Geared Green February 18, 2015 05:09AM
Has anybody heard what's happening with geared green. Is he getting any help with the repairs to get his tractor up and running. So he can get back to pullin.

Re: Geared Green February 18, 2015 06:34AM
wondering too what's going on?

Re: Geared Green February 18, 2015 11:48AM
Being a Red fan how can they claim a winner wed when the 1206 never got to hook? Thumbs Down

Re: Geared Green February 20, 2015 03:51AM
why not pull the other direction so they could go up the ramp something happens

Re: Geared Green February 20, 2015 10:07AM
Only money Geared green should get from Bauer is diesel money to get back home

Re: Geared Green February 18, 2015 08:19AM
its in paton , iowa gonna get fixed and come back out named the "comb over unleashed"

Re: Geared Green February 18, 2015 10:25AM
they pulled the green sled off to the side because it was not working right and they already had 2 box problems. I don't know why they brought the green sled back out. I wonder did they really think they had it fixed or did they just decide the show must go on. I thought that the green sled had problems part of last summer already, not sure about that.they should have cancelled the PS class and put the smoke tube stuff on the red sled. But there will not be any money changing hands I bet.

Re: Geared Green February 18, 2015 10:44AM
The green sleds problems in Louisville were unrelated to those that it had last year. If the sled came back out on the track it was because bauer thought it was fixed, period.

Re: Geared Green February 18, 2015 10:52AM
But it was not fixed and as a result Bryce has a junk tractor, PERIOD. Pay for you mistake everyone else does PERIOD.

Re: Geared Green February 18, 2015 10:57AM
Who says he won't pay for it? And chizek is refusing to pay for wiping out that truck in the parking lot so I guess not everyone has to.

Re: Geared Green February 18, 2015 11:02AM
Yes, saw that truck and it looked bad.

Re: Geared Green February 18, 2015 11:33AM
Knowing Bauer I bet the tractor was taken care of as soon as he heard about it.

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 06:45AM
Did his air shut off work because if it didn't then its not all of the sled fault fellow puller thanks

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 09:33AM
brakes ? sled have brakes wouldnt that have stopped it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2015 10:03AM by Mark.

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 10:27AM
The tractor was clearly stopped in time. As would have the sled been if the box brakes on the sled would have stopped the box. When the box fee wheeled to the front and smashed in to the stops the momentum drove the sled forward and there for drove the tractor over the sand pile. Get anybody who has half a brain to watch it clearly what happened. Whos fault? But the sled drove him over the pile.

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 07:30AM
are you serious? i bet it was never even pulled.. he still let out of it.

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 08:12AM
People say the most stupid crap.

Why are you even referring to the air shut off? Did you watch the video? If you did, you'd see he let out of it immediately.

Air Shutoff? WTF!?

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 08:27AM
That was the rumor out their that the air shut off didn't work not trying to say stupid crap but if it was pulled and worked it surely would of helped slow the tractor down not trying to start a major war but I would hope when the red light came on mid track the air shut off would have got pulled how can any realistic person deny that

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 09:01AM
The video is the proof in the pudding. He let out of it. The tractor was about to stop and the sled nailed him and pushed him the rest of the way.

Air shut off is irrelevant at that point.

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 10:28AM
When the sled operator realized the sled malfunctioned couldn't he have pulled the air shut off killing the tractor even before the driver knew the problem existed? I'm not pointing fingers at anyone it's an unfortunate accident it's just I thought the tractors/trucks could be killed remotely from the sled.

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 10:33AM
if you read where this was discussed over the past couple of weeks you'll see everything you're mentioning has already been hashed over. the sled DID hit the brakes, pan drop, and kill switch. supposedly the kill switch cable broke though so it didn't shut the tractor down. if you watch the video the red light came on at roughly half track or so, that's when the operator did all this. all the right things were done but really a kill switch failure is why we're even having this conversation.

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 10:39AM
Kill switch failure on a single turbo tractor? A new chassis at that? Not hardly. The tractor was at a complete stop in the sand until the pan hit. Unless you have access to a different video than the multiple angles I have reviewed. He was deep, but he wasnt over.

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 10:42AM
the kill switch failure was not on the tractor, it failed on the sled. again, all this has been discussed to death on here if you go to page 2, and also over on fonda's board.

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 10:05AM
After watching the video I think the tractor driver thought he had a heck of a pull going until oh $*!t! And by the time the sled operator knew what was happening the sled was going to fast to stop it in time. When pulling in such small venues there really needs to multiple safetys to shut everything down sooner. Whether it be somebody on the sidelines or if it would be automatically shut down by computer when there is a sled malfuntion. I would think that if no other safety precautions are taken and accidents like this continue that the cost of insurance will likely cause the end of indoor pulls. As far as who pays for the damage - to bad they couldn't obtain the legal rights of the video footage. Could probably could have made enough selling it to build a brand new tractor!!

