grand national light super picks ? May 09, 2009 03:48PM
who will be the top three this year and who will win it all ?

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 09, 2009 03:55PM
Mark Piessig will be hard to knock off the top of the mountain. I would say the top three in no particular order will be Piessig, Kevin Lynn, and Larry Phillips.

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 09, 2009 03:58PM
what about blueblazes and armed and dangerous ?

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 10, 2009 01:14AM
You asked for his picks, not an introduction to start an argument! JW

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 10, 2009 01:57AM
Larry Phillips was strong all last year, and he will be even stronger this years. Theres a blue tractor out of Midsouth thats gonna knock the socks off of alot people and Mark Piessig will be right in there with them. My top 3 picks would be 1. Phillips, 2. Piessig, 3.Don Head

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 10, 2009 02:12AM
Yes i agree with you 100%. That Hootman engine in Head's tractor will get the job done. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Grinning

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 10, 2009 06:06AM
1. Esdon Lehn 2. Mark Pessig 3. Larry Philips; those are my top three in no order. i would also include Chris Pichler in their and Kevin Lynn

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 10, 2009 07:03AM
Is Esdon even running for GN Points in the LSS class. I know he is gonna run DSS but didnt think he was running LSS if so he will definitly be the best shot the smokers have got. Also saw on the NTPA website that Wilhites are precommited. Its gonna get interesting with Blue Blazes back also need to watch Don Head and Heads Up with that midsouth power, alot of people are really gonna be shocked how strong that tractor really is.

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 10, 2009 07:49AM
I had forgot about Head precommitting. He had a couple of really good runs at Louisville. It is gonna be a really good year in Light Super Stock.

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 11, 2009 01:33AM
Hey Keith, I think you meant to spell it "Bowling Green".

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 11, 2009 06:59AM
yeah i meant Bowling Green. I was in a hurry.

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 10, 2009 08:45AM
what are your guys predictions for outlaw light super stock? i had hear ulmer's light super is comin out this year

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 10, 2009 09:32AM
I think this year in Outlaw LSS will be a great year. You can,t count out Bryan Bowles, Glen Frese, Atnips, and Steve Cowger has a Hard running diesel that will be running this year. I haven't seen Ulmers but it should be interesting. Hopefully we will have the Deutz out to stir the pot this year.

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 10, 2009 03:02PM
can you run lugs on your steel wheels in outlaws this year? whats the age limit on outlaw lite supers? is it still pre 1950?

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 11, 2009 03:24AM
Now, now, ease up a little on the Outlaw LS class. I think you will be pleasantly surprised to find some real light super tractors that are not supertiquers this year. There will probably still be quite a few Nebraska Bush fillers, but that is O.K. in my opinion. If they continue to give a little weight break to the Neb Bush tractors they don't look stupid.

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 11, 2009 04:42AM
Why feel sorry for the Bush guys? Big cubes and one big charger?

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 11, 2009 08:44AM
May we see a picture of your tractor Mr. Dumblop

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 11, 2009 09:23AM
Amen to that tractor fan!!!! Some Outlaw LSS are just as tough as the GN tractors just not component. It just gives the older tractors a chance to compete. It makes for a better show all the way around and you don't have to be rich to go pulling with us!!!

Re: not to pee in your wheaties,but... May 11, 2009 01:38PM
Derek Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Amen to that tractor fan!!!! Some Outlaw LSS are
> just as tough as the GN tractors just not
> component. It just gives the older tractors a
> chance to compete.

If you actually believe that, you must not attend many GN LSS hooks.

There isn't one Outlaws LSS tractor (with the possible exception of Ulmer if/when the bugs get worked out) that would be within 15 feet of Peissig, Wilhites, Phillips, etc if they didn't break.

Plus, there is a flaw in your logic. If, as you say, the Outlaw SS are just as tough as the GN tractors except not component, then why in heck not let components run in the Outlaw LSS class? According to you, they are equal, so if a puller wants to build one for safety or movable weight, why not let him?

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 11, 2009 11:04PM
Who said anything about feeling sorry for the Bush guys? I agree they are big cubes. The ones that run with the Outlaws can hold their own without a weight break, and with a couple hundred pounds extra they are towards the top, on the right track.

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 11, 2009 01:46PM
I would look for any one of the machines with a Crutchfield Motor to be a contender.

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 11, 2009 02:20PM
Why do the outlaws not allow updated pulling ?? Just wondering !!!

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 12, 2009 06:20AM
cause then roberts wouldnt be able to control the class

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 12, 2009 08:54AM
Curious if the deutz and Ulmer tractor will run at Diamond?

Re: grand national light super picks ? May 13, 2009 02:13AM
Speaking of Pepsi--do you see that the Obama administration is now going to tax soft drinks!!!!!! What the h%%% is next?? Government get out of my life. If we don't boot the incumbents out in 2010, the end is near. JW

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason