2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 18, 2015 10:52PM
The calm before the storm! It is going to get busy today. Dirt in, big screen set, sled ready to go, smoke station and smoke machine about done. Hanging banners today. Kevin would like to do test hooks from 4 to 6 today and maybe later. Lights off last night and building locked, but starting tonight lights on and building open all night. It is going to be cold so matter what time you get here you can unload here and just put your vehicle inside. We will rearrange vehicles next morning. There are tow vehicles in Kemper if you need one. Take your hauling rig back over to Liberty Lot. Safe travels. See you in KC. Thanks, Doug

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 19, 2015 04:10AM
Heard the radio spot. Thunder in the Arena

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 19, 2015 08:03AM
is it the same dirt every year like louisville?

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 19, 2015 02:12PM
Yes, Doug told me had 80 loads hauled and stored under interstate bridge on north end of Liberty Lot where we park are hauling rigs.

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 21, 2015 02:16AM
Any results from Friday night yet ?

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 21, 2015 02:51AM
[www.powerandnoisephoto.com]

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 21, 2015 10:31AM
Way better crowd, half hour before the first hook. Last night was tough on the diesel tractors even with the warming tubes as they were just not liking the cool conditions.

Ground force February 21, 2015 03:32AM
That ground force tractor same page different chapter didnt come off line hard enough again!!

Re: Ground force February 21, 2015 06:51AM
He's use to run very good in western Iowa puller in 3000rpm class won a lot... Them days are done might want go back the big boy classes have stand on it to win!!

Re: Ground force February 21, 2015 07:11AM
Congrats Brandon Trinklien!

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 21, 2015 07:52AM
Oh another -yawn- IH truck motor won WOW

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 21, 2015 08:23AM
Yep them 640" truck motors are bad son of a guns

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 21, 2015 08:28AM
Does anyone actually have any reviews or comments on the event? I'd love to hear how the first night went.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 21, 2015 08:38AM
The crowd was very small last night, and many of them seemed to have left early. The weather may have played a factor in that as it was raining and starting to drop below freezing outside. Show was moving slower than most would have liked to see but Im not sure there is much way to speed it up with the room that they have to work with. If I remember right the hook average was 10-11 hooks per hour. Over all I think it went as smooth as it could.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 08:39AM by Brandon Holcomb.

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 21, 2015 12:45PM
Take it from a puller and a cowman, the weather sucks for both. If you go by historical weather records, this week should be good for both. I'm sure Doug was planning on decent weather for his pull as I was for calving a bunch of heifers. We both got a rude awakening! Congrats to all my friends pulling in KC.

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 21, 2015 02:05PM
Some friends of mine were there and they said it didn't get over till 12:30 and I'm glad I didn't go although I would have liked to Show just a little longer than I would have cared to stay and watch but sounded like it may have been a decent show to have been at. Was going tonight but had some family matters come up and had to stay and take care of so we are going to try and go to the farm show tomorrow.

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 22, 2015 01:36AM
Any results on the wfs saturday night. Especially the diesel super class?

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 22, 2015 02:34AM
Go to power and noise.

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 22, 2015 02:34AM
Back and black, lost, naughty in tensions, smoking hot deer, born green, red royal, Anderson farms and kryptonite final order of DSS

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 22, 2015 07:51AM
Mitch and I attended last nite, fantastic crowd , great track, by far the best show that I have seen in kc. The diesel pickups had some breakage problems and so did the pros but I thought overall a great show. Kudos to Doug and all the people involved in this production.

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show VIDEOS February 22, 2015 08:28AM
Was there Saturday night, thought it was a good pull up till the diesel trucks, then it seemed the organization just fell apart. To much down time waiting for guys to get their stuff figured out. Crowd was huge! Sound system was little less than to be desired, couldn't hear much if any of the announcing where we were sitting..

Anyways, videos from Saturday..

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show VIDEOS February 22, 2015 12:57PM
Heck of a class of Mods. Nose up and fighting. The pickups don't really surprise me with the 2.6 class. Last year at the Dekalb pull they were going to take the top 6 to Saturday night out of the 12 that pulled 4 made it back then geo of them broke. Then at Pittsfield PA they had around 15 or more and only 6 would hook to the sled after 5 of 6 broke during the pull. The only class I've ever heard this. " the track is has to much bite. Need to bring in sand to take the bite out of it". Luckily the guy who ran the track laughed at them. They need to change the class either take away horse power or open the drive line.

lmao February 22, 2015 03:24PM
Ohio Puller
Heck of a class of Mods. Nose up and fighting. The pickups don't really surprise me with the 2.6 class. Last year at the Dekalb pull they were going to take the top 6 to Saturday night out of the 12 that pulled 4 made it back then geo of them broke. Then at Pittsfield PA they had around 15 or more and only 6 would hook to the sled after 5 of 6 broke during the pull. The only class I've ever heard this. " the track is has to much bite. Need to bring in sand to take the bite out of it". Luckily the guy who ran the track laughed at them. They need to change the class either take away horse power or open the drive line.

Good for the guy that was running the track!

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 22, 2015 12:23PM
Looked like a great show. Congrats to all. I wonder when they will let twin Allisons run in there mod class. I think that would be a great addition to the mod class

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 23, 2015 06:38AM
Congrats to Craig Ulmer!!! That tractor was a machine back when it pulled with NTPA!!! Nice to see ulmers on top again

Re: 2015 Western Farm Show Championship Pull February 24, 2015 05:25AM
Thank You Much for the kind words "sweet pain fan"!

As far as new engine combinations in the Outlaw mod class, the process goes like this, bring your idea up so the class has some time to think about it and be at the fall meeting to explain yourself. Then it will get voted on.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,935, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,026.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009