ford clutch May 04, 2009 02:30PM
I,m installing a 474 ford truck motor in ford 8000 what for clutch do I use? {hot farm, maybe farmstock, non sfi} can I get by with a single disc for awhile? will truck clutch fit? thanks

Re: ford clutch May 05, 2009 03:44PM
I think a truck clutch is to big Ithink they are almost I think 17 inches or close to that gona have to stick with a genny clutch . if you are running 3000 rpms and stay kinda light a single will work . but if you go open rpms I think it will slip . call Rursch,309-795-1502 , and buy some stiff springs for your pressure plate and put them in .around $100. for good springs .Ive got 3800ft lbs springs in mine but Im running a two disc .

Re: ford clutch May 08, 2009 02:53PM
what genesis clutch should I use 474 in 8000 ford {3000rpm,10000lbs,farmstock} ?want to use steel flywheel with single disc this year upgrade to 2 or 3 disc next year. thanks ideas always welcome

Re: ford clutch May 08, 2009 11:10PM
your asking what stock genesis clutch to use but you want to use a steel flywheel............ Y don't you just buy the 2 disc clutch with a steel flywheel NOW!!!!!!!! Most all of the questions yer asking just don't make sense.

Here is my question to you how do you plan to fit the 474 into the cast front end will the axle still pivot and how many bolts holes will you use up front and in the back ???? what oil pan will you use?? Confused

Re: ford clutch May 09, 2009 01:18PM
How about...4 holes in the front and 4 holes in the back. Stamped oil pan, would have to change the pick up alittle.

Re: ford clutch May 09, 2009 03:59PM
oh really? it fits that easily?????? 4 holes in the front???change the pickup tibe a little? Guess I have rare tractors that don't fit that easily!!

Re: ford clutch May 10, 2009 03:07AM
i have the factory frnt that has the one hole ground out dont remember what pan and pump we used to run
went back to the gen motor alot easier

Re: ford clutch May 10, 2009 03:32PM
sorry for being pain in ass with dumb ? Building first tractor wasn't sure what motor and parts to use all you blue pullers been great help! thank you I.m going to try to install a 474 in 8000, 456,s are easier to install also alot more money. From what I.ve found out all but 1 maybe 2 of the rear bolts will fit. clutch ? what stock clutch will work til I upgrade to steel flywheel and 2 or 3 disc{next year} . Front bolts ???? going to see when I get there , maybe 3- 4 inch spacer between motor and front end, maybe different frame rails with hyd steering 6000 axle? Want to run a simms or a-pump with 3lm with bigger intake wheel 3000 rpm.. think I will be able to pull in high 6th, 7th would be great , stock clutch probality won,t take it. thanks again sorry for being pain your imput greatly welcome

Re: ford clutch May 11, 2009 04:47AM
Dont worry about what the other guys on here say at least you are learning to do it yourself . I know most people have it done for them and it is that easy to just write a check and say "I put it together" trust me I know what kind of problems you can run in to I do all my own work and sometimes you come up against a wall ... well you just got to keep trying to get over it , so dont let anyone try to make you feel dumb . I always say your the dumb one if you dont ask questions .

Re: ford clutch May 12, 2009 11:35AM
it's not that he asks questions. he asked the same ones over and over and over I ask a lot of questions. He has gotten good answers from lots of people but is not taking any advice. BUY A NEW 2 DISC CLUTCH NOW IF WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER!!!!!!!

Re: ford clutch May 12, 2009 03:08PM
I,m always listen . Wasn,t sure which way to build tractor with limited budget and didn,t want to build one way then have to redo down road later, all advice very helpful. thank you very much. where should I get a steel flywheel & 2 disc clutch from,474 in 8000, how should I install front end, spacers or build new front end.

Re: ford clutch May 12, 2009 11:43PM
Atlas Tractor 763-780-9548Thumbs Up

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,776, Posts: 229,946, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,032.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009