Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 09, 2015 08:53AM
What is the verdict on this fuel? I know its been out for a while, but is it worth running over farm fuel with an additive such as Cenpeco puller lube? I pull mostly brush pulls at county fairs and festivals. Any noticeable power increases? I'm running about 500hp. Does it lube the fuel system as good Cenpeco does? Thanks.

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 09, 2015 02:23PM
If you are local to a countrymark station buy their Premium Dieselex-4.

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 09, 2015 02:48PM
Just like everything else used on superduperfarm,
Worth 50 horsepower on the dyno.

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 09, 2015 03:09PM
Is there a good diesel fuel additive that adds lubricity and maybe some cetane?

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 09, 2015 05:26PM
I don't know about tractors, but I add about 4 oz of power steering fluid along with some Kleen. It's night and day difference in performance in my Duramax.

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 10, 2015 12:35AM
FPPF cetane +8

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 11, 2015 01:04AM
John B. are you adding 4oz per gallon of diesel or per tank

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 11, 2015 03:24AM
Two stroke oil helped with the older engines in my big trucks, I don't like the idea of using transmission or power steering fluid as you don't know what the additives will do do the injection system. I believe there is testing somewhere that compared most comercially available additives for lubricity and the two stroke oil was above anything else, can't say it does anything for cetane though.

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 11, 2015 05:41AM
oil makes heat,heat makes HP !!!!!! Have ran two stroke oil for yrs,made lots of power with n/a engine.soy B100 added helps also.

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 11, 2015 06:38AM
Correct, soy is a very good lubricity additive!

B2 has plenty of lubricity to offset the ultra low sulfur diesel, no other additives needed.

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 11, 2015 03:18PM
Schied fuel is like buying bottled water.

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 12, 2015 12:39AM
SmokinCat or Jimboo how much 2 stroke oil do you use.(rate) thanks.

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 12, 2015 08:39PM
I found this very interesting study on adding 2-stroke oil to diesel:

http://www.fuelexpert.co.za/2-stroke-oil-in-diesel-technical-study.php

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 12, 2015 02:30AM
We use hydraulic oil or any oil with out detergent's like they have in motor oil and some 2 cycle oil's the detergent's are hard on injectors. A cheap 20wt or 30wt hydraulic oil you buy at your discount farm store works good. We have used it for years in over the road trucks and pulling pump's. Some guy's like to by cheap non detergent power steering oil and it is fine also. Just to have the quart case to care for easy access. One quart to a 100 gal is what we have used. It's does extend the injector life if they are set correctly.

Re: Schied Lightning NTPA Legal Diesel Fuel April 13, 2015 12:40AM
Many over the road trucking companies put drain oil back into the fuel tanks,filtered,but very dirty.classic cars use oil with Zinc added

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,956, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,039.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009