survey? February 13, 2015 08:43PM
I went to fill out the survey for the NFMS and it said I already did, which I didn't. Anybody else get that response?

Re: survey? February 13, 2015 11:21PM
yes

Re: survey? February 14, 2015 01:02AM
Yep me too looks like they are going to get the answers they want. NO CHANGES

Re: survey? February 14, 2015 01:26AM
It's probably an IP address issue (their problem) or an internet cache issue (on your computer). You might try to clear your internet cache... hit "ctrl + shift+ delete" at the same time and empty your browser history and see if that helps. (It probably won't but it's worth a shot)

I'll mention the glitch to the Communications Department and I'm sure they'll do their best to get the issue sorted out.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: survey? February 14, 2015 08:02AM
Same for me just a few minutes ago and this is a new computer and IP address. JW

Re: NFMS Survey… February 14, 2015 06:14AM
It says I have already took it..Kinda like saddum husien obumer, he don't give a damn what 3/4 of the public thinks,there gonna do what they damn well want !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 11:59AM by Jake Morgan.

Survey… February 14, 2015 08:33AM
It's a glitch with the survey software and they are working on it. We just had the same issue here at Freedom Hall with a cell phone. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Survey… February 14, 2015 09:28AM
We appreciate your patience with survey. As a staff, we are encouraged by the posts and the amount of people who want to offer an opinion about the Championship Tractor Pull. We seek to make the event one of the best in the nation and through surveys, social media comments and reactions from fans, we can continue to build upon our forty-year legacy. We are working with the database and believe the link that was used was faulty. A new link was given to us. We used the link successfully multiple times in the office and hope this will fix the issues. The link is below:

[conta.cc]

Re: Survey… September 19, 2015 06:00AM
NFMS Communications Team
We appreciate your patience with survey. As a staff, we are encouraged by the posts and the amount of people who want to offer an opinion about the Championship Tractor Pull. We seek to make the event one of the best in the nation and through surveys, social media comments and reactions from fans, we can continue to build upon our forty-year legacy. We are working with the database and believe the link that was used was faulty. A new link was given to us. We used the link successfully multiple times in the office and hope this will fix the issues. The link is below:

[conta.cc]

I received my application for the 2016 NFMS pull. Thank you. My question is why was this survey even done when to me it looks like no classes were changed? Unless I have missed a change and if I have, someone tell me please.

Re: Survey… September 19, 2015 06:05AM
Looks like they just gave up, the things suggested either they are not willing to change,( ticket prices ) or another entity that will not let them happen. ( class changes )

NFMS Survey February 15, 2015 02:00AM
Longer track better track cheaper seats expand Freedom Hall

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 11:51AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: NFMS Survey February 15, 2015 12:14PM
Chris some realistic suggestions would be better. They're not going to expand Freedom Hall. Anything that needs a bigger, nicer place goes down the road to the KFC center, so the pull would be about the only event that would benefit from Freedom Hall being bigger.

Re: NFMS Survey February 16, 2015 02:45AM
I'm not sure what Chis means by "a better track" but I can tell you this, tracks don't come much tougher than that track. I know of 2wd pullers that completely change up their truck just to get some extra front end weight.

S'no Farmer

ticket price at nfms February 15, 2015 11:48AM
$40 per ticket is crazy. If they wanna fill the seats they are gonna have to cheapen up the starting line tickets.....a lot!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 11:58AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: ticket price at nfms February 15, 2015 01:17PM
I just took the survey and it worked great.

Re: ticket price at nfms September 19, 2015 01:25PM
completely too high ticket prices and 10 dollars parking for 220ft inside track

Re: survey? February 16, 2015 03:05AM
I took survey went good price is a little high seats are small

Re: survey? February 16, 2015 09:28AM
The pull is awesome with the best equipment in the country. But that's it the announcer talk way to much. They are there to announce the pullers and tell a little about them. It seems they get caught up jacking around and forget to announce the puller. On several occasion they would announce the pullers name when they were starting to build boost. Dave only will interview the outlaw pullers. My brother has not been to the pull in 5 years and he said it was like he never missed a pull. Same commercial, same announcing, same every thing. The pullers go and make there tractors better and better every year. Why can't the pull do that. Its easy just update. Its frustrating, it takes a lot of money to buy season tickets drive 800 miles buy 5 day of hotels and get to listen to the same thing over and over. sorry for the rant.

Re: survey? February 16, 2015 09:49AM
Don't feel like your need to apologize for your rant. Announcing is a huge part of the pulling experience. If you haven't filled out a survey yet, I'd like to encourage you to take a few minutes and let the Farm Show hear opinion. It doesn't matter if it's about announcing, classes, seat size, etc... let them know.

For those who have already filled out a survey, please feel free to share your comments on the "Your NFMS Survey Ideas" Topic

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: survey? February 17, 2015 10:10AM
The track needs to be longer and did I hear that the FFA groups don't come down any more? If that is true then that's a big part of "growing up tractor pulling"

Re: survey? February 17, 2015 10:15AM
Lets be realistic though. They can't make the track longer. and they're not going to make changes to the building for something that uses it one week of the year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 10:16AM by ParkerFly.

Re: survey? February 17, 2015 11:21AM
Went to the survey several times says I already took the survey. I would like if they would give the distances faster sometimes there very fast then the next time the next puller has gone down the track Butch does a great job but Dave can get carried away with the red green thing. Maybe they could add a friday afternoon pull and add the mini rods and put the 2wd there they could have ahuge class for those guys that like the noise and maybe add a limited pro class to take the place of them in the evening pull. Also they could get Klint and his crew to run the pull been to gordyville many times never seen a pull anwhere else run that fast and smooth really has his stuff together when it comes to that.

Re: survey? February 17, 2015 11:31AM
ParkerFly
Lets be realistic though. They can't make the track longer. and they're not going to make changes to the building for something that uses it one week of the year.

Thank you.

To anyone wondering or complaining about track length… Yes, I'm sure everyone WISHES the track was longer. It's would be great to hook them on a 320' track, but as ParkerFly points out, it's not the least bit realistic; the 245' track is already pushing safety concerns to their limits. There really is no way to fit 10 lbs. or sugar into a 1 lb. bag. For those who haven't been to Freedom Hall (or to the few people that struggle with spatial awareness):

The Starting line
There's an entry ramp at the starting line that is roughly half as wide as the track. On either side of that ramp are concrete block walls that support seats. Since the sled can be spotted anywhere on the width of the track it means that they can only back up as far as the walls on either side of the ramp. Yes, they could start the sled in the entry ramp but they could only go back ¾ of the length of the sled to clear the smoke tube elbow on the side of the sled. Maybe they could gain 20'. Does 20' and the sled coming out of a tunnel really improve the show quality? I'd say no.

The Finish line
The end of the track is very similar. There is an opening that is roughly half as wide as the width of the track. On either side of that opening is a concrete block wall that supports a steel beam as well as seating. Just past the opening are escalators that bring spectators down to the floor level for other events. There are also probably rooms behind those block walls that would need to be relocated.

Either end of the building would require major renovations to make the track longer. When I say major, I'd say that it would cost millions, and when dealing with a facility such as that, it would probably cost more in the order of tens of millions to make any significant differences in track length. Honestly it would be like spending tens of thousands of dollars tearing the end wall off your house to make your living room 6" longer.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009