safety blanket June 28, 2015 06:45AM
what is the easiest and best way to cut round holes in a tractor safety blanket?

Re: safety blanket June 28, 2015 07:57AM
Pilot a small hole (1/8" - 3/16") in the center of where you want your hole, then use a hole saw (what ever size you need) with a drill bit for pilot just like you would normally do, except run it in REVERSE. This worked very well for me. You will still need to heat a rod or pipe close to the size of the hole and burn around the edge to seal the layers back together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2015 07:59AM by FarmersFun.

Re: safety blanket June 28, 2015 12:23PM
I've also heard of guys taking a piece of pipe whatever size you may need and getting the pipe hot with a torch and melting through it.

Re: safety blanket June 28, 2015 12:50PM
Yup, that also works, but is REALLY stinky, will make your eyes water and take your breath away!!! Have good ventilation if you go down that road!!

Re: safety blanket June 29, 2015 01:44AM
I used leather punch tools, basically different diameter hole punches. Cuts a nice clean hole, then sear the edges shut with a torch.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009