ky light hot farm October 18, 2015 01:50PM
I watched the light hot farm class at Tompkinsville ky last night and was inpressed looks like its going to be a good class. I hope ktpa or bob takes the class if so I;m going to blow some smoke with them

Re: ky light hot farm October 18, 2015 02:29PM
What is there rules for the light hot farm in ky

Re: ky light hot farm October 18, 2015 02:50PM
6000lb Light Hot Farm

General Rules
1. Tractors in the class will represent models 1980 and older.
2. Limited to a box, bone-stock 3LM466 turbocharger, sealed at beginning of season, Must be the factory exhaust housing supplied with the turbo. "small" motors with small base exhaust will run with 3LM466 adapted to fit their exhaust manifold. All turbo inspections will be done by SKPP Parts for this class, 270-590-0020 or turbos can be supplied through SKPP.
3. Injection Pumps: Rotary and 10mm A pump allowed all CID combinations. P Pump allowed 399CID and below only. No electronic pumps allowed.
4. 480 CID maximum cid, 0% variance. No decubing allowed to meet spec.
5. 0-399cid, 3500rpm. 400-480cid, 3000rpm monitored by sensor (sensor part # isspro R8906). No splices in harness allowed from sensor point to plug at back of tractor. No data-loggers or computers
6. No water injection, no intercoolers or aftercoolers
7. OEM exhaust and intake manifolds only for engine series used. No recast heads No profab-style transmissions.
8. Diesel Fuel only; no pressurized power-adders (propane, nitrous, etc) of any kind allowed.
9. Front of tractor weights cannot measure beyond 13 feet of centerline of rear axle. All tractors must have front lifting device for towing
10. 18.4x38 tires maximum, any cut, radials allowed, 18.4r or metric equivalent. 460/85 R38 or 480/80 R38
11. Hitch can be no more than 20 inches in height, a minimum of 18 inches from centerline of rear axle.
12. No shifting up or down while in competition.
13. Drivers 14 years and older allowed. Any driver under 18 requires parental consent.
14. To encourage variety in class, Sheet metal/Rear end/transmission must be 1980 or older and match OEM. Engine can be in series with same OEM as Sheet metal/transmission/rear. (Examples of possible combinations: 5.9 Cummins with M5 Moline metal/UTS rear, 478 Hercules with 1800 rear/1950 sheet metal, Ford Commander sheet metal/5000 rear/Genesis engine, Allis 180 with 426, IH M rear/450 Sheetmetal/400 series engine) Numerous combinations possible!
15. No dataloggers allowed.

Safety Rules
1. SFI approved clutches, steel flywheels and scatter blankets required.
2. Tie bars required.
3. Helmets and Fire Suits required, must have a fire extinguisher on-board mounted for quick access.
4. Roll cages, minimum 2-bar assemblies, high-back seat with 5-point harness required.
5. Guillotine Air Shut-off required. On-board fuel shut-off must be accessible from strapped-in position.
6. Deadman throttle required.
7. Wide front ends only.
8. Wheelie bars required, with 4x4 pads that are no more than 10 inches off ground. Wheelie bars must be able to support weight of tractor independently.
9. No hanging weights can extend beyond rear tire. Tractor must 200lbs moveable weight.
10. Side shields required
11. (2) 3/8ths bolts fitted in a cross pattern on exhaust side required.
12. Fenders must extend above top of tire.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: ky light hot farm October 18, 2015 02:53PM
Glad you approve of the class Lewis, like the positive feedback and appreciate constructive criticism to make class better from anyone who has a comment or question.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: ky light hot farm October 18, 2015 02:59PM
Lewis, as you saw last night, we have 4 red ones running now, got an orange one, blue one, another red one, and two different shades of green being built that I know of right now. There is an invitation to run them indoors in January at IL. The tractors will definitely run indoors in February at Russellville, KY, additional indoor pulls are being discussed too. We are working with different ones to hopefully get the class picked up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2015 03:01PM by Richard Taylor.

Re: ky light hot farm October 19, 2015 01:06PM
sounds like a great class , any pulls n Ohio , i have an orange tractor would love 2 put a diesel n it , always been a mod puller

Re: ky light hot farm October 23, 2015 06:37PM
looks like you guys have a fun new class starting up. But i do have some construtive criticism ( as Bryan called it ) about 3 of the rules:

1. I think the class should be 7500 lbs. 6000 lbs is kinda light and it does get expinsive for some brands to get that light. Besides the 560 ih already has the LLSS
class to pull in at 6000 lbs

2. I like the low cube limits but here is the issue. The small blocks 399 ci and under need to be able to run water only injection for cooling purpouses.
If you take say a 5.9 L engine put a 12mm P-pump on it and spin it 3500 rpms with a 3lm charger its going to get very hot ( to hot to run again in a pulloff for sure )

3. the old sheet metal rule. i dont understand the purpose behind this i mean yes most tractors will use older engines and frames anyway but
why not be able to use the sheet metal off of your favorite tractor? It doesent give any performance advantage anyway.

not trying to start problems just pointing out some possibiltes to make the class bigger and easyier to build for

Re: ky light hot farm October 24, 2015 01:02AM
The weight shouldn't be a problem for any brand because you don't have to start out with a 1066 rear or a d21 allis or a 4440 jd the 560,d19,3010,and the old olivers can be bought cheap so there is no use in trying to get a 8600 ford down to 6000 when you can start with a 4000 instead the only thing I would like to se would be something extra for a 4cy or just say for something under 310 cubes like a inter cooler or some water just a little something extra because that's what I would like to try

Re: ky light hot farm October 24, 2015 11:27AM
Any videos of the class?

Re: ky light hot farm October 24, 2015 01:25PM
This class sounds great
just need any sheet metal instead of pre-1980

Re: ky light hot farm October 25, 2015 09:59AM
I agree on the sheet metal at least 81! If I would build one it be 3088!
I like the idea of a small tractor like the class says light hot farm.
It should be appear as a light class.

Re: ky light hot farm October 26, 2015 07:59AM
You all offer a legitimate thought about the sheetmetal rule, it's a guideline that does not offer competitive advantage in any sense. I'm sure we'll visit that thought the next time I talk with the other fellows. Thanks for the input and constructive thoughts, I am very optimistic about the the class and the interest it has generated.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: ky light hot farm October 26, 2015 09:21AM
I would like to see some videos of this class also. I hope to see this class migrate my direction.

Re: ky light hot farm October 26, 2015 09:47AM
Light Hot Farm Video Sample

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: ky light hot farm November 05, 2015 01:41PM
I think the sheet metal should be 1970 and older

Re: ky light hot farm November 05, 2015 11:26PM
Why?

Re: ky light hot farm November 06, 2015 03:59AM
red delight the rules are posted above in the message thread.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: ky light hot farm November 08, 2015 01:00AM
Bryan I want to print them and I don't know how to do that off of this page I was going to try to off of their website. Thanks, missed you at Springfield yesterday but your gal was on the job. Russell

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2015 01:00AM by RED DELIGHT.

Re: ky light hot farm November 05, 2015 04:18PM
How did you watch this pull? I've not been able to locate it.

Re: ky light hot farm November 05, 2015 11:40PM
Here are a few more pictures of the 6000 LH farm tractors running in KY. I know we have some color coming in 2016
We are discussing removing the 1980 rule, and let all sheet metal run. More information coming soon.

Re: ky light hot farm November 06, 2015 01:28AM
What web site do I need to go to to see and print the rules for this class. I don,t know what group it is. Thanks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,624, Posts: 229,684, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,897.

Our newest member JD_8520