What happened in Nebraska? June 28, 2015 01:29PM
So what happened at the big pull in Nebraska,,someone ran thru the pits and killed a bunch of people?

Re: What happened in Nebraska? June 28, 2015 01:43PM
What town?

Re: What happened in Nebraska? June 28, 2015 02:04PM
Boelus is a small town in central Nebraska. Talked to a puller who was there and he told me a blown mini rod hooked up and sled had a total malfunction. Driver shut down at about 150-200 but was already going too fast. Pits were past end of track and tractor and sled went flying into pits. Driver did his best to avoid people and vehicles but sled hit several people and a gator pull vehicle. Finally stopped when sled hit a pickup. Sled never put on brakes or dropped pan. Five people were injured and two of the five were seriously injured. The puller I talked to serves on our local ambulance was helping until ambulances and medical people arrived. Bad situation for everyone. Driver of mini was not hurt but was an emotional wreck after the accident. He did the best he could do but he will have a lot to deal with. Keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers.

Re: What happened in Nebraska? June 28, 2015 01:54PM
Not sure about a shooting but there was an accident at a pull today.Accident

Re: What happened in Nebraska? June 29, 2015 06:25AM
I was there.. Its exactly what Smoke said,, Keep your thoughts and prayers headed to all that need it..

Re: What happened in Nebraska? June 29, 2015 04:30PM
From what I'm hearing sounds like a sled that had no business hooking a blown mini rod.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2015 04:30PM by farmall puller.

Re: What happened in Nebraska? June 30, 2015 12:00AM
Well russell it sounds to me like you are assuming. When you do that it makes an ass u me . I know the sled, It is the outlaw hotrods sled, they pull blown minis all the time it stops them fine. They were advertising for a new sled operator this spring and it may have been a case of panic set in when this happened. Don't know for sure just another assumption. I have ran a sled before and had a failure, and after its over you second guess a lot of things. Pit area should not have been at the end of the track and people should not be allowed to stand there either. Plan for the unexpected.

Re: What happened in Nebraska? June 30, 2015 12:22AM
Well sdangus I'm glad that you know who I am and I did not assume anything. I talked to a fellow that was there and seen it all happen. Yes the sled comment is my opionon and I'll stand by it. I pray that everyone injured recovers with no issues.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2015 12:32AM by farmall puller.

Re: What happened in Nebraska? June 30, 2015 01:10AM
Given that the imaginary friend you're likely praying to was either unable to stop the sled malfunction, or didn't care to - OR was unable to steer the tractor/sled combo somewhere besides into the crowd, or didn't care to, what makes you think that incompetent idiot is going to suddenly care about the healing process?

Re: What happened in Nebraska? June 30, 2015 01:49AM
I would expect nothing less of a comment from someone that is happy he can finally marry his boyfriend.

Re: What happened in Nebraska? June 30, 2015 03:21AM
sdangus
Well russell it sounds to me like you are assuming. When you do that it makes an ass u me . I know the sled, It is the outlaw hotrods sled, they pull blown minis all the time it stops them fine. They were advertising for a new sled operator this spring and it may have been a case of panic set in when this happened. Don't know for sure just another assumption. I have ran a sled before and had a failure, and after its over you second guess a lot of things. Pit area should not have been at the end of the track and people should not be allowed to stand there either. Plan for the unexpected.

So let me get this straight.
You jump on a guy and rip him apart saying he assumed something. But then later on in your reply, you say "They were advertising for a new sled operator this spring and it may have been a case of panic set in when this happened. Don't know for sure just another assumption."
So you rip on a guy for making an assumption, but then you assume something later on in your reply?
Sounds like another case of Open Mouth, Insert Foot.

Re: What happened in Nebraska? June 30, 2015 05:56AM
This sled he no business hooking Grand National type tractors. Especially after seeing that the box drove off a a chain on the side of the axle. With looks to be a number 60 chain at best. That is weirdest way I've ever seen a sled work. A lot of abuse goes through that area and needs to be something a lot heavier than a light duty chain.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,705, Posts: 229,807, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro