Howm to clean a firesuit and when to replace? April 21, 2015 06:04AM
How do I get the smell out of a suit?

How many years can I use a firesuit before it should be replaced? While I am at it, when should a safety harness be replaced???

Thank you

a puller on the cheap

Re: Howm to clean a firesuit and when to replace? April 21, 2015 10:20AM
Most firesuits come with cleaning instructions for that specific suit. I think you can find those instructions if you go to the manufacturer's website or maybe on Jegs, Summit, etc. Racing groups like IMCA and UMP usually require belts to be no more than 2 years old.

Re: Howm to clean a firesuit and when to replace? April 21, 2015 12:53PM
Diesel/oil/smoke smell, or a "I sh*t my pants when it blew!" smell????Grinning

where to buy custom fire suit? April 21, 2015 03:07PM
Where good place to get a custom fire suit? custom logos or designs.

Re: where to buy custom fire suit? April 22, 2015 12:59AM
Koepke7810 - I would check with Kris at Six B Apparel and see if they do them. If not, they may have an idea of where to get them.

Re: where to buy custom fire suit? April 22, 2015 01:42AM
Awesome racewear

Re: Howm to clean a firesuit and when to replace? April 22, 2015 11:39AM
We have found an awesome product "Molecule Wash for Technical Fabrics". Aaron Z., the Simpson Guy that has a display trailer at Tomah, Bowling Green and a few other events, told us about it and I order it from him. Also I have found it on Amazon, (but we like to support those that support us, so we call Aaron Z.)

The Molecule line has a spot remover for heavy duty "eck" and also the wash. Read the directions and do exactly as directed. Our firesults have off white details on them and oil, fuel, grit and grime were all over our suits after a few oil issues, you know that great "green oil" we use does leave a mess behind...I waited a long time to wash the firesuit, afraid it would fade.. Aaron told me to give Molecule a try and WOW, it turned out just like new. I was so impressed and now I don't hesitate to launder the firesuits. I have tried lots of stuff in the past 25 years and I feel this is the best!

Something to think about is that the oil and fuels etc that collect on your firesuit are kinda an attraction if a fire starts, if the suit is saturated with those chemicals, the fire retardants may not be as effective.

Re: Howm to clean a firesuit and when to replace? April 22, 2015 11:51AM
Is your fire suit still fireproof or just clean most fire suits say dry clean only .My wife washed my old one till it faded when I got a new one I lit the old one to burn brush with

Re: How to clean a firesuit and when to replace? April 27, 2015 01:06PM
The product is for firesuits and I have not caught on fire so I am sure hoping it is still fire "proof" at least long enough for me to get to my Stop Fyre extinguisher. I did have a huge hot "green" oil experience last season during my run and my suit did not heat up and I was able to get the "green" out with my Molecule treatments. Hope this helps.

Re: Howm to clean a firesuit and when to replace? April 22, 2015 10:07PM
In my career as a line worker. Nomex fabric is a 100% flame resistant, but its exteremly uncomfortable to wear thats they have these newer blends of flame resistant material. FR cotton and synthetic blends should be replaced every two years or when the garment itself is showing signs of wear.(thats figuring on garments that are worn daily) Our Fire suits get worn mabybe twice a week or month. Any oil or grease on the garment does cancell any FR properties it would have until they are removed.
My fire suit for hot farm is the single layer jacket and paint, wash after every event use mild detergent (no bleach or fabric softner) then line dry....so far i've been abled to keep the "smells"off the suit. even after a lift snafu with water injection!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,707, Posts: 229,810, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro