front tires on the kavan tractors February 22, 2015 10:34AM
why are them tractors running the front tires with such low air pressure appear to b half flat I also noticed the someday tractor appeared to be softer than most others in the super farm class

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 22, 2015 11:29AM
I'm guessing it's the same reason some guys are putting Fullpull Motorsports air-ride front suspension on (or Engler spring front ends), minimize bounce an settle the tractor quicker.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 22, 2015 11:32AM
Jake I would imagine your correct , the magnum force also has an air ride front end , he must want every bit of travel possible.

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 22, 2015 01:18PM
Have you ever seen a flat ball bounce?

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 23, 2015 01:27AM
When winning is determined by fractions of an inch any slight advantage improves your chances, otherwise why would they have drawbar height rules?

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 23, 2015 01:28AM
I'll start the popcorn. Here we go again.

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 23, 2015 05:28AM
dirtfarmer
I'll start the popcorn. Here we go again.

+1

Beer

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 23, 2015 05:35AM
Make some for me too, Michael Jackson stole mine!

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 23, 2015 02:05AM
Obviously some people do. Why else would they do it? Even if it raises the drawbar 1/8th or 1/4 of an inch it still makes the drawbar over 20" and in turn makes the drawbar height illegal. 20" max.

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 23, 2015 03:55AM
That's interesting. I've done it on the shop floor and it didn't lower the draw bar at all. I took all of the air out until I had about 7 pounds left.

Went to the back and re measured. Didn't change it...

It's kind of a moot point...that's what I'm getting at...

Dirt Farmer, can you make me a bowl of popcorn too?!

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 23, 2015 07:27AM
Runnin Red
That's interesting. I've done it on the shop floor and it didn't lower the draw bar at all. I took all of the air out until I had about 7 pounds left.

Went to the back and re measured. Didn't change it...

It's kind of a moot point...that's what I'm getting at...

Dirt Farmer, can you make me a bowl of popcorn too?!

Of course it didn't lower the drawbar.....why would it? Just finished doing the same on our tractor, going from 40psi to 7 psi it raised the rear drawbar 3/16 of an inch. Enough to make a difference? That's not for me to decide but what it does is takes a 20" drawbar and makes it a 20 3/16" drawbar and that there is not legal.

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 23, 2015 07:43AM
I'd be more concerned about adding 2 pounds of air to the rear tires, but either way, at some point the drawbar height will be affected.

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 23, 2015 09:31AM
Was the tractor weighed and draw checked with low tires?? If so what does it matter??

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 23, 2015 11:48AM
Has anyone seen them acctually lowering the pressure? Typically once they are weighed and measured they go to the staging area and not the pits or trailer, unless someone has seen them lower the pressure there is no reason to point fingers.

Re: front tires on the kavan tractors February 26, 2015 02:46AM
what pull are you talking about at the bush pull. tell me here or shut up. I am the one that runs the scale and the draw bar and if any I repeat any tractor leaves the staging area and goes to the pits they are cheaked again.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM