Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 01:45PM
I know that everyone in the sport of pulling isn't necessarily a good person, but I'm sure most of you will agree that most are. Myself, I'm the kind of guy who likes to trust people. I give everyone their chance to prove who they really are. Well one thing I've learned is that when buying things online in a situation where you may never meet the seller don't give them enough rope that they can hang you because if your not careful you might get strung up!!! I know that the majority of people out there selling pulling parts on the internet are good honest people, but unfortunately I've found one who is not. I bought a pump, set of lines, and injectors off a gentleman from Iowa, and to make a long story short, I put it on, it ran off, my motor is junk. I called the guy, told my story, he seemed sympathetic about it. He offered to see if he had any parts I could use to replace the broken ones, and he told me to send the pump back to him and he would personally take it down to the pump shop to have it checked out, and repaired. I was elated! Quite a bit of time passed so I called him up. He gave me the phone number of the pump builder. I called him, he told me the pump was junk. I called back the seller (it took me a few days to get him on the phone), I asked him for the money back I spent on the pump and injectors (both were in his possesion), not any shipping charges, and not any money for the ruined engine parts. He procceded to tell me that there is no warranty on pulling parts. I told him I understand that, if you don't want to refund me the money could you at least get the pump and the one injector tip fixed and send it back? He became agitated and insulted my knowledge of the product he sold me, my mechanical abilities, and the mechinical abilities of the people helping me on my tractor. It didn't take long for me to figure out that this guy doesn't do any of his own work, he just writes checks and drives. I could tell I knew way more about the mechanical make up of this pump than he did. He then told me that he wasn't going to pay to get the pump fixed, and that I need to stop calling him, but I digress. My point is I got screwed. I really don't want to get the law involved, but I will if I have to. I don't want to reveal this persons name because I'm giving him one last time to make it right with me. Am I the only guy this has ever happened to or are there other pullers out there who have had these experiences? Share your stories and comments please.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 02:01PM
Sorry to hear about your experience. But I do have a quick question. If you do involve the law or small claims, how does one prove the pump was good until it stuck, then trashed it when you started the tractor?

The reason I ask is I have seen new pumps even stick and like you said no "warranty" in pulling. But also fixing a plunger is different from a pump being junk.

Hope you get your issue resolved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2009 02:02PM by AV.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 02:10PM
I was told " the plunger was stuck" by the pump builder. As far as proof that it was a working pump when I got it, I had several people look at this pump before I put it on, and I had a person who had installed a few of these pumps help me put it on. Thanks for your comments.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 02:23PM
did you have your air kill or feul dump in place. this seller should give your money back for the parts he sold you but I never start a engine with a new or unfamilure fuel system with out the emergancey shutdowns in place. The engine damage is not his fault.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 02:33PM
That's why I'm not asking him for anthing more than a refund on the parts I purchased, or a repaired pump. The engine failure is only a result of the pump failure, not his responsibility, though he originally said he would help with engine parts and componets, I declined. I only want fixed or refunded what he sold me. Thanks for your comments.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 02:41PM
Or you can be a nice guy and send the product and never get a check for it!Watch who you sell to!!!Took him to court and won.Now it will cost lots more to get a lawer from his state and was still told by that lawyer I'm not gaurenteed my money.What is this world coming to with the court system?I know I was the stupid one that let them go without a check!Not no more!

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 07, 2009 03:53PM
bought a ih nose from a dude in missouri,sent a certified check last august,no nose yet.hope i can meet him face to face one dayAngry

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 02:26PM
Quote:

"As far as proof that it was a working pump when I got it, I had several people look at this pump before I put it on, and I had a person who had installed a few of these pumps help me put it on."

That statement makes it sound you knew the pump was good when you put it on. Meaning you got what you paid for, a working pump. Am I following that correctly?

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 02:35PM
No, it appeared to be a model 100 pump. Wether it worked or not wouldn't be able to be determined by me unless I installed it on my tractor. I was told by the seller it was a working unit.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 02:51PM
I must be missing somthing......... M 100???( Appeared to be) A rotary M 100 can be seen from 100 ft away. If it stuck a plunger and ran away on ya it had to of been a A or a P pump. M 100s will usually do nothing when the plunger seizes. It it ran away on ya. You might of had some dirt in the Hi pressure line and fed it right into the pump. If your pump installer says it appeared to be a M 100. He should of never had his hands on it in the first place. Very distinct differences in appearance.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 02:58PM
I know what a model 100 looks like. I knew the difference between a model 100, an A, and a P when I was 8 years old. The pump ran off and it siezed!!! That's what most likely caused it to quit running. I hope I don't have to list every detail to satisfy everyone. I'm not a greenhorn. I've been involved in tractor pulling for the past 15 years. (For the rest of you d-bags, I never claimed to be an expert either)

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 03:04PM
Well then what was it then. P7100?? P 14 what. Or was it a rotary?? 13mm 15mm what?? Was the return line plugged. That will make em run away on ya too, and seize the head up

