rumor of new precision charger March 19, 2015 02:16PM
heard precision is making a new charger to keep up or out do harts latest and greatest for use on 466 lim pro tractors has anyone heard anything about this

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 21, 2015 01:02AM
It's already proven itself on the dyno. If your running a harts turbo your already behind for 2015!

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 21, 2015 07:03AM
Will have see that to believe! Think Harry would send me one to test and verify your statement?

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 21, 2015 01:30AM
But if your running in the outlaws you don't have to worry about upgrading turbos every year!

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 21, 2015 01:41AM
Go outlaws, with the turbo rules. I think that is an awesome idea, something every organization could learn from. Now who has proof of the precision being better than the new harts? I want one.

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 21, 2015 09:11AM
Atleast there will be 500 used harts chargers for sale in a few weeks when everyone has to upgrade

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 21, 2015 01:49PM
When will you all learn, the turbo people will always come up with a better charger JUST before the new season?
And THEN, maybe this new compressor cover design that just got a few more horsepower on the dyno with the wheel on the newest-latest-greatest you just bought 3 weeks ago.
And you all wonder why the rest of the pulling world laughs at you?

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 21, 2015 02:36PM
Just made me 70hp over Harts latest and greatest

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 21, 2015 04:10PM
Every time another 20 hp is made twice a year those tractors will be full blown pro stocks in a couple more years

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 21, 2015 11:54PM
They are the Prostocks of 10-15 years ago.

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 22, 2015 02:41AM
Um prostocks of 15 years ago light years ahead. come on

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 22, 2015 08:02AM
So who dynoed this turbo and how much did it gain??

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 22, 2015 09:31AM
In my research pertaining to ultimate top chargers, I went through all of the usual suspects. The HX-82's with every wheel imagineable, the 93's and 95's from Air Research, etc. The ones I found most appealing were actually a box charger from Precision. Now I am talking about larger turbos than what this thread is pertaining to, but I was so interested in the geneology of these turbos that Precision offers that I called them personally and spoke with their thinkers. I asked them about upvomming changes and shortfalls that their support staff has had to deal with. They were confident that their chargers were offered in their best form currently, but a new exhaust wheel was in the works. I asked if a guy wasnt pressed to start the points run this season if he would be better off waiting to purchase a turbo after the newly developed wheel is finished in R&D. They told me it would be as long as a year before the updated exhaust would be out. Now all of this pertains to the G-Trim based chargers. Not intended to rain on anyones parade. I do wonder if anyone other than Justin Edwards has had problems with Precisions big turbos. He told me on the phone that he suffered bearing failure twice, and has changed his provram to not include the precisions. Any alkie guys out there happy with precisions 118 chargers? Galot team? Anybody out there other than Mike Sandufer running them consistently with longevity and success?

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 22, 2015 11:21AM
Again, if the turbo guru's come up with something even better than they are holding up till next year, you can bet what they have now will miraculously make it into production JUST before, or, as this season starts!
This just isn't a precision deal.
The turbo folks just know the S. F. Class is ripe for the picking for this stuff!
Oh, and for the feller claiming 50 horse on the dyno,,,,,,,,, maybe the SF folks here will believe you, but anyone with an ounce of common sense is laughing at you!

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 24, 2015 04:32AM
People why don't you just tell the truth. Just got off the phone with TURBONRTICS. They have a new titanium 3x3 out. And omg the numbers are huge. Can't tell you who dyoned it but the info they gave me was awsome. And price was good too $3248 to my door with a year warranty.

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 25, 2015 02:08AM
good luck with turbonetics

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 26, 2015 10:57AM
Super farm should be at about 3000 hp by now with all the horsepowe they gain three times a year 60 to 70 horse at a time lmao

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 26, 2015 11:51AM
One super farm puller told me a couple of years ago that if everything he'd bought that had promised him 30-50 hp had actually done it, he'd be a lot further ahead than where he is.

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 27, 2015 04:55AM
at this rate of HP increase we should be looking at component chassis in SF class

Re: rumor of new precision charger March 27, 2015 11:57AM
Yes Sully ,..........any GN class should be allowed the component chassis. Or else it shouldn't be a GN class.

Re: learn how to read a dyno chart March 29, 2015 11:40AM
just ran two turbos on the dyno 640 sf normal stuff 14mm qick lift p71 billet injectors best of every thing, your right at a certain rpm one turbo did make 85 more hp. But and this is a very big ass, at 2000 rpms the one with 85 more hp made less than the other one, now if you shift down and keep your rpms up in the power range it might work on some tracks but maybe you could look at your data logger and see where you spend most of the time in the rpm range where that extra 85 hp was at you might be surprised, this is why a winning sf still has ( ntpa) around the same hp and are not at 1900 like they would be with all the 50 hp increases. buy away suckers

Re: learn how to read a dyno chart March 29, 2015 01:53PM
guess you guys don't realize..hp is just a very irrelevant number, its torque readings that you want.actually direct reading hp numbers are not close, you need to read torque and use the formula to get hp.so next time get lb. ft. of torque instaed of hp. numbers from the dyno.if your not getting torque numbers,find another dyno shop..

Re: learn how to read a dyno chart March 29, 2015 02:20PM
no dyno reads hp only unless the dyno is configured in the software to read hp only on the screen. anybody that has been around testing knows this. hp = rpm * torque/5252. so in a way you cant have hp without torque or torque without hp at any given rpm. if your going to build low rpm torque you will also have good hp numbers at that rpm. I have seen many motors that make real good power at 3000 and above, and ones that make say 50 hp less at 3000 rpm but will build torque or maintain it down to 2000 or less and those are the ones that bring home the trophy if the operator knows what to do with it.

Re: learn how to read a dyno chart March 30, 2015 07:54AM
Directly from Precision, "We will not be releasing a new turbo this year." "A turbo has not been sent to the dyno for testing." So who has the correct information......

Re: learn how to read a dyno chart March 30, 2015 08:28AM
Precision.....Winking

Re: learn how to read a dyno chart March 30, 2015 09:58AM
Was told there would be a possible release in mid June. Not sure if that changed or not

Re: learn how to read a dyno chart March 30, 2015 02:00PM
HP and torque are related,but not relevant.They follow different curves on a graph.every engine has it's own curve with many factors changing where the peaks and optimum is.most situations an engine will produce the most torque at a much lower rpm than where the high hp number is,hence a compromise,like everything else in life,no such thing as having your cake and eating it too. That is why we all have really close ratio transmissions.

Re: rumor of new precision charger April 07, 2015 06:42AM
In January 2013 we called Precision to get a new charger since we were just starting out with some really outdated stuff. They told us they were getting close on a new turbo, and to wait a few weeks. I called about every 6 weeks and Justin kept saying they were getting really close to having them ready. Still no turbo in May, so we bought a 1 year old used one, and found out the new turbo that "wasn't ready" had already been on tractors at Louisville. The moral of the story is, your competition probably already has one but you're SOL, so go run what you have.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,685, Posts: 229,787, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason