Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 14, 2015 01:17PM
Readstown Heritage Pull 2015
Sunday, July 5th

Weigh ins: 10:00 a.m.
Pull: 12:00 Sharp

Antique Classes - 3.5 mph, 16.9.28-15.5.38 Tires, 10% Over Stock rpm, 18" Drawbar

Improved Antique Classes - 4 mph, 16.9.28-15.5.38 Tires, 18" Drawbar

Farm Classes - 5 mph, 414 cu. in Limit, 18.4.38 Tires, 3000 rpm, 20" Drawbar

Turbo Farm Classes - 8 mph, 466 cu. in. Limit, 2.3 Turbo, 20.8.38-18.4.42 Tires, 20" Drawbar

Open Classes - 8 mph, 18.4.38 Tires, 20" Drawbar, 3000 rpm

Local Farm Class - Rules TBA at driver's meeting.

Attention pullers
* Classes and rules are subject to change depending on attendance and majority vote at driver's meeting.
* 100% payback
* Pat's Corner Bar has solely sponsored this event. Please support his business with your beverage and food needs. No carry ins.
* As the Fire Department and EMS are located adjacent to the pull, please do not park in the vicinity of their buildings.
* Any questions, please contact Monte 608-632-3088, Todd 608-606-0207 or Jim 608-606-3798

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 15, 2015 12:19PM
We have added 5000 and 6500 ant. And 5000 imp. Also the OPEN classes will be ran at ten mph on the pace board.

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 22, 2015 03:40PM
Thinking about having the top 3 tractors in the "farm" classes run on the dyno for 10 minutes at the completion of the class. What are peoples thoughts? Our reasoning is that a "farm tractor" should be able to with stand being "worked" and hold together.

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 22, 2015 07:29PM
Let's just make it a dyno pull. HP check them all.

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 "Farm Class Rules" June 23, 2015 12:00AM
Added rules for ALL FARM CLASSES

No side shields

Stock OEM engine parts for ag tractors. This means no marine or truck manifolds, no altered manifolds.

No electric water or fuel pumps

Farm tractors MUST have water pump, fan, and coolant in stock location and must operating.

May have several feed grinders and a couple loads of corn to grind instead of dyno on grounds. I

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 23, 2015 10:49AM
I can see a badgerland sanity antique tractors geting check and mine allis its 55 hp sent i clean house in boscobel two weeks ago

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 24, 2015 01:22AM
is this blacktop

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 24, 2015 03:09AM
Yes it is a blacktop hook.

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 24, 2015 10:55AM
We all know most tractors pull today not used on the farm might pull gavity box or hay wagon i beat most of 4020 class most are at 125 to 140 hp stock 95 to 100 make local class 5mph heavy farm and gives locals a chance come to wilton july 12 heavy farm local farmers have a blast 13000 and 15000 pounds must be off a farm if it smokes it does not belong in this class

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 24, 2015 12:42PM
Roger will you please just focus on something else right now

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 23, 2015 12:41AM
My farm stock 1566 is a dry block and solid head. Guess I didnt know that running dry was going to make more power. Please make sure these rules are posted clearly and are enforced accordingly. Since 99% of the competative running tractors in your area would not be able to run under those rules, I would hate to see a lot of good tractors make a wasted trip.

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 23, 2015 07:05AM
Is there a set payout or percentage for all the classes?

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 23, 2015 12:02PM
Payback is 100% per class no set payout

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 23, 2015 02:06AM
I agree with what neilsroom said 100%.
Im assuming It will be butlers sled so that means the sled will be pulling up on our hitch, so you could have 1,000 hp and still get your butt spaked

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 23, 2015 03:13AM
What farm stock tractor was ever produced and would come in off the field with a 466 engine and weigh in at 12,000 lbs? Truck cranks are ok, but in the spirit of competition, you have to pull off your 307 intakes because thats considered a modification. Really?

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 23, 2015 03:00AM
why is farm limited to 466? case 504 v8s 510 -640, minnies 504 -585 white hercules 490? or so,5010 ,5020,6030 531

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2015 03:01AM by Mark.

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 23, 2015 07:12AM
It's really nice to see your making these rules to keep one of the most dedicated pullers in the area in that class from pulling. That's pretty sad in my opinion. Maybe instead of coming up with these rules to keep him away you should talk to the individual and and raise you concerns as to his hp vs. yours.

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 23, 2015 09:04AM
A ported head, ported intake, custom cam, bigger injectors, pump work, and running the over bore kit on a 4010 is totally fine in this "stock" class. Makes total sense

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 23, 2015 11:51AM
So....? I hope you understand there are multiple tractors in this class that have everything you just listed off.

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 23, 2015 03:17PM
I believe in rules, and believe they should be followed. I dont understand the coolant rule, but it excludes me. I can live with that. Move on. The thing that gets me is the side shields being banned? I've never heared of being banned for excessive concern for safety. If my tractor had a seatbelt- would it have to be removed before I could hook just to prove that my tractor wasnt "overbuilt" for a farm stock class? Will clutch inspections be next years addition banning steel flywheels? I suppose helmets are allowed but only for competators between the ages of 14 and 16 that weigh less than 165 pounds. My examples are extreme, but I simply offer them to highlight the fact that guys are being excluded and villainized for overbuilding tractors in a motorsport competition. Make the rules whatever you feel is appropriate, but I think you are eliminating a lot of good tractors. If it is a pure stock pull that is desired, then great. I appreciate them too, but make sure that it is made well known that tractors will be meticulously teched. I just think the speed limit and stock appearing pump would be sufficient. No electric fuel supply pumps takes out every red tractor with a 13mm head.

some thoughts June 24, 2015 12:13AM
neilsroom
I believe in rules, and believe they should be followed. I dont understand the coolant rule, but it excludes me. I can live with that. Move on. The thing that gets me is the side shields being banned? I've never heared of being banned for excessive concern for safety. If my tractor had a seatbelt- would it have to be removed before I could hook just to prove that my tractor wasnt "overbuilt" for a farm stock class? Will clutch inspections be next years addition banning steel flywheels? I suppose helmets are allowed but only for competators between the ages of 14 and 16 that weigh less than 165 pounds. My examples are extreme, but I simply offer them to highlight the fact that guys are being excluded and villainized for overbuilding tractors in a motorsport competition. Make the rules whatever you feel is appropriate, but I think you are eliminating a lot of good tractors. If it is a pure stock pull that is desired, then great. I appreciate them too, but make sure that it is made well known that tractors will be meticulously teched. I just think the speed limit and stock appearing pump would be sufficient. No electric fuel supply pumps takes out every red tractor with a 13mm head.

All of you have made some good points. However are the side shields for safety or just to hide stuff. What are the side shields protecting you from if there is no fan? I think that if you farm with coolant in your tractors you probably should have it in if you are pulling in a "farm" class. I suppose the Duetz guys can be exempt on this.

Mark Ruff, maybe you should come up to a blacktop pull. The eliminator that most use around here some days can barley stop a 9500lb "farm" tractor. No use even hooking a big block to it.

There are classes for the "tractor" in question here. They are called "open" or Badgerland.

Matt, you run the eliminator at the pulls, not the rules at the pulls. I think more time should be spent on improving the sled to handle the bigger tractors and trucks that some towns would like to have. It's not about what you guys think pulling should be, but what the spectators want to see. Right now you guys are only good enough for a good antique show. The rest of us have just been supporting you hoping for improvements to come that haven't.

The last point here, the pen is mighteir than the sord. There is more than one way to take care of someone that pushes the rules to far. It's been done before and more than likely will be done again.

Re: some thoughts June 24, 2015 06:32AM
How much does this outlaw tractor win by each time? If it's constantly putting 20 feet on everyone, I can see the problem

Re: some thoughts June 24, 2015 08:12AM
I didn't even place first class and won by 6' I believe the second class. That's the only time most pullers for class have been to use as judge. The other tractor that has always had more power consistently wasn't even there. Week before pulled 3 times and never won.

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 24, 2015 02:29PM
The "Problem" old as pulling: What is stock in a farm class? There's been some good comments, Yes the problem should have been addressed in person with the tractor in question , not on here and obviosly if it was winning by 20 feet everytime it would be easier. Years ago a good class of tractors like this was wrecked by a couple over cubed tractors "too good" for the rest and everyone stayed home. So the best answer,, in my opinion, you can get away with modifications,,ie: the wrong engine -rearend combination,,,, if you are middle of the pack. In order for the class to survive it takes pullers who are willing to pull against the other.and whatever works is what it takes. Tractors too good for this group have been asked to pull for exhibition, in order to keep the group of regular guys coming and the class has been working extreemly well. Next answer: if you want to have a dominate tractor in any class, you better have similar equipment to the rest. If you are going to have a dominate tractor it better not have non-stock mods that no one else has, if it does there is going to be a problem. In this case the tractor has a decked block, a head full of epoxy, non-stock cam, a dry block and head., I personnally think , across the line in a stock farm class. Definately nothing against the operator, and I wish I could see it more myself before making an opinion, But it has to be up to the group involved, no one else. If tractors are going to start staying home because they feel they are not competative, because they don't have the same mods,,, Well , there's your problem

Re: Readstown Heritage Pull 2015 June 24, 2015 03:07PM
Sounds to me that this is a bunch of big babies that are looking to have a bunch of drama. These classes were almost gone because of the rules and regulations getting out of hand before, and things slipping through, and its finally built back up to a good sized group of tractors. ANY tractor can win ANY pull, there are numerous things it takes to win besides horsepower, especially on blacktop. When the rule list is only about 5 rules long, and none of them are enforced, a lot of things go by unnoticed until its too late. There are several other tractors in this class who win consistently and there is never any fuss. Usually the people pointing fingers are the biggest rule breakers of them all, and they point because they think someone else has to be cheating to beat them. Pulling for fun sure has gotten thrown out the window.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,640, Posts: 229,706, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520