could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 12, 2015 11:10AM
should the PPL and NTPA start offering the LLSS class. When the NTPA started the Light PS class is really started to grow.

Re: could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 12, 2015 11:53AM
my opinion is NO

Re: could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 12, 2015 01:23PM
I think both organizations should offer it, but not at the national level. Unified rules for state and regional would be great.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 12, 2015 01:43PM
Mid south pullers do offer it in TN and they have a pretty good following.

Re: could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 13, 2015 03:07PM
ParkerFly
Mid south pullers do offer it in TN and they have a pretty good following.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this point. Out of five hooks this year, MSPA averaged five entries (5.4) per night. I'd love to see those numbers increase, though.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 14, 2015 01:59PM
Got rained out on Saturday Night but had 22 entries at Brandenburg with KTPA Saturday night.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 14, 2015 03:36PM
Eric bluegrass avg 15 per hook how many would have been there if bob didn't get rained out?

Re: could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 15, 2015 05:37AM
Run it regionally with the SCWTP rule set at 6250...or less...I like 6000#.

Maximum of 15 hooks, the class is already spread thin.

Just an observation, of course.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 15, 2015 07:26AM
Brian, I agree. See this a lot with new classes. A group has the latest class that everyone wants to see and it gets booked too often and "burns" the class down. No time for a puller to mow his own lawn much less maintain a performance vehicle.

Something else to keep in mind is how many associations pick up a class geographically. Look at Light Super in the Midwest. Between HSTPA, ITPA, IPA, ISP, etc, a light super competitor who isn't worried about points in a particular association can make a lot of hooks in a 100 mile radius and can leave a lot of pulls wanting for tractors. There are a lot LSS tractors in the area but you won't get them all in one place because of available options of where to pull.

I think this is good for a competitor to a certain extent. It gives them an option of where to pull and doesn't give a monopoly to one association for the class but I think it can hurt the class overall if association keep booking classes that may end up with 3 tractors any time it is booked. Promoters may begin to turn away from the class due to small numbers. It is a caveat that a sanctioning body should take into consideration as well.

I am a fan of the LLSS and would like to see it come to IN/IL area with someone like the IPL group. They have good IN and IL coverage and could make a nice "bridge" between WI, MI, IN & KY. Not saying that they are the only group in the area but if one of the groups like them in the area could pick it up (and only one based on my previous statements reasons), I think it would certainly bring out some new builds/new competitors in that area and help in establishing the class even more so.

I think the class can be a state level competing class that can be established nationally. If you look at the success of pulls like the North/South 300, Elizabethtown, Gordyville and the Southern Nationals, it can be seen that the class is popular with competitors and spectators alike.

Re: could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 16, 2015 02:14AM
I don't think that NTPA could be able to offer that class because right now at a regional level the best class is the Light Pro Stock class. But as far as PPL goes yeah I think that they could because that would be pretty close to the Light Super Stock but then again it would be class of variety. The only problem with that is that the LLSS class is more of a Southern class and I don't think that it would take off in the Midwest.

Re: could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 12, 2015 05:14PM
Any NTPA member state could offer the class.

Re: could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 13, 2015 04:35AM
They would prob mess a good thing up.

Re: could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 13, 2015 07:17AM
I agree with that statement

Re: could NTPA and PPL offer LLSS class September 13, 2015 10:11AM
Would like to disagree, but you are correct! Really good chance it would get screwed up.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009