IH 1066 MCV cooler line block off. June 17, 2015 05:06AM
I know I've seen them somewhere for sale. I'm looking for the machined manifold or whatever you want to call it to remove the trans cooling lines the run from the MCV on a 1066 up to the radiator. Cannot find it for some reason now.
Thanks.

Re: IH 1066 MCV cooler line block off. June 17, 2015 05:16AM
Get an old set of steel lines from a boneyard. Cut the tubes off and leave about a quarter inch of tube on each circle. A roller from the IH shifting covers works great to splice the two circles together. I tig welded mine. Simply remove the two o-rings per bolt and assemble everything on the mcv valve while you tack it in place. Remove it to finish welding. Once it has cooled, reinstall o-rings and bolt it back on the valve. Tighten evenly so as not to break your welds. Need pics, text me. Neil Christensen 608-317-7321

Re: IH 1066 MCV cooler line block off. June 17, 2015 01:11PM
I just removed the spool and spring from the cooler bypass valve and plugged the line ports with -8 ORB plugs.

Re: IH 1066 MCV cooler line block off. August 15, 2015 12:04PM
There is apparently more than one way to eliminate the hydraulic cooler, and they will apparently all work, but I believe some ways are better than others based upon some study of the MCV cooler circuit. That said, I am only marginally knowledgeable on the subject, have no real experience, and present the following conjecture in hopes that those more knowledgeable than myself will give an informed opinion. In no particular order:

1) Plug the cooler ports at the MCV and remove the cooler bypass valve. This would seem to me to be the least desirable option, as (if I'm thinking right) it would result in very little if any pressure to the diff lube circuit. Flow that formerly returned from the cooler and went to the diff lube port would simply be dumped back into the sump through the empty bypass port.

2) Plug the cooler ports at the MVC, remove the cooler bypass valve, and plug the bypass port with a welsh plug. This would direct flow to the diff lube port instead of the sump, but without the bypass valve in place, could pressure in this circuit potentially become excessive?

3) Plug the cooler ports at the MCV and leave the bypass valve in place. The bypass valve would be bypassing all the time, but as long as it did not malfunction, correct pressure/flow would be maintained at the diff lube port. A broken spring or valve stuck open would result in the same scenario as option 1, valve stuck closed would result in the same scenario as option 2.

4) Connect the cooler ports at the MCV. Some extra work to do a nice job, but allows the circuit to function as designed.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520