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 03:08PM
Model 100 ROTARY. 13mm. No, the return line wasn't plugged.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 03:15PM
If it was junk when you got it. IT NEVER WOULD OF STARTED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You or your appeared to be a rotary pump guy put it together with dirty hands or somthing. A stuck plunger in a rotary will not pump fuel.. Concentrate on finding what you did wrong

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 03:19PM
a-men or dido or something

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 03:22PM
You aint lieing... LOL

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 06, 2009 01:12AM
THE STUCK PLUNGER IS WHAT STOPPED IT AFTER IT RAN OFF!!!!!!! YOU SEEM TO BE ONE OF THOSE GUYS WHO ACTS LIKE HE KNOWS MORE THAN HE REALLY KNOWS, A PROFFESOR OF SORTS. YOU SHOULD STOP POSTING THINGS THAT ANY WANNA BE IH OWNER ALREADY KNOWS! AS FAR AS HOW IT WAS PUT ON, IT WAS WITH CLEAN SURGICAL PRECISION. AS FAR AS THE MAN WHO HELPED ME INSTALL IT, HIS $HIT HAS MORE MECHANICAL TALENT THAN YOU COULD DREAM OF HAVING!! NOTHING WRONG OCCURED DURING THE INSTALLATION PROCESS!!!

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 06, 2009 03:08AM
I had a 13mm model 100 run away after getting it back from the shop and found out the fuel control rod from the govenor had come off. Also heard of the rod breaking on old school pumps where the rod is ground for clearance. The stuck plunger could be a result of, or happened after a control rod failure. Just my experience.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 06, 2009 02:51PM
Boy oh Boy,,,,, If I were you I would get an IT book and read up on it to start with. Then have your mechanic read it too. Then have your appeared to be a rotary pump guy read it. Then TRY TO BUILD A TRACTOR FOR FARMSTOCK. Don't go and smart off to me like that. You get so defensive to questions. Its like in your first post. You were giving the seller one last chance to come forward. Thinking that everyone on here would feel sorry for you. Then you start smarting off calling us dirt bags and ripping on the web site. I bought almost every pulling related part for my tractor off here. From Newyork to kentucky nebraska minnesota etc and never had an issue KNOCK ON WOOD. You are saying how many people you had over looking at it before you put it on. Why would you even bother if you know what you are doing. You talk like you are a pro. I do all of my work alone. That way I can concentrate on what is going on and not F up anything, by distraction etc. Hey I am sorry about your problem but don't get all bent out of shape on us trying to help you out by asking if you checked certain things and asking YOU questions on installation. It ISN"T ALWAYS THE SELLERS PROBLEM FOR FAILURE. And if you get one of those dishonest PUKES that sells you junk ya there is a few of them out there too. I agree take it to a shop and flow it before buying any pump used from anyone. I do... Good luck to ya.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 02:53PM
when you bought it?

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 02:59PM
6 runs on it.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 03:07PM
yup and he told you it was a good one to. Try looking in the mirror dude sometimes the person to blame is looken back athya!

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 06, 2009 02:35AM
From reading all of this. gas can sounds like he had no idea what he was doing, and he came on here looking for support, and didnt get any. Like go green said you should really look in the mirror, Your also not gaining any sympathy by calling people D-bags. how old are you 16?

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 02:55PM
Is there a way to prove it was bad when you got it and didn't just "go bad" when you fired it???

Just trying to help because if you do go through small claims you will have to prove that to a judge that knows jack sh** about tractor pulling let alone a stuck plunger and what causes it. And the defendant will have reasonable doubt on his side.

Very unfortunate situation and hate to hear a fellow puller run into this sort of thing. Best of luck.

At least anyone reading this situation that buys a used pump of any model now knows why to take it to a shop and run it first. Whatever the shop charges is cheap compared to the possible alternative.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 02:56PM
No! the engine failure is a result of not using any emergancy kill devices. Look , If I was spending x amount of $ to buy a pump off of goe blow so I could put it on my power plant = x amount of $ I would spend some xtra $ and have it checked by a pump shop.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 04, 2009 03:06PM
Not if you were reassured that it was a great running pump that only had 6 runs on it. Looking back I wish I would have sent it to a shop. If I EVER buy any more parts of that nature they WILL be checked out by a shop BEFORE they are installed. I no will no longer trust any sellers on this site or any other. Hind site... how bittersweet it is.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 05, 2009 02:26AM
Well it looks like you learned a valuable lesson. You pay a little extra buying new but it worth it in the long run 99% of the time. I've been there myself.
Good Luck

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 05, 2009 10:23AM
Based upon this thread I am guessing the person you bought this "pump" from has a 563 area code and the last name of McDxxxxxx. If it is then this is definitely not the first time this has happened. I have seen very similar postings with problems of getting bad parts or taking $$$ and not delivering the parts. The last time a similar posting occurred the persons name was actually posted on the internet. I think this person also had a visit from some European customers that didn't take too kindly to being ripped off either.

We can't have this sort of problem in our sport!

Good Luck!

Diesel Performance Specialties

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 06, 2009 01:16AM
No kidding BB Deere, a HARD lesson. Valuable, but HARD. You are 100% right!

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 06, 2009 04:21AM
Can,

Just curious did the guy say why he was selling this pump. It looks like you got screwed plain and simple. Its hard to say but there was probably something wrong with it when you got it. Who knows how long had it been sitting or it could have been contaminated before you even got it. Best thing to do when buying a used pump is tell the guy I'll meet you at the pump shop and put er on the stand before I shell out the cash . If he balks you know there's a problem. Did the head finally sieze after she ran away? You say the motor junked out , did you lose the block, rods and crank?

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 06, 2009 09:55AM
Shaun Mcdermott. Sent him a P-Pump told me that the body of the pump was no good! he told me he was going to get me a new pump from overseas 14mm. Called an called an called left messages with him would never call me back . Had to call him at work an get down right nasty with him. Sent him $4000 for the pump an he sent me a used POS! I got screwed too! Well I gess we all have to live an learn the hard way! I have talked to other people that he has done the same thing to. I gess trust is a hard thing to come by anymore.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 06, 2009 02:47PM
guys when it comes to used pumps it reminds me of something my momma used to tell me ("son buying a used injection pump is like a box of chocolates ya never know what your gona get"). What an smart women. Hey gas can! I could give you her # she has lots of good advice,like
1 no name calling
2 always, always, always, git your pump ckecked by a actul professional before attempting to operate
3 most sertanlly have all emergancy kill devices in place in case something goes wrong (really)
4 always know what your talking about before you open your pie hole (my personal favorite)

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 07, 2009 11:20AM
well i see my other post was deleted, thanks to Jake Morgan. thanks alot; you just can't mind your own business, again. i guess the truth is not allowed on this site. at least i have the truth on my side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 07, 2009 12:03PM
Here;s a hint to you. Maybe Jake didnt erase it. He made himself perfectly clear a couple days ago about using your name when calling out someone else on the board. You did just that and didn't use your name. It's Jake's rule, it's Jake's board. We have to abide by his rules. So, therefore what is put on this board IS his business.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 09, 2009 05:33AM
If your post got deleted you must be the guilty party involving the pump. I feel sorry for gas can. It seems as though he has a monster sized problemWinking

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 09, 2009 06:06PM
Maybe you should start pulling 2-cylinders?...

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 10, 2009 05:50PM
no sir, you are mistaken. my post got deleted because i stated the name of a guy who knowingly sold me a junk pump. i sympathize with gas can. i know exactly how he feels. most pullers are good guys to deal with, however there are a few crooks out there that should be exposed for what they truly are. would'nt you agree???

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 11, 2009 01:05AM
I agree, but as J R pointed out, this wonderful site, which by the way is a free service, is the property of Jake Morgan. And being as it is his property, he can do with it as he pleases. Jake lets us say just about anything we want on here. I think the least we can do is follow his rules. What if a builder made up a great story about how he was a puller and bought parts from a competitor and the parts were junk. If he makes up this story just to slander his competitors, and he is in no way a customer, then the issue could come back on Jake for letting that happen. Don’t get me wrong, if you honestly got screwed, put your name and phone number out there and call a spade a spade. Maybe the builder will even come forward and give their side of the story. Bottom line: If you got screwed by someone, it is your civic duty to call them out and warn others about a shady business. If you do not, you are almost as guilty as the screwer. But the rules are simple. Let us know who you are.

Thanks Jake for all you do to keep the sport rollin!

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 11, 2009 07:00AM
No, your post got deleted because YOU did not put your name on your post. Please by all means expose any crooks out there, but make sure you put you name on your post. In fact, if you know of a crooked business and you don't let people know you're not an innocent bystander, your an accomplice.

It never ceases to amaze me that people cannot follow a very simple rule… a rule that has been in place on this page for more than a decade. For all of you out there who are slooooooooooow learners – if you are going to speak in a negative manner about a business or individual you need to put you contact info on your post. Contact info is:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email
- Address

Any three (3) of the four (4) will suffice. I’m in such a good mood I’ll even make a small amendment to my policy… If you don’t want your info on the page please email me all your info and I’ll keep it in my email (just incase the business or builder needs to get in touch with you).

It’s simple – NO anonymous posts when it comes to speaking negatively about a business or individual.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 11, 2009 01:36PM
Hey jake just a question, if the person uses a registered name would they have to put there info out there or would it be available through you as the moderator. Not worried about me or any supplier, more curious than anything.

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 12, 2009 01:09AM
Jake and Dick Morgan are big ripoffs. They don't have a clue about pulling and the front page on this board needs changed. It is past the PPL North Carolina pull and it needs changed. If they weren't so busy spreading their filth and lies, they could have it done!
LMAO

bandit 496
Jim Webb
517-369-2001
Snoed Praree Lane
Branson, MI

Is this how it is supposed to be?????????? Just thought I would inject a little humor this morning. JW

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 12, 2009 07:23AM
LMAO!!!!!!!! Good one JW!

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 12, 2009 09:05AM
Lets play nice guys!! LOL

Re: Anyone gotten screwed buying parts on the internet?Angry May 08, 2009 04:33PM
Maybe you should start pulling 2-cylinders...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms