Crower clutch adjustment while in SBJD March 01, 2015 03:54AM
Just wondering how others adjust the clearance on a Crower clutch while in a 4020? Do I need to cut an access hole in the bellhousing? Or are we going to need to split it every time we need to adjust it?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Crower clutch adjustment while in SBJD March 01, 2015 05:05AM
Go up thru the hole in the bottem of the bell housing, its pretty simple.no splitting tractor,no cutting another hole in bell housing,

Re: Crower clutch adjustment while in SBJD March 02, 2015 02:43AM
That's bout what 1 inch hole????? WTF

Re: Crower clutch adjustment while in SBJD March 02, 2015 03:00AM
I can access the nuts on the stands through the hole that #29 covers in the image, but I'm not able to get to the adjusters for the stands.

Maybe Awesome Johhny is running a smaller diameter clutch than what I have?? Not sure what the actual diameter of mine is, but the clutch housing is pretty full!

I'll try to snap a picture of mine, to show how tight it is, tonight or tomorrow night when I'm out in the shop.

Thanks!

Re: Crower clutch adjustment while in SBJD March 02, 2015 02:56AM
rustydib,
I had the same question. I air arced an opening from stock access hole toward front of pan flange. opening is roughly 12'' deep x 14'' across. i then made a new access cover using the original cover and adding a piece onto that. hope this helps. with anything more than a single disc clutch, i believe you'll need more of an opening to adjust.

Re: Crower clutch adjustment while in SBJD March 02, 2015 03:04AM
Thanks Buckeyecrewcab! That's exactly what I was thinking I needed to do, just wanted to verify it before we started cutting on the housing. I was mainly concerned with weakening the housing, but I think it will be fine. I appreciate the help.

Re: Crower clutch adjustment while in SBJD March 02, 2015 03:48AM
no problem at all. i have a 12" crower 4 disc and it fills the housing pretty well. i cut the housing toward the front so the adjusting hole is even with the pan flange. obviously leave the thick flange on the housing though. i have enough room to get to the stands and nuts that way. i run 9000 class and haven't had any strength issues coming down hard a few times

Re: Crower clutch adjustment while in SBJD March 02, 2015 12:43PM
OK. so yes it can be done. we run an 11in. 3 disc and it can be done.im sorry no buddy stated the clutch size. we made a special wrench to do this.yes it would be tough to do or almost impossible on a 12in.4 disc.

Re: Crower clutch adjustment while in SBJD March 02, 2015 12:46PM
No problem. Thanks for clarifying.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,774, Posts: 229,941, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,029.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009