wet clutch/syncro trans shift issue July 27, 2015 04:05AM
It seems there are only a hand full of people that have good knowledge of the modified wet clutch......I'm certainly not one of them......here's my issue.....i have new 4 disc wet clutch setup with a syncro......prior to my first pull I adjusted the linkage and had the tractor shifting like it was brand new.......at the end of the first pull I couldn't even get the tractor in reverse to back out of the holes and could barely get in gear to load it on the trailer........once home I rechecked all my linkage and it seemed to be where it should be.........a few days later tried tractor again and it shifted like new again.....after a few minutes of driving and gear changes it went to hell again...........when it does this.....i have to grind,force, and tug into gear.......what's goin on here?........also noticed a fair amount of grinding and chatter noises with the tractor in park or with the clutch pressed.

Re: wet clutch/syncro trans shift issue July 29, 2015 01:24AM
Any one????

Re: wet clutch/syncro trans shift issue July 29, 2015 04:54AM
As I have posted on here before about this problem. We have been where you are at. You won't want to hear this, but it works and works very well. Spend the money and go with DRY clutch. We were fighting it for 2 years. Now there are no issues. Work perfect.

Re: wet clutch/syncro trans shift issue July 29, 2015 10:59AM
Question for yanmar55-what do you have to do to switch from a wet to dry clutch?

Re: wet clutch/syncro trans shift issue July 30, 2015 01:03AM
I don't know what size tractor you have but we had 4430. Got clutch housing from 4020 or 4320, will bolt up to your transmission. Then use dry clutch. Also use clutch linkage that is in dry clutch housing. What tractor are you working with and HP, What class do you want to pull?

Re: wet clutch/syncro trans shift issue July 30, 2015 02:02AM
yanmar55---- Ihave a 4430 that I just put a new all steel wet clutch into. Changing clutch housing isn't an option for me right now. I'm running about 500 hp and will be pulling in out of field and occasionally king of the hill- no speed or rpm limit. I have a quad range.

Re: wet clutch/syncro trans shift issue July 30, 2015 12:05PM
GOOD LUCK , smokenjoe, Wish I had more answers for you, but I done. We even have a custom 5 disk 6 finger wet clutch built, it didn't work either. Was guarantied to work. So took it back and exchanged it for new dry clutch.

Re: wet clutch/syncro trans shift issue July 29, 2015 05:53AM
Joe, Obviously clutch is dragging when you are having troubles. Drag being intermittent makes me suspect it may be lube/cooling oil drag verses actual clutch plate warpage. Knowing it seem to occur when warm, I suspect you are getting clutch cooling oil in clutch when you do want it. Clutch system/circuitry has a lube reduction valve that shuts off cooling/lube oil when clutch is released. If you are using the welded PTO hub to traction hub method, How or did you modify this function to keep PTO clutch control oil pressure from activating this function? This area does require a modification. DW

Re: wet clutch/syncro trans shift issue July 30, 2015 01:24AM
thanks for the reply guys....wtw my biggest problem is I bought the tractor with this clutch setup already done so I really don't know how they modified the valving........at first I couldn't even get the tractor in gear and here the linkage was way out of adjustment........adjusted it and it shifted like brand new until at the end of the first hook......then all this started.......is the chatter and sounds normal when its in park or with the clutch pushed in?.......yanmar55 ...I hear and agree with what your saying but that's major surgery.....i was hopeing to make it through the rest of this season and make changs like that in the winter along with a 3spd trans

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason