Washing a fire suit June 15, 2015 11:54AM
I know it says you shouldnt wash a fire suit. But does anyone know if you can just throw it in the washer in cold water only and let it cycle some of the dirt off?

John Force protocol June 15, 2015 12:09PM
Or go with the John Force method.

Lots of clutch dust brings him good luck:-)

Re: John Force protocol June 15, 2015 03:43PM
Firefighters gear is the same way wash it in cold water mild detergent and let it air dry you will be fine with that or if you know someone in the fire service maybe you could get them to throw it in a depertmas gear extraction machine

Re: John Force protocol June 15, 2015 05:03PM
Why not just buy the home dry cleaning kit that can be done in the dryer?

Re: Washing a fire suit June 16, 2015 02:04AM
I find the best way to get the grease/dirt/smell out of the firesuit is to let it soak in cold soapy water (I use Woolite laundry detergent) for a few hours, then run it throught the wash in cold water. If there are any stains still there after soaking it, I use Simple Green to get them out.

Re: Washing a fire suit June 16, 2015 08:53AM
The same topic was brought up a couple of months ago...click on the link...good info...

[www.pulloff.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,956, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,039.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009