Indiana LLSS August 22, 2015 05:23AM
Is there anyone in the northern half of Indiana running a LLSS, and if so. What group are you running with?

Re: Indiana LLSS August 22, 2015 06:08AM
Ron Mitchell an the Thomas brothers from Indy run with bluegrass bunch

Re: Indiana LLSS August 24, 2015 12:59PM
Makes sense why the class doesn't exist with the great amount of feedback!

Re: Indiana LLSS August 25, 2015 01:50AM
It looks like to me like someone in Indiana needs to put this class in there organization soon. The LLSS has always been strong in Kentucky and Wisconsin and Tennessee. Now there is a bunch in Michigan and New York and Ohio is building as well. We have Indiana surrounded so it would be nice to fill in the gap.

Re: Indiana LLSS August 25, 2015 02:55AM
I have heard a couple of people talk about the fact that it would be nice to have the class in the IN and East Central IL area. But with no commitment from current or potential builds, it is hard for a sanctioning body to take up the class.

Does anyone know of any organizations in IN or IL that has entertained sanctioning the class?

Re: Indiana LLSS August 27, 2015 02:35AM
I have not but am strongly considering heading this direction with a small cubed hot farm I am currently running but struggle to do so if 4 hours is a close hook for us. I would say IPL would be the best option for an organization to add LLSS with their current strong following. But I have no idea if they would.

Re: Indiana LLSS August 27, 2015 02:49AM
If you guys try and get the class added in be smart about it. The rules in KY seem to work better then any. Keep the weight down (6000lbs) and it'll grow and be a great class like it is in KY, WI, MI

? for Oliver12v August 27, 2015 03:02AM
Are you currently running a tractor with IPL or working on a new build? Just wondering if you were in a position to talk to Richard or other members of their board about the class.

Re: Indiana LLSS August 27, 2015 05:09AM
Hey Kypuller, what's good for KY is not necessarily good for everyone. Have you noticed the northern areas that have this class prefer 6250, and at times 6500? It has to do with the dirt you pull on, we don't all have sand to work off of, some of us have good sticky clay and you will find the minimal moveable weight doesn't works so well then. Ask Larry Wright about soil/track conditions around the country, he has been north a bit this year.

Re: Indiana LLSS August 27, 2015 07:35AM
Bring some of those little rearend tractors down south & you'll leave the rearend on the track @ 6500lb. I've been all over the Midwest & I've never seen this "clay" you speak of. Get down in southern Ky & Tn & you'll find the kind of stuff they make gumbie & pokie out of. Classic case of just upping the weight instead of working on your junk.

Re: Indiana LLSS August 27, 2015 10:41AM
I was told if I come to Ky that I will have to pull at 6000 lbs. Which is fine.

Are you saying I could pull at 6500lbs???? I would not ask for that, I would be at 6000lbsBouncingGrinning

Re: Indiana LLSS August 27, 2015 08:14AM
Yes and Larry always comes home from up north with more cash than he took with him doesn't do that in ky

Re: Indiana LLSS August 27, 2015 12:11PM
Larry wright can't compete with the guys in ky no wonder he wants to go where there is 3 tractors an if you have a light class make it light! 6000 is enough an it does not have to do with the dirt you pull on?? If you know how to drive set your tractor up then you will do good

Re: Indiana LLSS August 30, 2015 12:59PM
There is no sand anywhere in the south that I'm aware of unless you go to the beach. around here we pull on red clay and as long as they're fixed right they take a ton of horsepower. i know of some northern trucks that got sold into the south and had to buy lower gears to run around here. the darker topsoil type tracks up north didn't take as much power.

Re: Indiana LLSS August 30, 2015 06:05PM
sand?!?
There is no sand anywhere in the south that I'm aware of unless you go to the beach. around here we pull on red clay and as long as they're fixed right they take a ton of horsepower.

KTPA's pull in Russell Springs is on a particularly sandy track...

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Indiana LLSS August 30, 2015 10:40PM
My point is those are very rare. I've seen some others that were on sand too but they're usually a result of dirt that's been hauled in like a horse arena or old ball field.

Re: Indiana LLSS August 27, 2015 04:13AM
big pull this week end in wisc fridaynight at monroe and saturday night up north expecting alot of LLSS

Re: Indiana LLSS August 27, 2015 05:35AM
No I currently run a hot farm with Michindoh. I do know a few people involved with IPL but haven't brought anything up with out more information on tractors in the area. We are surrounded by the class just curious on if it would ever go here.

Re: Indiana LLSS August 27, 2015 11:57PM
Several already here fron KY and TN,several more on their way,come on out and support John Anderson and his guys.

Re: Indiana LLSS August 30, 2015 12:45PM
I se on here all of the different weights used across the country why cant every one compromise if 6000 is to light and 6500 is to heavy whats wrong with the 6250 is ky the only one at 6000 if so they should stop the crying and step it up.And how come some of the KY diesels couldn't go to the cheese state

Re: Indiana LLSS August 30, 2015 01:54PM
don't meet their turbo rules. Ky has a 3.6 inlet for diesels

Re: Indiana LLSS August 30, 2015 04:51PM
LLSS Building
I se on here all of the different weights used across the country why cant every one compromise if 6000 is to light and 6500 is to heavy whats wrong with the 6250 is ky the only one at 6000 if so they should stop the crying and step it up.And how come some of the KY diesels couldn't go to the cheese state

Why is 6000 too light for a llss? Maybe some of the other states should step it up and learn how to drive like the guys from KY have!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,925, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,021.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM