Time between hooks??? September 20, 2015 01:56PM
Went to the ppl pull in wheatland over the weekend, and was shocked of the amount of time between hooks. Overall the pull was top notch with some fantastic iron there, but it just seemed there was an unneeded, sometimes over five minute lull between hooks. Whoes fault is this, and what can be done to speed things up?

Re: Time between hooks??? September 20, 2015 11:34PM
I get a bit frustrated at the length between pulls as well. Anything more than 2.5 minutes is unnecessary IMO. Exceptions of course are for broken pullers and antiques because at 2.5 minutes they are about halfway down the track. Smiling

Re: Time between hooks??? September 21, 2015 12:57AM
They take a lot more time when they are filming for TV...its not a pull its a production!!

Re: Time between hooks??? September 21, 2015 09:40PM
And one would guess said TV show wouldn't look too impressive if the paying fan in the stand decided to stay home in frustration? really no excuse for it! pay attention and be ready to pull on the track!

Re: Time between hooks??? September 22, 2015 05:42AM
I agree. I was the Wheatland pull this weekend too. But this year wasn't as bad as years in the past. There was one year that there was probably closer to 10-15 minutes between hooks. When the pull doesn't start until 7 5-15 minutes between hooks is crazy especially when they are wanting to get the pull over with before 1 o'clock in the morning. But like I said this year wasn't as bad as years in the past.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009