tractors sit and can't get the engine to spool up. The reason the trucks don't get moved around like the tractors is because it slows down the show to do that. I help with a indoor pull and the Twd's and classes like that are faster. The Mini's would be a good show indoors and are quick easy to move around. Put on a good show. The sheet metal tractor classes are boring watching because it becomes really hard to tell them apart especially when they are back to back. Would like to see the Super Farms be replaced by Mini's and a GN FWD class. Plus indoors everyone goes that far down if they drive out because some of them are staged 75 100 feet down. Can tell either you not a puller or a put put puller who have never driven one and known how important it is to be strait and how hard they are to drive around. You can't take them strait one to the track without risking them high centering.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 15, 2015 04:22PM
Truck classes are very important! Two wheel drive or four. Gives everyone a little intermission to use the bathroom and order another round of drinks for fellow attendants. I have been to the NFMS, I have attended the Keystone Nationals, I have been to Gordyville and I have been to Viola Horse and Colt show. Same story everywhere across the country. If it isnt a tractor, its a great opportunity to take a bathroom break.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 08:55AM
I find it odd that if people want to watch tractors at louisville, then why was the only night that didn't have trucks their worst croud?

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 09:28AM
Just how long does it take y'all to go to the bathroom?

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 11:54AM
I guess I just don't understand how we got from pulling tractors to pulling machines with automotive type engines, semis, lawn mowers, pickups, etc. I don't go to any pulls to just watch anymore because I can't stand getting to watch only one tractor class because they think people won't show up to only watch tractors. To the people that say the pulls won't survive without the other classes we'll never know.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 12:51PM
AlkyOliver,
I suppose the way I look at it most of the pullers you mention are used to pull stuff just like tractors. Why shouldn't they be able to compete pulling sleds as well. As for the mods,yea that may be a streach but we have fun doing it . From your name
It seems that you pull an alky fueled Oliver, there are a lot of people that think that that is not a legitimate pulling tractor because it doesn't run on a factory fuel. I'm not one of those people but it would seem that you are a little judgemental about other forms of pulling. But if that is the way you feel so be it, everyone has their own thing.

S'no Farmer

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 12:24PM
After this one being my 30th i doubt ill be back for any pull there. No "limited" class deserves to be at the nfms. Half just bog out at the end. At least in 2wd you get ppl an ntpa among others so the variety of pullers is great. Name another class with that much variety. Smokers are always going to be there. Its a farm show for cryin out loud but that dont mean i wanna watch smokers all nite. They got a smoke machine but the haze is awful. Yes theres variety in the smoker classes but its all tractors.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 01:15PM
The only real variety in the big smokers is the different side panels on all those big block Deeres. Sorry guys I just couldn't pass that one up. My bad.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 01:54PM
But it's fine with you when the DSS is almost all red.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 02:58PM
Yep when you get the cubes closer together the green seems to fall out. What can I say except //////////////////////// of course when it comes to alky supers big or little they all seem to sound alike something like the cookie cutter thing.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 01:59PM
repeater yes I do pull and its not a put put, I would like to see big 4wds and get rid of 1 of the 2wd classes and yes I really don't care about the 2wds watgh them all year long start from right out along the sled and have to go out on the track 150 ft shouldn't take that far to get straight with the sled no excuse sorrymaybe there
s a reason klint never has them at gordyville don't know just assuming. personally I would like to see that big blower motor in the light mods and have them after all they are trying to turn 24.5s maybe they could switch motors since they turn such little tires.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 16, 2015 02:05PM
Well, they put on an excellent show, almost any truck can win on any night, they had three women in the finals, and they are moving billboards for sponsors. Seems like a pretty good recipe to me.

Sure I hate wearing ear plugs and my ears wish they were all turbo charged, but I think they still belong at the farm show.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 17, 2015 12:16AM
Let's put a 30 inch hitch on on a diesel and see how well It turns the tires. Twd's are alwalys going to be there. Your in the home state of them. The first one was built a hour away from there. The main reason I'm disliking some of the diesel class is the same reason I dislike most of the pickup classes. Do we really need 40 different classes. I like diesel supers, and light Supers. But when 90 percent of the people can't tell the difference when it's pull down the track because the only difference.is the turbo is a quarter inch bigger is dum. The reason I hopefully will make it to Chapel Hill this year. They have the best one track variety around. Plus the diesel.classes are now going to become cookie cutters now with the sheet metal requirements gone in most.of them. I believe your the person last year during bowling green the only two classes quicker than TWD's was Mini's and Super Farms. I personally pull Mini's and I go down the track 150 ft or so. I have to get the tractor up and rolling so the clutch does not slip a bunch. But I'm still one of the quickest to get hook in. Plus you are still.forgetting how long it takes a desiel to spool up and get the sled moving. A supercharged vehicle.can get back hooked and done with a pull before a tractor can even get the sled moving.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 17, 2015 12:45AM
Well with that big of a blower on it and those little tires I should hope they can spin the tires lets put lawn mower tires on diesels and they could spin them with a 40 inch draw bar height and as for moving billboards if thats what its all about those side shields on diesel would make a good one. And when 2 out of 3 nights you have to pull 3 of them and then start the class over when the halways are full and there so low to the ground and have work like hell to get under them and cant get unhooked whats fast about that lets try another truck class maybe they can move faster maybe if some of the local fairs did that they would change there attitude and move faster all summer long just plane tired of2wd.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 17, 2015 01:41PM
I'm done with this I proved you wrong from the NTPA website on times to run classes. The TWDS are on of the quickest classes. They don't run water jackets so they can't run long. And from the pictures I've seen just as long people in the seats for the TWDS as the other classes. You just have alot of biased in you. You don't speak for the majority. The reason Clint doesn't pull them is because they are hard on buildings with low roofs. So it's the pullers fault the sled gets reset? Your an idiot. Last time I seen all classes get reset. Plus this year it was only the first night that was reset. So since they have a hitch that's higher than any other class makes them hard to hook? That makes a lot of sense. And yes watching 4 or 5 diesels can't move the sled more than 50 feet is such a great show and is quick. Like the last time I went to Georgetown, Ohio. You just keep drinking the koolaid.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 17, 2015 03:30PM
If you werent there how do you know so much they restarted both nights I was there and the crowd was down and so was the crowd in the hall ill give it that sat night was the only bnight no class was restarted and your the idiot you are not even there to see how long they take and the jacking around and honestly the 4wds are the hardest to move around after they pull.

Re: 2wd at louisville February 17, 2015 03:40PM
Well if you asked for my .2 cents I'd say undoubtably the halls are full during the trucks. But with that being said I do think they bring variety and I wouldn't think it'd be a smart move to get rid of them, and I also think the sat. Afternoon pro stock class should be replaced, I'd like to see light pro or something of the sort come in. But why drop one of only two sessions of super farm? It's by far one of the most competitive classes, and I think I saw maybe one choke out on the big end, they don't take long on the line and put on a good show. So what's wrong with them? I'm not saying add another session of them but I think it'd be a pretty poor idea to remove a session of them. As far as twds go, I'm sure it floats some peoples boats just not mine, but I do stay and watch them until it turns into a fog with the alcohol in the air. Not here to stir the pot, just my opinion.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms