Best barrel valve for inline 6 alky SS June 27, 2015 07:36AM
Anyone have a part number or recommendation?

Re: Best barrel valve for inline 6 alky SS June 27, 2015 09:40AM
Call Bryon Conner

Re: Best barrel valve for inline 6 alky SS June 28, 2015 07:34AM
Just call Hilborn or good vibrations they have them in stock and they are all pretty much the same just don't get one for gas wont put enough fuel

Re: Best barrel valve for inline 6 alky SS June 28, 2015 07:50AM
But since you are unsure of what you need for sure its safer to call the guy that will know. Call Bryan Conner 660/292-4075 very good guy to deal with

Re: Best barrel valve for inline 6 alky SS June 28, 2015 01:29PM
Yes k backer is probably write Hillburn only invinted this stuff and don't know nothing about it they can send Brien one then he can add some taxes and then send it to you or call Good Vibrations 1 800 576 7661 and order part no E-423 that is the square one that 90 percent of everybody pulling since the 60s use and is easy to mount to a throttle body enderle sent that one to them but Hillborn has the exact same thing price is 274.00 your welcome

Re: Best barrel valve for inline 6 alky SS June 28, 2015 02:13PM
Yep yep yep Lewis you are so very right................ But then there is that getting things setup right. But thats easy enough and the guys at Hilborn will gladly talk to you all day to get you going. ........... Or Well not so much.

IF you think Bryan Conner is the only one in pulling be it diesel or alky thats buying parts from the manufacturer and selling them you would be dilusional .. Thats what Walmart is based on ..... just sayin.

Yes this guy didnt say he is brandnew to the game BUT it would seem so by his question.

I know when I was getting started I couldnt get ANYONE to answer any questions AND I WAS TRYING TO SPEND MONEY with them. (several well known alky builders)

I hadnt spent any money with Bryan and he was already helping me in the right direction with getting things done right. And yes since then I have spent some money with him. Would seem fair to me.

So with that being said IF he calls Bryan and may pay a bit more than Good Vibrations or Hilborn AND then gets some hands on help along the way , and answers to questions that might not even be related at a future junction I would say money well spent.

But " building" can go whichever way he wants. I was just offering info .................. same as you

Re: Best barrel valve for inline 6 alky SS June 28, 2015 02:38PM
If Hilborn don't have any one that knows any more than they did a few years ago the last time I talked to them, you might as well call me, I don't know much about injection, but made mine run and they couldn't. I agree Bryon knows how to make one run. MACK

Re: Best barrel valve for inline 6 alky SS June 28, 2015 06:16PM
Called Hilborn a year ago, ask some questions, bought some parts, they gave us a baseline to start with, and it worked. Took a little tuning but that's normal. They were very helpful to us. Talked to them about a month ago and were very helpful again.

Re: Best barrel valve for inline 6 alky SS June 29, 2015 10:18AM
Bryon is good especially if you don't have a clew but the barrel valve is the simplest piece of the system and a piece of cake to set and don't do much more than help you drive around in the pits

Re: Best barrel valve for inline 6 alky SS July 01, 2015 08:59AM
I don't know who Lewis is but he seems to know a lot about me, the barrel valve I use on all of my setups I sell for $128, the same as Hilborn sells it for...not ,repeat NOT $274........In stock.
PS Thanks Keith Backer for the kind words!
Bryan Conner
Conner Fuel Systems

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2015 09:09AM by bconner.

here is my issue June 30, 2015 03:13AM
My barrel valve is at 15% leak down (I know everyone else is at 25-30%), my idle nozzles are .038, the #8 bypass has a .250 pill and no shims. The boost sensors have an .040 and .055 pill in them. When I start the tractor and put it in gear it loads up on fuel and dies. If I pull the fuel shut off out abou 1/4 of the way I can drive it around no problem. (Back to the sled and the like) the only piece I haven't replaced in the system are the barrel valve and the pumps. Running 2 Hilborn pg175 #4s at 3/4 crank speed to keep the pressure up on them. With those settings there is no reason it should be flooding but it is. Ignition timing is 24deg advanced. Spark plug gap is .012 running an MSD 8 ignition. So now that you know the rest of the story, any suggestions?

Re: here is my issue June 30, 2015 03:23AM
Some leak down gauges read backwards, your 15% may really be 85%. Also check your p valves for leakage, lap them to seal. Barrel valves have different spools, gas, alky, nitro, etc for different flow rates, maybe you have the wrong spool. Check that it is phased correctly, that as you open it it is opening and not rotated 180* and actually closing. What is your idle fuel pressure?

Re: here is my issue June 30, 2015 04:09AM
3/4 on the pump speed sounds high to me I am around 1/2. Easier on pump. Go bigger pump and slow it down. Do you know the gpm of that pump? How many ci is the motor and what have you got for turbos? The rest sounds in the range. If you are at a 250 bypass you are pushing in alot of fuel.

Re: here is my issue June 30, 2015 09:35AM
38s are a big nozel to idle on 30s should be a plenty for up to around 500 cubes and you can try taking the 250 pill out of your no 8 bypass and set your bypass on 8 to 10 pounds try that and play around with it if need be.And don't wory about your leak down.A simple way to adjust the barrel valve is set the linkages to idle adjust the linkage to were its hard to blow through the barrel valve with your mouth put the fuel line back on start the tractor and adjust the fuel more or less until the engine sounds the way you want it if it dies when you shove the throttle forward give it more fuel and like marty said make sure your not getting fuel from your other stages

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,707, Posts: 229,810, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro