fuel & turbos April 22, 2009 12:18PM
I am contemplating buying a light super that has sat for about 10 years. It has 3 turbos,which are:schwitzer s4 on bottom--t18a95 in midde--and a t18a90 on top. Would this setup work and keep up with todays tractors on the state level and what CC's of fuel do I need since the pump needs rebuilt and is in parts and no way of knowing what setting was. It is 370 cube diesel. The injectors are 4x32. Any help will be appreciated.

;

Re: fuel & turbos April 23, 2009 02:39PM
If you're familiar with the Supertiquer (Golden Harvester), Levee Leaper, or Hulls 4 banger Minni, I'd expect you to be in their neighborhood. They are probably running slightly bigger chargers on top, so they will make a little more HP.

Re: fuel & turbos April 24, 2009 01:36AM
But aren't those tractors alcohol? I was wondering more about diesel. I am sure the current configuration will work, but unsure of the fuel cc's needed. I can buy the tractor fairly reasonable, so I would have some funds to upgrade turbochargersif needed.

Re: fuel & turbos April 24, 2009 02:43AM
Yes, they are alky, but at similar airflow the HP should be similar. Given the size of the bottom chargers I would think it could turn a bigger one on top, but the engine may not be able to hold that much. He may have been limiting the boost with the top charger to keep the bottom end together. You might ask if he ever tried a 93 on the top as that should be 3.9

My guess is that you're probably looking at running a 13mm P at about max fuel. Sorry, but I don't have a guess on cc's.

Re: fuel & turbos April 24, 2009 04:23AM
What would you assume the setup is capable of on boost. I think he said around 180-200, but sounds like a lot to me. Will a little motor take that? I have a friend who has a 13 mm p pump that maxes out at 900 cc. Sounds like a lot of fuel, but then it may need that much if it indeed makes 180 lbs.

Re: fuel & turbos April 24, 2009 05:21AM
dont know much about diesel but i would bet you could get 180 out of that setup. my twin charger with the similar setup before i had a waste gate would peg the guage at100 by 100 feet on the track with a small cube alchol engine. do you realy need three or would two be a better way to go? i would maybe stick your extra money else where on the tractor before changing the turbo setup

Re: fuel & turbos April 24, 2009 05:24AM
With 3 stages 180-200 is doable - that's only a pressure ratio of 2.4-2.5 per stage (Top charger puts out about 20 psi, middle 75, & bottom 205 if the pressure ratio is 2.45 all the way thru).

As for will it handle it? That depends on what's inside. At 370 cid I'm guessing AC or Ollie. I hope it has 7 mains & a girdle. I'm not familiar with the factory rods in either, but I'd imagine they wouldn't handle that much power.

I don't know how well you know the owner, anyone who pulled against it, or at least saw it run regularly. History is probaly your best indication of how reliable it will be. Also, why it was parked? Burned out, nowhere to pull light, unable to compete against big motors, or was the maintenance eating him up?

Re: fuel & turbos April 24, 2009 06:44AM
It is an AC 190.The owner said it has a girdle, Simpson hardened rods, Arias Pistons with around 12.5 compression, ductile iron sleeves, fire o-ringed , crower cam, roller rockers, aluminum cyl head. Owner just got burned out and parked it in 1999. He said motor needs freshened up. Thats about all I can get out of him.

Re: fuel & turbos April 27, 2009 09:51AM
Any more ideas???? I can buy it for 15000.00, but needs rear tires and a good cage.

Re: fuel & turbos April 27, 2009 10:55AM
Buy the tractor , freshen up the motor, put the good 13ml plungers in the pump, should deliver 900cc + and go tractor pulling. Leave the turboes alone for now. Should work fine. I would probably have some billet rods made if you push it much harder.

Re: fuel & turbos April 27, 2009 11:23AM
Wow, will it eat that much fuel? He thought the old pump was set around 700?

Re: fuel & turbos April 27, 2009 11:17PM
you can always set it back . If you're going to spend the money rebuiliding the pump you might as well get all you can. You 'll need the fuel if you put on some bigger chargers some day.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009