JASON HOOTMAN February 14, 2015 06:53AM
CONGRADULATIONS ON SECOND WIN AT LOUISVILLE

Re: JASON HOOTMAN February 14, 2015 09:13AM
I know it hasn't been over that long but does anyone have video?

Re: JASON HOOTMAN February 14, 2015 11:48AM
Yes, congrats again Jason!! It is awesome that somebody wiped the Chizek/Blackbourn/Korth tractors (again). Over 8' is a good whoopin' too!

.......further proof, money doesn't buy it all.

Re: JASON HOOTMAN February 14, 2015 12:24PM
Who does his motor work

Re: JASON HOOTMAN February 14, 2015 12:39PM
Not sure who does the machine work, but I think he uses a bamber cylinder head and Bryan Conner did the turbo set up he most likely assembles everything himself.

Re: JASON HOOTMAN February 14, 2015 01:05PM
His father built the bottom and Jason and friends have maintained and made any needed repairs

Re: JASON HOOTMAN February 14, 2015 02:33PM
small budgets rule!!
Yes, congrats again Jason!! It is awesome that somebody wiped the Chizek/Blackbourn/Korth tractors (again). Over 8' is a good whoopin' too!

.......further proof, money doesn't buy it all.

Yes, nice work Commander team. I like seeing others get wins and do well, but I don't understand the dislike for the Armed and Dangerous tractors. When I go to a pull and see Chizek/Blackbourn tractors I'm excited to see some of the best iron in the country run and the majority of the time blown away by their performance. I don't see the need to brag when the Commander wins by 8'. I was at the pull in Hillsboro last year and Korth put over 30' on 3rd place and 50+ on the Commander, but yeah, 8' is a nice win. There are many tractors that are top notch and can win on any given night, take it in stride when they do...

Re: JASON HOOTMAN February 14, 2015 03:24PM
I'm sure the hate comes from one of the best alcohol builders with one of the best light drivers with what seems to be an endless checkbook. They are fun to watch but I like seeing what the underdog can do.

Re: JASON HOOTMAN February 14, 2015 01:24PM
to the best of my knowledge they do there own work and I have heard they use bamber cylinder head. great to see them doing so well as they are great guys

Re: JASON HOOTMAN February 14, 2015 02:32PM
Congrats on the win

HOOTMAN'S PASS February 15, 2015 02:30AM
Video was on Facebook!

[www.facebook.com]

Re: HOOTMAN'S PASS February 15, 2015 02:30AM
[www.facebook.com]

Re: HOOTMAN'S PASS February 15, 2015 05:04AM
Can someone please post a link that is not bound to Facebook? Some of us are not members of, nor planning on being. My "smart" phone wants me to login to Facebook to view.......not happening.

Youtube February 15, 2015 05:54AM
video: [youtu.be]

Re: Youtube February 15, 2015 12:18PM
to all you amateur videographers please watch this
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Youtube February 16, 2015 12:27AM
VVS.......that's too funny, and true!

Re: HOOTMAN'S PASS February 15, 2015 07:58AM
thank you I still refuse to "do facebook".

Re: HOOTMAN'S PASS February 15, 2015 12:40PM
I have facebook but still prefer to watch it on utube. He made the smoothest pass of any alky supers that night and that's what wins pulls, not the back pocket although it does help.

Re: HOOTMAN'S PASS February 16, 2015 10:27AM
It was smooth, but just don't understand the old style sheet metal , that's kinda odd

Re: HOOTMAN'S PASS February 16, 2015 10:44AM
Kelly Ingram
It was smooth, but just don't understand the old style sheet metal , that's kinda odd

Why is it odd?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: HOOTMAN'S PASS February 16, 2015 01:28PM
I love it that someone is doing the "old style" look after all none of them are tractor rearends anyway. So make it whatever you like and I personally feel like it fits the tractors better than some of this new look does.

Re: HOOTMAN'S PASS February 16, 2015 02:09PM
Love the 6000 sheet metal!

Re: HOOTMAN'S PASS February 16, 2015 09:56PM
It's odd because it's not a green cookie cutter like the rest

Re: HOOTMAN'S PASS February 17, 2015 04:31AM
".....green cookie cutter......"

..............almost as odd as the oh so original red cookie cutter.......you know, those very original 66 series, or the "new" original 06/56 series...............no wait, how about the stylish new MX series.

....because we all know they aren't cookie cutter!

Get over it, there are more red and green pulling tractors out there than anything else, so how can each one be different or original ideas? They all start to look the same after a while.

That being said I do like the old Commander hood. Nice to see creativity.

Re: HOOTMAN'S PASS February 17, 2015 05:23AM
Unless we start looking at pro stocks, almost all the green ones look the same , same chassis, same new style sheet metal, a lot of them use the same engine builder and even have very similar paint jobs, in that class yes they are cookie cutters IMO.

Re: HOOTMAN'S PASS February 17, 2015 01:19PM
Hmmmm.....

To be fair, I would say that if you are building red, it is either 66 or MX, which is every bit as cookie cutter I would say. Pro Stock may have many similar looking Deeres, but SF is FULL of 66 series IH, which each looks the same as the last save for name and shade of red paint.

Cookie cutter indeed!

Now a Ford, there's something you just don't see often, and they pretty much always look good.

Ford / NewHolland February 19, 2015 09:17AM
Here is something to know, look around.

Ford / New Holland made MANY different tractors models and sported many different forms of sheet metal over the years.

Just to name a few variations that have been made in to pulling tractors.

The 8000 thru 9600 most popular

The infamous Commander 6000 [www.pulloff.com]

4000 - 7000

8700 - 9700 [sp.yimg.com]

The 10 Series 5610-7810 Small hoods

10 Series 7710-8210 Large Square hoods [traktor.webgallerier.dk]

TW5 - TW35

40 Series 5640-8340

60 Series 8260-8560 New Holland TM

70 series 8670-8970

New Holland has a few more to mention

TG models have been popular

Yeah some of these are smililar but there is still more options that the next red or green.

We have 3 SuperFarms all different sheet metal

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2015 10:41AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: JASON HOOTMAN February 20, 2015 02:08PM
Great guy, great family, great effort! Jason thinks outside the box. When I first saw the Commander I wasn't sure, but it sure has grown on me! It sure looks good next to his dad's Hooter Scooter! Talented family of BUILDERS right there!

Re: JASON HOOTMAN February 23, 2015 12:07PM
Here is a really nice picture of Mark Hootman, Ben Clark(Built with Hootman); and Jason Hootman's tractors.

Thanks,
Justin

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,747, Posts: 229,890, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,994.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM