Modifieds, are they growing or dieing November 02, 2015 02:18AM
It seems like mods have really taken off the last few years, what does everyone else thing?

Re: Modifieds, are they growing or dieing November 03, 2015 06:02PM
Depends on what part of the country you live. Certain parts they are doing great and others are done. Mostly I think it has to do with the pay being they are so spendy to keep running but are payed the same as most other cheaper classes.

Re: Modifieds, are they growing or dieing November 04, 2015 02:10AM
Modifieds are all but dead at most county fairs in mid to southwestern Indiana. About anywhere from I-74 south to the river and the Illinois/Indiana state line east. Yes, there are HSTPA, PPL and NTPA pulls in these areas with modifieds, but not at most county fairs. Seems like all that most pulling fans want to see in this area is smokers and trucks. I'm not insulting the fans, that's just where the base seems to be. I tried off and on for several years to get a class of economy modifieds started in the southern half of Indiana, but had no luck.

Re: Modifieds, are they growing or dieing November 04, 2015 04:18AM
Up here, they is pretty much no where left for them to hook, 2010 the local association had 7 hooks for the season, 2015 only 2 hooks both at the same venue( 2 day event ) . The other classes in the same association are getting 10-14 hooks a season. The class is down to 5 tractors, and one is fore sale that i know of, so i would not be surprise if they end up dropping the class in the next 5 years. The neighboring association has had good growth in their econo-mod class over the last 5 years, i would not be surprise to see my local group adopt that econo-mods in place of the Mod tractors in the near future

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: Modifieds, are they growing or dieing November 04, 2015 08:36AM
Well the single engine modifieds (similar to economy hot rods) do well in northern Indiana, just not down here where I live. The area of Indiana that I live in (west central/southwestern) use to be a "Hot Bed" for modified tractors of all shapes and weight classes, but not anymore. I ran the modified we use to own at a local pull just to make a test run. The crowd went nuts when I made the pass and wanted me to make a second one. But when you try to schedule a class during a fair, they're not interested.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009