Langford pull August 03, 2015 04:22AM
Could not go to the pull in Langford, how was the pull, many LLSS where there

Re: Langford pull August 03, 2015 06:20AM
About 20. Would have been a good class if it hadn't held up the ESP show for two hours.

Langford NY pull issue? August 03, 2015 09:24AM
Was there a bad ride there?

Re: Langford NY pull issue? August 03, 2015 11:03AM
Yes, one of the llss got out of shape bad. Knocked driver unconscious, emts got him awake and off the tractor. Moved by ambulance and Mercy Flighted off the grounds.

Re: Langford NY pull issue? August 03, 2015 01:20PM
Well does anyone no who it was for a pull that's been in the makings all year results and things have been kept quit

Re: Langford NY pull issue? August 03, 2015 02:10PM
[www.facebook.com]

poke here

Re: Langford NY pull issue? August 04, 2015 02:51AM
[www.wnypropullingseries.com]

Scroll down to the LLSS class and look under Langford. You will see it. The top 5 tractors where from 5 states. Pretty good in my book.Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Re: Langford pull August 04, 2015 09:02AM
We were at the Langford pull this past weekend. We want to send special thanks to the Volunteer Fire Department for their hard work. It takes a lot of dedication and a lot of people to put a pull on this large---and do it since 1946!! That's 69 years of tractor pulling. This one must be the oldest in the county. It seems they have gotten it right, because it was great. The grounds covered 40 acres, and was full of campers and pullers/haulers. This small town does not even have a stop light, but easily had over 8000 people in attendance. On Saturday night the country music show by Ty Herndon, Jamie O'Neal and Andy Griggs started at 6:00 PM and played till midnight. The pull Sunday started at noon and ran until midnight, featuring top of the line equipment. Pullers in the LLSS had no gate fee or entry fee.

We pulled in the LLSS class that was sanctioned by Western New York Pro Pulling Series. Mark Gabel and Ed Shoobridge and several others from WNYPP put in several hours to make this class part of the Langford pull. There were 18 tractors in the class and the pay out was $6,250. All of the tractors made a competitive run with seven at 300 feet or better.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Steve Peglow, his family and his "pulling family" as he recovers from a really hard ride. He was airlifted from the grounds after being treated by EMT's and track personnel. It took an hour to carefully stabilize him and remove him from the tractor. I understand he is recovering from a concussion, and some broken bones.

We were treated by all pullers and promoters wonderfully. We come home with more money than we left with, and we want to thank all involved for allowing us to be a part of this tradition.

Larry & Donna Wright

Re: Langford pull August 04, 2015 10:09AM
I agree with everything the Wright's said.

And they were the LLSS winner with the "American Beauty" Case diesel with a phenomenal hook.
Congratulations Larry and Donna. It also was great to visit with each of you, too.

I trust that Mr. Peglow will recuperate and heal properly in due time.

In my on going quest to discover where the oldest known tractor pull is, it is now Langford, in my search.

It was awesome to have spent some time with Dan Meyer (who is a great announcer) talking about some "Legends" items and then from the announcer's stand to take a series of photos encompassing the full 360 degrees. An interesting site.

My Langford photos will make it to my website along with a few other events that need to be uploaded, too.

Thank you to the committe and all involved for all their hard work and dedication to continue to stage such a quality pull. Thanks to the pullers from the early days of my pulling career that came up to see me or I saw them in the pits, as i enjoyed each of these visits.

It was a very enjoyable long day of action packed pulling.

Re: Langford pull August 04, 2015 10:05AM
Langford was a great pull as always! I have never seen so many good tractors or people in 20 years. LLSS class was awesome with a great variety of tractors from many different areas. Its nice to see the local pullers but really cool to see how the local tractors compete with the other area of the country. The LLSS tractors are a pretty rowdy. The track had a hard spot about 125ft and the tractors in 1st session got loose but then grabbed the track hard causing quite a few to get squirrely. I would love to see the LLSS National circuit come through WNY again next year, the class is growing every year.

Re: Langford pull August 04, 2015 02:21PM
On behalf of the Langford- New Oregon Volunteer Fire Department we want to Thank all the Pullers and Fans who came out to our Event this Weekend. We are blessed to have a such a great group of volunteers to make this event happen each year on the first Sunday in August (and the Saturday before), it means a lot to us that the hard work is recognized. Our goal is to provide the Fans with a show that they can see no where else, in a nice facility with a fun, affordable atmosphere. Of course we could not do it with the Pullers to put on the show. We appreciate all the competitors who come out and play in our little town and strive to keep Langford on the list of places that pullers want to pull at. Thank You All. See you on August 6 & 7, 2016

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason