jd wet clutch help June 12, 2015 12:32AM
Running a 4 disc wet clutch with a syncro.....newly built tractor with rursch flywheel and new clutch. When running the tractor and trying to put in any gear.....it's grinds severely.....not possible to even grind into gear.....when you shut the tractor off and put into gear and when trying to restart it bogs the starter to a stop and trys inching the tractor forward like it's got bad clutch drag. Jacked the tractor up last night and while running i some how ground it into 6 or 7th gear. It turned the tires like it should and If I pushed in the clutch and hit the brakes the tires stopped and no bog on the motor......if I hit brakes without pressing clutch it bogs the motor like it should.......so it seems the clutch works if I somehow get it into gear but why can't i get it into gear. One thing I noticed is the shifter seems pretty worn....would that be my possible cause?

Re: jd wet clutch help June 12, 2015 12:44AM
Sounds like your valve body on the side of the clutch housing isn't dumping a sufficient amount of pressure when you push the pedal in....causing the clutch to drag...did you check to see if your clutch rod is traveling far enough to make the valve close all the way...just have to put a guage on the side of the valve body to check pressure...

Re: jd wet clutch help June 12, 2015 03:59AM
Went though this, fingers on clutch may not be adjusted properly. Adjustment is quite critical. We went though this for 3 years. Finally went to dry clutch, problem was over. Just what you didn't want to hear.

Re: jd wet clutch help June 12, 2015 09:43AM
Could be several things. Is clutch fingers adjusted correctly, is oil pressure dumping to zero. Check with gauge. What did we do with pto valveing?

Re: jd wet clutch help June 13, 2015 01:54AM
ive found also that the cold hydraulic oil will cause them to drag also. the more disk the worse it is. every time I put new disks in mine it would do the same. I had to bypass the neutral safety switch and start in gear. once I made a couple passes then it would go into gear. if its a 4430 base watch out on adjustment because theres a serial number split. I have seen a late serial number tractor with an early clutch operating housing. so go off your casting number on the housing to 100% verify.

Re: jd wet clutch help June 14, 2015 10:46AM
Take valve body off side and see if u can move input shaft sounds like ur pinching a disk like it slid off hub when u put it together

Re: jd wet clutch help.....update June 23, 2015 01:31AM
Heres an update on my situation ....After banging my head against the wall and stumping every tractor guy around.....we almost split the tractor for the hell of it to see what we found. I finally figured out my very stupid simple problem.....it's turns out Ray Charles (blind guy) must of adjusted the linkage going from the shifter to the trans because the rods weren't a few turns out but a few inches out. I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and suggestions that posted.......tractor shifts and drives great now.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,934, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM