What kind of weights are these? October 30, 2015 01:46AM
Hello all, this is my first post, so please take it easy on me. I work for a scrap recycler and these weights recently came in for scrap. Any advice or any information on what they came off?
We would love to offer these for sale, but we would like some more information on them. I figured this would be a good place to start, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I'll attach a couple of pictures. Thanks in advance!

Re: What kind of weights are these? October 31, 2015 08:57AM
I do not recall seeing unique weights like this on pulling tractors, which date back to the late 1960's.
Please help us out with some specs: cast iron or steel, weight, O.D., thickness, what is the width at the bottom of the slot, handle dimensions.
To me, a weight appears as if it slid down over something solid and together as a unit, they were a stationary assembly, rather than a rotating mass.
The left weight partial holes are also intriguing, wondering what purpose they fulfill.

Re: What kind of weights are these? October 31, 2015 05:24PM
I agree,those are not tractor weights of any kind.all tractor weights are designed to be lifted/carried by one person comfortably,and to hang on a bracket of some kind,these would be the most awkward tractor weights made

Re: What kind of weights are these? November 01, 2015 01:58AM
Counter weights off of an old crane? If the gentleman gave us some indication as to what part of the country he is from, that would help a lot. Is it meritime related? Is he nowhere near the shore, but perhaps close to open ground mining. Help paint us a better picture! Raw scrap material doesnt generally travel great distances before the industry consumes it.

Re: What kind of weights are these? November 01, 2015 02:13AM
look like scrap iron

Re: What kind of weights are these? November 01, 2015 02:18AM
The only weights ive seen that resemble the ones posted are old scale weights from old platform scales. The pie shape notch is almost identical to the ones found on older fair banks morse weights for small shop/store style scales. These weights are stamped at 75 lbs. maybe a large industrial scale from the industrial era? I agree that they are not a weight designed for movement.

Re: What kind of weights are these? November 01, 2015 02:53AM
Scaffolding counter weights?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520