ARP or similiar bolts November 05, 2015 11:29AM
Looking at the ARP web site I don't find any thing tractor related. Does a person call them? Or what other fastener company should I look to? Thanks

Re: ARP or similiar bolts November 05, 2015 11:54AM
Extreme Studs

Re: ARP or similiar bolts November 06, 2015 03:22AM
if your going the extreme route a 12.9 spec factory bolt from holo-krome will by far be superior.

Re: ARP or similiar bolts November 06, 2015 05:54AM
If you get on Summit Racing's site they have ARP bolts you can serch by size. Might find them that way.

Re: ARP or similiar bolts November 06, 2015 11:50AM
You can call arp yourself

Re: ARP or similiar bolts November 06, 2015 03:30PM
You can call Specialty Fastener.
Very helpful.
www.specialty-fasteners.com
(626)969-6798

Re: ARP or similiar bolts November 11, 2015 06:20PM
Most of what I have purchased that specialty sells is not made by them. 12 point bolts come from Darling Bolt.

I've purchased 12 point nuts from there with ARP stamped right in them

All the products I've bought have different manufacturers markings on them. Any nut/bolt person can decipher these markings.

I had an issue with gold or zinc plated 12 point bolts from them. The heads popped right off. It appears if they were not baked after plating. This is a must to minimize hydrogen embrittlement. This process is well documented and not followed by Specialty. Roll your own dice.

Please note I was told by Specialty that they were the ones having the plating done. So it's not simply a resale of another's product.

Re: ARP or similiar bolts November 11, 2015 12:51AM
I would look in to other options other than ARP.....their quality has went out the window lately. Heard some rumors of bad heat treat processes etc. But I currently have a 500ci mopar motor with 15 passes on it that broke a ARP 2000 rod bolt destroyed the motor....block and all....another friend got a helicopter ride from a drag car that broke a ARP rod bolt and threw it through the oil pan around 200mph.....car barrel rolled 10 times before stopping........and most recently seen a jd ltd. Pro throw a rod and almost cut the stater in half and I have a funny feeling that maybe credited to a ARP bolt. There quality check process is 1 of every 600 fasteners get tested

Re: ARP or similiar bolts November 11, 2015 03:13AM
we have been disappointed as well ordered bolts went into hole ok had tear and galling on way out. while the threads were barley in spec that they no longer publish by the way, the thread crests were wavy with runout causing the issue and they didn't want to hear anything about it. I would really like to know if they are heat treating post heat treat like they say they are. also had bb checy rocker stud pop torqueing it up for first time ever faulity part.

Re: ARP or similiar bolts November 11, 2015 12:45PM
Atlas tractor has are bolts

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM