Help me choose my gearing for the new engine.... May 11, 2009 08:03AM
Well my first pull is coming up in mid June and the new engine is coming together.

I would like some good guesses on what kind of gear i can run with the new engine.
I dont want to get to the first pull and have her hit the rev or fall flat on its face.

The new engine will be in the 1200-1250hp range. (636ci)

My old engine was a 496ci with around 850hp. I was able to pull a final ratio of 23 to 1 on most tracks with this engine.

thanks

Re: Help me choose my gearing for the new engine.... May 11, 2009 10:23AM
WHAT TRANSMISSION AND WHAT TIRES?

Re: Help me choose my gearing for the new engine.... May 11, 2009 02:59PM
Using an auto trans. it runs in direct (3rd) its a modded T400 trans

Tires are Pitbulls

Re: Help me choose my gearing for the new engine.... May 12, 2009 05:13PM
A Dodge motor in a Dodge truck, who'd ever a thunk it! Depends on the track maybe bump it up to a 22-1, to start, it'll carry alot more wheelspeed than your little motor! You know what they say about free advice!

Re: Help me choose my gearing for the new engine.... May 12, 2009 11:03PM
Post your e-mail and I will talk to you through e-mail. Your 23 with your small motor doesn't add up. And an automatic in a natural is a waist!

Re: Help me choose my gearing for the new engine.... May 13, 2009 12:56PM
The real reason for the auto is our tracks are very wierd...... anything from a nice packed clay track to a nearly dirt track. The auto is very forgiving and has given us huge advantages over the once running clutchs.

My email is

douglas.cote@sympatico.ca

Free info comes at a cost Winking

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason