Mackville, WI June 21, 2015 03:54AM
If anybody needs advice on how to drag out a pull with low numbers look up the guys from Mackville. That pull always seems to go downhill. If it flattens out for a year or two then it goes down again. All the good tractor classes BS has and they only have one smoking tractor class and even dropped the Limited Pro as the Silver Serries. I know tons of locals that don't even go anymore. I understand it is so the church can make money selling beer, but this intermission and dash for the cash. Come on. Why don't you get a Calcutta auction going and drag it out some more. If I wanted to go to a tractor pull and see everything but tractors I would go to a WTPA pull. Maybe Mackville should get the NTPA back.

Re: Mackville, WI June 21, 2015 06:36AM
I dont have a dog in this fight, but I did drive about three hours to get there from Southwest WI on saturday. I drove around the pits to find Mike Sandefur's trailer. Looked like trucks outnumbered tractors 2-1, so once I got my parts I turned around and headed for home. About 10 light supers there, and Gallitz had the limited pros there. Couldnt see hanging around any longer. Churnin Dirt will suffer the same losses if they keep promoting the pull with an emphasis on trucks.

Re: Mackville, WI June 21, 2015 09:00AM
Tractors are made for the field!. Leave pulling to the trucks!!! You don't see them towing down the highway.

Re: Mackville, WI June 21, 2015 10:13AM
It is a social event for locals and a fundraiser for the church. I live 25 miles north and came to see the Limited Prostock class. Diesel trucks were Ok, but for me everything else was not worth walking across the street. There used to be like 25 farmers from my area that would drive down. This year nobody wanted to go. They all asked me what the classes were so I told them. Most of them don't know what is what so they said what classes smoke. I told them LP and Pro Trucks. Then they said no thanks. It is what it is and I am sure they could care less what anybody thinks as long as they make money for the church. I will not drive down next year to see 9 tractors. They were 9 nice tractors, but they could not show how good they were because they track was way too dry Friday and still to dry Saturday. Those limited pros make crazy power when hooked to a track.

Re: Mackville, WI June 22, 2015 03:48AM
For truck fan2 tractors made for pulling- trucks for hauling take your new truck to the pull and see what happens in my opinion trucks suck all look the same goin down track

Re: Mackville, WI June 22, 2015 07:58AM
And tractors don't! Lmfao

Re: Mackville, WI June 21, 2015 09:48AM
I was at the pull Friday night, Im a local, and have familiarity or particpated with a pulling team at this event since Mackville first started having a pull. Bits and pieces over the years has seen different promotors in this event. Various classes, various numbers and so on. One thing I know is the cost of the event promotors wants is one of the reasons they have switched around over the past years. Inconsistant class turnout coupled with the extreme fees each different series sponser wants to hold the event have brought it where it is today. Bottom line this is to raise money for a church to fund its school and what it does for the local community.

**I have no stake in the game either way.

That being said I can say I was disappointed with how few "Smoker Tractor" classes where there. As someone who once was part of the Pro Stock in Badger State and WTPA I can tell you smoke classes are what the people in this area want to see. I heard NUMEROUS comments about how "Boring" the 4WD Alky Truck class was, 20 trucks, multiple resets of eliminator. They ran a LimPro class but was only 9 tractors, they ran a SS Alky class, if I recall 10-12 tractors, but that really doesnt interest as many as "Smoke" does especially when you have a night like Friday when only the Korth/Chisek machines really ran well. 2wd trucks, a Light MOD class, 3 tractors, Simon Sez blew a motor and still won, the other 2 ran but barely. They also has a ProStock 4WD Diesel truck class, well received and put on a great show.

In my mind a perfect night would include LimPro and or a Hot Farm/Super Farm, whatever they call it nowadays, DSS, 4WD diesel truck, Alky SS if numbers are allow, Light Mods or Unlimted Mod whichever can get at least 6 rigs in the event and then Semis to round it out.

Something for everyone, lots of smoke, plenty of noise in the Mods and some BIG HIGH Horsepower displays in Unlimited and Semis.

The dash for cash, hey its for the kids, whats the big deal? The show got rolling at 7 and finished around 10, not to bad but definatly agree the show has room for improvement. But I dont know what choices for classes they have or what options are available. But I am sure it comes to a price and they had to choose. But it was a full house, long lines for food, seats all full so it wasnt a flop either.

red712

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520