disc mowers June 09, 2015 01:54AM
I want to buy a new one which one should I get

Re: disc mowers June 09, 2015 02:50AM
we've had great service out of our Kuhns. never used any other brands so can't say much about them but other than regular maintenance our kuhns have never let us down.

Re: disc mowers June 09, 2015 08:35AM
we have had tremendous luck with the new hollands. don't know anything about the kuhns. I have heard from a few different people that the vermeers are really good and last forever.

Re: disc mowers June 09, 2015 09:55AM
the new Holland was a Kuhn for many years think the deck on the better ones still is, Kuhn, claas, krone all good, the krone is now shaft drive mucho quieter, Kubota bought the vicon unit and it is the only one I know of with three blades, the Hesston, caseih and new idea are all good mowers. Having said all that I will say this stay away from any machine that has an oil bath deck they are a bear for maintenance and costly to repair. Personally the Vermeer is my current choice for the ease of changing blades outside of that; Vermeer,kuhn , krone, claas, new Holland the good not the economy, and the Kubota are all worth considering. For me it will come down to price and dealer support ; that's not much of an answer currently I would buy the Kubota or Vermeer from personal use and local dealers.

Re: disc mowers June 09, 2015 10:58AM
Agco has the best unit on the market. 1383 or 1386.....Massey, Challenger or Hesston. All the same. These are new units for 2015 and feature the same razor bar head as the self propelled units. No manufactured stress points in the cutter bar like the competition has. No stripped hubs or broken shafts. Have ran competitive units side by side....no comparison on quality of cut and conditioning. Also narrowest cutter bar and strongest frame in the industry. Hydraulic tensioner on the conditioner rolls. 3 year cutter bar warranty. You'll never ever replace a turtle hub or shaft again!

Re: disc mowers June 10, 2015 12:29AM
Krone would be my choice with the safe cut hubs always been leader in forage technology that just my two cents.

Re: disc mowers June 10, 2015 02:06AM
The Agco units would be my choice. Ever since I went from New Holland to Massey I went from having lots of cutterbar issues to none with the Masseys

Re: disc mowers June 10, 2015 04:24PM
My Kuhns have been pretty much trouble free and work great. I wouldn't look to use anything else. Great machines.

Re: disc mowers June 10, 2015 07:14PM
There you go Bert, that pretty much clears it up, and weeds out all the bad ones. I have a case ih because of dealer support and closest available. Brother has a Reese, neighbors have a Krone and they all perform well

Re: disc mowers June 11, 2015 05:42AM
pull type or self propelled or mounted?good clean ground all will work and last. rocky or rough ground will give you trouble or hit something and tweek it. buy from local dealer for best service price andparts avalibilty simple

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,636, Posts: 229,701, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,902.

Our newest member JD_8520