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 11:20AM
Its very clear in the videos we have that the forward motion was slowing down but not enough to stop that concretete wall from being there ; so the wall should've been there as these jokers have great equipment ; jeeessshhhh , think about it . if the tractor was going slower the wall wouldn't have been in the way

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 11:57AM
Let's see.......multiple sled malfunctions in venue, with a backup sled available, destroyed chassis and hurt motor, with lawyers involved=$$$$$$$$$!

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 01:49PM
blame ,blame, blame, it Bauers fault, his sled didn't work, sue him. WTF I have pulled before a lot of you were born. Lets face it, 2800 hp tractor, mechanical @#$%& your betting will work flawless every time, 230 ft track with no run off ,the driver knew the risk when he signed up. @#$%& happens. when Jeff Gordon hits the wall because nascar missed some oil on the track does nascar buy him a new car?

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 02:01PM
I am not blaming anyone I am just wondering why the box brakes on the sled were not applied. Because all you nit wits arguing above haven't clearly figured out why the tractor ended up where it did. I am no truck driver but will use this as an example. I have a semi with a tanker behind me the tanker is a 9000 gallon tank. I picked up a partial load of 4500 gallons. My tank has no baffles in it because I haul a food grade material. I am trucking down the highway someone pulls out in front of me. I lock up my brakes get stopped just short of hitting the guy. Then since my tank isn't full and no baffles my half of load surges to the front. Hmm I was stopped no im smashed . watch the video you nit wits.

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 02:13PM
opinion
blame ,blame, blame, it Bauers fault, his sled didn't work, sue him. WTF I have pulled before a lot of you were born. Lets face it, 2800 hp tractor, mechanical @#$%& your betting will work flawless every time, 230 ft track with no run off ,the driver knew the risk when he signed up. @#$%& happens. when Jeff Gordon hits the wall because nascar missed some oil on the track does nascar buy him a new car?

I agree with 90% of what you said. The thing about it is, if the same thing had not have happened 2 times before that same night with the same sled, I doubt if there would be any controversy about it and Bryce would have said ok, it does happen. Now, where was the sled inspector after the first time it happened and the LAST time it happened?

Re: Geared Green February 19, 2015 11:23PM
the problem with saying that it's the drivers fault or the flagmans fault is that they decided to bring a sled that had malfunctioned twice already back on the track. they decided to use a sled that was NOT working safely or correctly. they did NOT repair the sled. they just brought back on the track. the tractor was stop before there was any damage and the box drove the tractor over the retaining wall and that's where the damage was done. do not blame the puller, the flagman, there is only one place to put the blame, the decision to use the sled before there was a repair and a complete inspection. the question is who made that decision???????????

Re: Geared Green February 20, 2015 01:24AM
Another view point would be if they hadn't used a road barrier with a small pile of sand in front of it vs. big square bales stacked and a big sand pile banked at angle in front of it. Has worked well at Keystone. Things happen in any motor sport and all we can do is learn and correct the problem. If you look through videos I remember a mod. taking the sled through a door in Europe.

Re: Geared Green February 20, 2015 02:22AM
In all of motorsports there is always some sort of accident, injury or death that leads to safety improvements. One of my drag race sage friends said "Changes written in someones blood". We can all be VERY glad that this mishap did NOT result in Bryce getting injured or much worse. We should all hope that everyone involved will be willing to make the necessary changes to make every pull safer. That will be a beneficial for all pullers, promotors, sled owners and the fans.

Re: Geared Green February 20, 2015 03:32AM
Accidents are going to happen it's part of motorsports. That's how we come up with new safety rules and different ideas. Should they of brought the green sled back out? No. Does everyone need to go point fingers at Bauers sled? No. There is plenty of different things that come into play it wasn't just all Bauers fault. You don't see guys going and suing there engine builders when the tractor blows up on the first or second pass.

Re: Geared Green February 20, 2015 04:06AM
So if you take your truck to your repair man because it keeps stalling and you have almost been in a couple accidents and he just puts your truck in the garage for a couple hours and does nothing to fix it and then tells you it's fixed and you go out and get in a accident,,,, I'm sure you will all say, """well accidents happen""""ya right,,,,every single one of you would be on the phone with your lawyer before the ambulance was there.

Re: Geared Green February 20, 2015 04:10AM
But that's not what happened here. It looked like bauer took the two speed motor off and they had it down there grinding on it. He obviously thought it was fixed where it wouldn't jump into neutral. Unfortunately it wasn't.

Re: Geared Green February 20, 2015 06:00AM
They worked on the sled during the modified class. Thought it was fixed. It malfunctioned during this run. Sled man done everything he was suppose to do. The kill cable did break. Accidents happen. No need for everyone to get bent out of shape. He was told to fix the tractor and it will be paid for. End of story.

Re: Geared Green February 20, 2015 10:22AM
The real question was any of the winners realy WINNERS

Re: Geared Green February 20, 2015 12:26PM
Pretty simple just rewatch the runs and see where the box toped out and that will tell the story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 12:27PM by farmall puller.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,925, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,021.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM