polishing wheels May 09, 2009 06:53PM
I have a set of midwest aluminum wheels that were painted before. what should i use to get paint off wheels and is there anybody that can polish them up?

Re: polishing wheels May 09, 2009 10:39PM
you could use a good quality paint remover that is approved for aluminum, Aircraft Spruce and Speciality company sells one said to be able to remove just about any type of paint ,epoxies included! You may still have to polish the first layer of aluminum off to get rid of all traces of paint colour , either way what ever you decide to do, it will be a lot of work! good luck!

Re: polishing wheels May 11, 2009 06:03AM
I can help you with your problem. I have a polishing machine that can sand the old paint off and then bring it back to a beautiful shine. Give me a call and i can tell you more. My number is 412-480-9307. We can polish just about any wheel, from a motorcycle, car/truck, semi, and pulling wheels.

Re: polishing wheels May 11, 2009 06:17AM
I have a set of four 16" x 7" eight bolt aluminum truck wheels that have been bead blasted. How much to polish and clear coat? I believe they are American Racing Outlaw II.

Re: polishing wheels May 11, 2009 03:01PM
Were are you located and do the tires have to be dismounted off the rims?

Re: polishing wheels May 12, 2009 12:21AM
We are located in Western PA, just about 10 miles off the PA Turnpike at New Stanton. If the wheels are off of a semi or a car/truck then No they don't have to be dismounted, however if you are talking about a pulling wheel then Yes. I can polish a TWD or FWD with wheel on but the screws would have to be out of the wheels and i have to be able to break the bead on the back side.

Re: polishing wheels May 12, 2009 01:08AM
What do you charge for 4 18x10 pickup wheels?

Re: polishing wheels May 12, 2009 04:34AM
Truck/Car wheels are $45 each. Semi Wheels are $70 for Rears and $60 for Fronts. If you bring wheels back within a year for another polish it is half price.

Re: polishing wheels May 12, 2009 02:02PM
I'll do them for ya.

I live at...

Just Kidding,Indiana
123 Insider Joke Lane
ZIP 16969

There's a couple of people that will get a good laugh at this!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009