Interstate DQ October 21, 2015 03:25AM
Anyone know the reason the Bad Investment tractor failed tech in the profarm class and was DQ'd on the last pull of the year? Always was a strong running tractor.

Re: Interstate DQ October 24, 2015 08:53PM
His slug/restrictor plate was not in accordance with interstate rules:

Turbocharger must have a restrictor plate 1/4 inch thick with a hole no larger than 2.8" in diameter to be measured 2" from the compressor wheel blade.

Re: Interstate DQ October 28, 2015 03:39AM
Just because the red guys figured something out u wanna imply they r cheating or maybe I am reading your post wrong ?

Re: Interstate DQ October 28, 2015 09:30PM
Do what? It has nothing to do with being a red tractor. Top 5 tractors were teched.

I don't think you quite comprehend...

He was DQ'd because of the distance of his slug was further than the 2" from the compressor wheel blade rule.

Re: Interstate DQ October 29, 2015 03:20PM
On another note does anyone from the class feel the need to get together like we have done the past few years for a meeting to discuss the future of the class? I have talked to a few and it seems to be a concern. What does everyone think?

Re: Interstate DQ October 29, 2015 11:12PM
It would be really nice to open the turbo rule up to 3x3 map ring with a stock cast intake wheel and no exhaust work. Would be a 1/4 of the cost of the turned down housings and slugged down turbos we run now. How does everyone feel about that. A box type turbo like gt42 either roller bearing or journal bearing? Thanks. Leave everything else the same.

Re: Interstate DQ October 30, 2015 11:35AM
I comprehend fine. My comment was about the cubic inch comment but the comment isn't on here no more. It just irritates me when u get some new tractors on top and right away they must be cheating. I understand on the DQ. How far was the spacer away anybody know ?

Re: Interstate DQ November 01, 2015 05:12PM
Yeah, unfortunately it's the second time that tractor has been DQ'd. Not twice in the same season, but it's happened twice during tech at an interstate hook.

I'll be honest, after moving to the Midwest and running a 3x3 and seeing what the Dragon Pro Farms have done with the 3x3, it's a win-win.

I've noticed the Dragon tractors are not bouncing by the look of the videos.

I'm sure a lot of people have spent money on making these 2.8's run, but the class would do themselves a world of good by going to a 3x3 box charger or some type of
3x3 rule. I think you'll have push back with a box charger. Someone is not going to want to have the same charger as everyone else, but the Outlaws do it, and I've never seen issues or arguments with chargers in the 2 years I have watched them.

Just my 2 cents...

Re: Interstate DQ November 02, 2015 01:47PM
Barnstorm; dragon tractors are running same chargers as the interstate tractors they just have a bigger plug. Not knocking your idea I'm just stating a fact.

Re: Interstate DQ November 02, 2015 06:58PM
Pulling you're spot on...I should have worded it a little better.

They do allow a slightly bigger compressor housing if I recall...maybe 1/4 inch bigger?

Re: Interstate DQ November 02, 2015 11:26PM
I pull with DMP in the pro farm class. To date there has been No drama, or anyone who been accused or caught cheating. Basically the same charger as y'all run,except 3 inch in and a slighty bigger exhaust . Why not match the two classes up, If I recall correctly at Orange this year, the competition was very stiff with DMP and interstate. Correct Clayton we have no bounce, seems like a simple solution to me. And all chargers come out of a box. Box rules are an argument waiting to start.

Re: Interstate DQ November 03, 2015 09:39PM
Billy, all chargers come out of a box! Then some are modified! LOL!

You think box chargers would cause a problem? What if they're all sealed like the Superfarm chargers are?

Would that cause a fuss you think?

I agree, the pull at Orange showed several interstate tractors running quite well against P pump tractors...Just run em together. 13MM A and P's...

Re: Interstate DQ November 04, 2015 01:10AM
The A pumps can hang with the P pump tractors USA east hot farm does the same thing runs both one with intercooler one without. Would be nice to see the clubs/organizations run the same rules or similar rules but heard that the interstate guys dont like new guys coming to play so they will never change the rules on the turbo.

Re: Interstate DQ November 04, 2015 01:21AM
A pumps will run with p3000 13mm and bigger. Recap this claimed a few wins in DMP pro farm class. Finished second in points to a class full of P Pumps. Also in DMP the 7800 light tractors are allowed P pumps. But the A pump still wins alot as well. As for the box charger, why not make a drama free rule. Make the two clubs comparable. All It really is 0.2" on the inlet and 0.25 on the exhaust

Re: Interstate DQ November 04, 2015 06:43PM
A--P, I'd say let both A and P pump tractors run the cooler. If you're sticking with a 13MM set up they're both right there.

It's got potential for some awesome pulling...no doubt about it...

Re: Interstate DQ November 05, 2015 09:38AM
Barnstormer yes it would be some good pulling. But don't see interstate going to the GT42 3x3.

Re: Interstate DQ October 30, 2015 01:45AM
That is a great idea but unfortunately most of the guys have spent a TON!!! Of money on turbos for this class with crazy turbo specs. I'm sure they're not gonna want to sit them on the bench for a cheap turbo that would have made sense for the class from the beginning. It is a awesome class to watch but you better have deep pockets if you wanna be upfront. Those guys put a lot of money and hard work into their tractors. What's wrong with a box 3x3 and lighten up the sled a little, your still only going 300'

Re: Interstate DQ October 30, 2015 05:00AM
Or have the box stock turbo as a option. If there high dollar ones are that great they shouldn't have an issue. It would be a great way to work a box stock turbo rule in. There high dollar turbos don't last forever. Everybody knows turbos don't last for ever or pull the slugs out and step up with the big dog superfarms if they think they are that tuff. Lol.

Re: Interstate DQ October 30, 2015 11:39AM
or better yet bolt a 4.3 and pull mod turbo !!!

Re: Interstate DQ November 01, 2015 11:22PM
Would be nice to see FPP and INTERSTATE tractors run together as they do with mod turbo and limited pro. If they would just get to the 3x3s both clubs could rub together and get more hooks across the state and pick up some new ones to the classes. Be cheaper then as stated above these turbos that are built big then shaved down to get within the measurements for the rules.

Re: Interstate DQ November 02, 2015 10:48AM
That would be a great idea for the boys out east. Put your double cuts on and a 3x3 and come pull with USA-East or PPL. There would be enough across the state to make for a very nice class. Rules allow you to go everywhere and less problems than your current "restrictor plate" pulling!

Re: Interstate DQ November 10, 2015 06:03PM
I see Ron Belknap has his tractor for sale on pull off. The reason for selling the tractor was "Owner selling due to change in class. "

What rule change did the Pro Farms implement?

Re: Interstate DQ November 11, 2015 02:39AM
change in class meaning they are changing classes

Re: Interstate DQ November 11, 2015 03:55AM
Wonder what class they would be going to? The ad said it would make a great pro-farm to limited-pro with any engine combo. Why wouldn't they use there own equipment over again and just switch classes?

Re: Interstate DQ November 11, 2015 01:19PM
Maybe it's not an ag based chassis class

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,795, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,949.

Our newest member CBeard