Open Station Kit May 12, 2015 04:26AM
Looking to possibly take the cab off of a 4440, just curious if anyone knows of a good kit out there to make everything outdoor material instead of indoor, or if a person is better off just finding a different tractor or what the case is. Thanks in advance.

Re: Open Station Kit May 12, 2015 11:26AM
Parts are scarce my friend. I am currently converting from a cab 4430 to an open station. Trust me you would believe how many little things are different. I know 4440 where all cab tractors, but i would imagine an earlier one would probably except 4430 parts. Me personally , next time i will just find an open station tractor. I still need a platform. Are you pulling this 4440? Polk equipment has a complete kit for sale, but you might want to sit down when you see the price.

Re: Open Station Kit May 12, 2015 12:29PM
Ya it's for my friends tractor, I'm just trying to convince him to take the cab off of it. It's hard as hell to find anything, that's what I've found too.

Re: Open Station Kit May 13, 2015 04:27AM
I've seen a few cab that where taking off, stripped down and the put back on. They looked pretty good, with enough time it can be down and almost look like a factory open. I know a 4440 early with the 3 3/8 axle are real similar to a 4430. Im a puriest in the sense that mine has to have factory parts........ never again will i do that. Not a big faan of wet clutches either. Found a 4320, that's gonna be the new winter "hot farm" project.

Re: Open Station Kit May 14, 2015 07:53AM
Ya we were kinda thinking we wanted to make it look as factory as possible but if we got caught in a rainstorm, it wouldn't mess up anything.

Re: Open Station Kit May 15, 2015 08:17AM
What is one of these complete open stations worth? I have one that I took off sitting here, figured it could collect dust for a few years before I decided what to do with it.

Re: Open Station Kit May 17, 2015 05:35AM
Complete with all the brackets ? Ive seen them any where from 2500 to 5k depending on condition. Take a few pics and price it to sell, i guarentee it wont take long. 30 series stations fit a quite a few tractors.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,711, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520