corn prices,the bankers attitude April 30, 2015 04:06PM
I feel the need for a new class for pulling
,lets call it the rat rod diesel class
466 cubic inch stock engine parts , original rods , pistons can be milled , stock cast head , 2 cheap off the shelf turbo's , 13 mill pump , water injection, steel wheels, paint jobs must be done with a spray can, all safty equipment has to be used, or it could be called a nostalga ssd class, haulers must have an open trailer, goose neck trailers or take the stalk rack off a 2 ton truck.
It should be a class many could afford
any one caught cheating would be kicked out for 5 years loose their tractor and be fined this money would be added to the purse so the pullers would be able to claim the cheating tractor.
no double cut tires
should work for $3.00 corn.

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude April 30, 2015 04:20PM
I kind of like it but a couple of things need to be added

stock camshaft only flat tappet also stock original valve springs

stock p pump

no special gearing, everyone should have enough power to turn stock road gear

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 01, 2015 03:00PM
and how do you plan to police these new rules?

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 02, 2015 12:37PM
You forgot to mention you have to run 151 Firestones with most cords showing!!!!

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 02, 2015 02:57PM
No fancy hitches, only twisted clevis.

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 03, 2015 12:01AM
Do them 151's need to have a break or two in them with a big boot bolted in them? We done that before and that twisted clevis has to be a hitch pin not a tight bolt holding it.

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 04, 2015 01:16PM
this sounds like it could be a good affordable class , put in the rules a claim price that includes the engine ,fuel system and turbo setup for a reasonable price and the class would police itself .

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 07, 2015 03:55PM
although the post was probably titled wrong the class proposed makes some sense not every one has the money for all of todays expensive custom made products and shiny wheels , so why not have a class of old school twin turbo tractors that could make a 1000 horsepower at a very reasonable price , you might be surprised how many tractors would come out and they would put on a good show and would be much more interesting than the super farms we now have for the cheaper starter class.

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 08, 2015 12:15AM
That's all fine and dandy until someone spends WAY more than the rest of the class, which is part of motorsports!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2015 12:16AM by IHFan1.

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 08, 2015 01:19AM
Put a system in like the race car to be able to buy someones turbo, pump, and maybe motor (make it cheap) and maybe that would prevent the overspending on a class like this UUMMM might be a good thing in some of these classes we are running now.

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 08, 2015 01:37AM
I'm 99% sure the original poster was kidding with that class. That class would be tough to tech (original rods?).

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 08, 2015 10:09AM
I would think it was a joke but Im not joking on the buy out plan

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 08, 2015 12:59PM
i actually agree completely on the buyout plan. works great in other motorsports.

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 08, 2015 02:13PM
The llss class was started to be just the class you guys are looking for when it started if you could do a lot of the work yourself 10 to 15 thousand you could have a lot of fun .But now you have people spending 60 to 80 thousand on tractors I,ve been pulling 30 years and I,ve seen that money has ruined every class out there. All these classes has been killed because of somebody with more money than sense spends spends a WAD just to win then a few more do the same then everyone else quits then the class is gone because fair boards don't want a 5 tractor class then a new class is born with a new name some tighter rules that go away and start all over again and it will happen again the old light weight super farm class will come back again.But I don't blame them if I had the money I would probably do the same

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 08, 2015 03:13PM
Lewis
The llss class was started to be just the class you guys are looking for when it started if you could do a lot of the work yourself 10 to 15 thousand you could have a lot of fun .But now you have people spending 60 to 80 thousand on tractors I,ve been pulling 30 years and I,ve seen that money has ruined every class out there. All these classes has been killed because of somebody with more money than sense spends spends a WAD just to win then a few more do the same then everyone else quits then the class is gone because fair boards don't want a 5 tractor class then a new class is born with a new name some tighter rules that go away and start all over again and it will happen again the old light weight super farm class will come back again.But I don't blame them if I had the money I would probably do the same

That pretty much sums it up. I agree totally. Also want to thank Jake and the mods for cleaning this thread up.

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 10, 2015 12:35AM
I remember some of the very first pulls at our county fair and small town celebrations.Lots of fun very little prize money close to 50 tractors per class.The same has happened to almost all forms of motorsports.The more rules the more it costs.Being 70 years old I still long for the days of $.30 gas,$3000 new cars that were fast[L-79 Nova],and the first turboed tractor over 100H.P [1206 which I have both] when everything was fun.Nostalgia class sound great but would be hard to police.

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 10, 2015 12:43AM
Specify everything, then bring tractors to pull and blind draw which one you drive (not the one you brought).

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 10, 2015 12:52AM
so many opinions and everyone wants something different,promote and put on a pull with so much BS and you all will think again.would be interesting to pull a class out of the pot draw !!!!!! Part of THE AMERICAN WAY is to out spend,out think and out do the next guy.

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 10, 2015 03:04AM
Deere Puller, I kind of like that idea for a county level class. That might just keep everything stock. Maybe I am wrong too?

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 10, 2015 07:13AM
People can talk all they want about progress but the best shows in pulling was in the 80s its not a pull anymore and you say the croud wants speed,The sled guy can set the sled were a stock m farmall can pull 4th gear if progress is spending an extra 4000 dollars on a turbo to get 50 more horses just to win a couple hundred bucks that's not to much progress. The real winner is the guy who takes a little and does a lot with it

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 10, 2015 08:58AM
It takes power and speed to compete with a drop pan sled,in a slow MPH class,all tractors pile up in a very narrow range,proves nothing.Many do want to see the "COOKIE CUTTER" CLASSES WITH PAINT SMOKE AND SPEED,BUT TRULY THE OLD FASHIONED HARD TO PULL MOST OF THE way sleds separated the bozz better. Yes,a stock "M" can pull an empty bale wagon in forth,but when the pan even thinks about being pressed to the ground it is all over in a nano second.Much better to pull in second or first depending on wt. class and work at the pull so that technique,power,tires and ability plays a role. Heck,let's go back to the people step on style of sleds,where the heavy guy changes places with the slim guy to cheat. LOL It ain't cheatin if you ain't caught.

Re: corn prices,the bankers attitude May 10, 2015 10:39AM
Tell the sled operator to add weight, move his drop switch way back, and unplug the pushdown switch. Seen it done plenty of times and solves the problem of piling them up in one sp

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,717, Posts: 229,825, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,961.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro