Black Diamond Head March 29, 2015 07:51AM
I have a IH black diamond head for my C291. It currently has a 301 head. I was told that the 301 rockers give more lift than the black diamond rockers and i was wondering if this is true or should i use the black diamond rockers.

Re: Black Diamond Head March 29, 2015 12:47PM
would like to know the diffrence in the black diamond and silver diamond...which performs better and which will do better on a 301

Re: Black Diamond Head March 29, 2015 12:55PM
Black diamonds have angled valves and a silver diamond has verticle valves a silvr diamond and stock 301 head are very similar but a black diamond would have more flow

Re: Black Diamond Head March 30, 2015 05:11AM
Silver diamond head is way better than a black diamond head,way more flow from a silver diamond head.

Re: Black Diamond Head March 31, 2015 02:01PM
is the silver diamond head better for a stock 301 at stock rpm? i found 1 cheap but dont know if it will be worth the money i have heard that it is very good but i have aslo heard that tractor head is better...

Re: Black Diamond Head March 29, 2015 01:09PM
If you have rockers from both heads measure them from pivot to contact point on each end. If the 301 rockers are shorter on the push rod side or longer on the valve side they will give more lift than the others. You also need to make sure the geometry is correct.

Re: Black Diamond Head March 31, 2015 03:14PM
The combustion chamber is different. It is bigger on a black Diamond head

Re: Black Diamond Head April 01, 2015 12:41AM
Digginholes you are correct also, the silver diamond head has really small chambers, boost up compression quite a bit.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,706, Posts: 229,808, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,954.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro