What does it feel like when your pulling? May 24, 2015 01:46PM
I had a young spectator / fan come up to me after a pull yesterday and ask what
Does it feel like when you pull? I chuckled and said that was a very good question, but
Could not describe the feeling, besides an intense rush. I don't think that helped him much.
After thinking about that for a day, I still cannot describe it.
He was inquiring on a hot farm class.
Can anyone describe it?

Re: What does it feel like when your pulling? May 24, 2015 01:51PM
I tell people it's better than sex...just don't tell my wife.

Re: What does it feel like when your pulling? May 24, 2015 02:17PM
In a mod it reminds me of take off in a airplane but with a huge rush.

Re: What does it feel like when your pulling? May 24, 2015 03:07PM
It's like rushing through the worlds loudest tubed waterslide, but instead of water hitting you, it;s dirt! The light you see at the end of the tube has the tractor hood, white lines on the track, and hopefully the flagman! Oh yea, the waterslide feels like it's straight down! Thats what I recall with my limited rookie career!

Re: What does it feel like when your pulling? May 24, 2015 04:17PM
I used to rock climb,, Pulling feels a lot like making a lunge for a fingertip hold 80 feet off the ground and getting the grab. (But with NOISE and SMOKE)

Re: What does it feel like when your pulling? May 25, 2015 02:39AM
Great question from a young fan. This sport needs the good interaction between pullers and young fan to keep them interested in pulling. It's hard to explain what it feels like to be on a pulling truck or tractor. I've had the privilege of being on both ends, and when people ask, I tell them , pulling is like taking off on a 727. Sitting on the sled is like a rough landing on a 747.
I do miss those days of having Dustin Hook pulling me down the track at 30mph!

Re: What does it feel like when your pulling? May 25, 2015 03:01PM
Taking off on our 4.1 limited pro stock it feels a lot like sitting in the instructor pilot seat on take off in a B-52 G when the pilot would release the brakes and hit the water injection. I could only imagine a multi engine mod feels like taking off in a F-15!

Re: What does it feel like when your pulling? May 26, 2015 12:54AM
It's just another ride down a down a dirt road.

Re: What does it feel like when your pulling? May 26, 2015 03:03AM
Always adrenaline rush but the thing I really like is your mind is peaceful
no back pain from swinging weights no thoughts or worries of the world just
A time of serenity enjoying the moment

Re: What does it feel like when your pulling? May 27, 2015 02:03AM
In both drag racing and tractor pulling some feel a slowing of time.. As you get used to the machine, events seem to slow down, you may become hyper aware.

Re: What does it feel like when your pulling? May 27, 2015 02:29PM
On fast pulls.I get tunnel vision, mind blanks, and i shake after . 95 in a car is dull . 6 on a pull is exciting

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,736, Posts: 229,871, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM