Outlaw 2015 Hook Schedule March 02, 2015 06:34AM
I have been getting some emails wanting to know about the schedule as it is not posted on our website yet. Our new website is all but done and supposes to be up by Wednesday and have our new schedule on it. The outlaw schedule is about complete and there may be a few classes that might move around in the next week or so. There are 3 new pulls that might be added to these dates of July 24 & 25 to go with the classes at Britt & Alta, IA. We may also have one added on August 7th to go with the classes at Moville, IA. Our pullers though we had too many hooks so I haven’t been pursuing any more lately unless it really fit our schedule well. Later this week or next will be more details on the Chase for the Championship. We are not going to Onawa, IA this year and they signed up with the Nebraska Power Pullers Association. They have struggled since they had the pull off of the fair date 3 years ago and lost a lot of money. With the stagnant farm economy right now they lost 10 of their $1000 sponsors and just can’t afford Outlaws. Weeping Water, NE which is a free fair went with PPL Western Series as the bid was about $5000 less as they offered some cheaper classes than we have. The pull at Coffeyville, KS wanted us to do Monday this year and that was what they wanted last year. Last year we would only do Sunday as our pullers are coming back up from Deleon, TX and with most all other pullers at Missouri State Fair on Monday they couldn’t get anyone to do the Monday so they settled for Sunday. This year Missouri State Fair rolled a week and that Monday is available and they went with PPL Western Series. They called last week and said the Lucas Oil and General Tire paid the purse, so I told them that is the way to go if you can get a free show. Next year the Missouri State Fair will be back on top of Coffeyville and it will be a problem again. Brian Shramek called this week and cancelled the Jefferson City pull. He has done it for 10 years and it is a lot of work and he is going to take a break this year. The pull in Concord, NE is going to two tracks and the pull at Rock Valley, IA will probably go to 3 sessions. The big screen will be at 33 events and 45 sessions. I tried to keep every class around 25 hooks and 5 to 7 in the Chase. The purse will be about $1.5 million for the minimum purse with some raised purse also. The top 5 in the Chase will be in competition for $150,000. More details coming soon. Thanks, Doug
Attachments:
open | download - 2015 Outlaw Hook Schedule.xlsm (22.8 KB)

Re: Outlaw 2015 Hook Schedule March 02, 2015 11:21AM
Doug can you move date on Marshall mo that's the same night as the Dream Factory pull in sedalia which is 30 miles away. it helps a lot of under privileged kids fulfil their dreams, come pull with us and give to the kids! Thanks

Re: Outlaw 2015 Hook Schedule March 02, 2015 02:35PM
Rick, last year when I found out through the sled operator that we were on top of the Dream Factory pull in Sedalia I didn't want to be the bad guy and cancelled it. Never could find a date to reschedule it. Same as this year we have a pull in Cameron the day before and Marshall is far enough away from Cameron not to be drawing the same fans. We like to give our competitors at least 2 hooks when they travel long ways either by 2 day events or sweeps. Riggins out of Marshall is an Outlaw Sponsor and wants to support a pull in Marshall. From what I have been told not many people attended the pull in Sedalia. Maybe it is Sedalia's turn to move their date, but this is only date we could find to work for our schedule. Thanks, Doug

Re: Outlaw 2015 Hook Schedule March 03, 2015 12:00AM
Then maybe the proceeds from both pulls could go to the kids?

Re: Outlaw 2015 Hook Schedule March 03, 2015 12:14AM
AAR that would be nice if that could happen because the DREAM FACTORY pull has been around a long time and is a well supported pull that helps do a lot of things for these kids. IT is also a joint effort by more than one assoc. to help these kids.

Re: Outlaw 2015 Hook Schedule March 03, 2015 03:11PM
The attendance was low last year due to the fact it was rained out and rescheduled on a Sunday afternoon. It's to bad a pull that has been around for more than 20 years would be asked to find a new date. I would hope we as area pullers and spectators would still support the Dream Factory and the great charity it stands for. Doug Crooks

Re: Outlaw 2015 Hook Schedule March 03, 2015 03:11PM
Looks like you have a great schedule. But is it necessary to explain to us why Onawa isn't having the outlaws back because of the stagnant farm economy. Is it necessary to say that Weeping Water is having some cheaper classes? Thanks also for letting us know that the Missouri State Fair will have trouble next year. In my opinion, there is no need for these stupid comments. It doesn't say much for the character of outlaws to bash other groups

Re: Outlaw 2015 Hook Schedule March 03, 2015 03:17PM
Well you have to admit if he wouldn't have given the reasons , people would have asked or created their own speculation.

Re: Outlaw 2015 Hook Schedule March 03, 2015 03:24PM
I think you misunderstood what Doug was saying about Mo. State fair. The way I read that was, it was just going to be a scheduling problem for all groups wanting to participate at the Mo. State fair, with the fair date "rolling" weeks.
His statements about Onawa and Weeping Water are not out of line, or bashing, in my opinion. Just decent explanations.
Everyone's schedule is shaping up nicely! Will be a fun summer!

Re: Outlaw 2015 Hook Schedule March 03, 2015 04:40PM
Who do you follow?

There is no need for the made up explainations. They are his opinion of what is happening and not actual fact. it discredits the sport as a whole..Advertise your pulls and organization in a professional matter. I have absolutely no problem with that at all. Just keep it that way. Look! outlaws has a lot of history. It has grown from a small Missouri mini rod organization into a national power on the pulling circuit. They have their own unique brand. Focus on it, sell it, promote it and stop worrying about what the heck everyone else is doing,. Call me when you ever need more ideas, you have my number.

Re: Outlaw 2015 Hook Schedule March 04, 2015 11:12AM
to outlaw junky what did you mean by "there is no need for the made up explainations" did you mean explanations and what are you getting at with that statement

Re: Outlaw 2015 Hook Schedule March 04, 2015 01:50PM
Chris,

Feel free to call me anytime. Otherwise my previous post says enough about this subject.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009