Head work vs turbo November 08, 2015 03:15AM
If a person can only afford one or the other which would help more currently running case 504 next to no head work and a journal bearing gt42 2.8x3 been told turbo would help more than head work jus looking for more opinions. Naturally would like too do both but can't afford it. Thx for input

Re: Head work vs turbo November 09, 2015 12:01PM
Go for the turbo more air and the heads got no choice but to swallow it

Re: Head work vs turbo November 11, 2015 10:42AM
I know nothing about Case heads, but if the heads aren't efficient enough to "swallow" the increased air, then what's the point of a better turbo?

Save up and do both!

Re: Head work vs turbo November 12, 2015 02:50AM
I agree, head work first. You can only force so much through a small opening. JW

Re: Head work vs turbo November 12, 2015 03:41AM
Air and Fuel !!! Air and Fuel Air and Fuel. Not Rocket Science. Buy the Turbo !!! Dont touch exhaust side of case head. Too big already. Nock the spiral staircase down on the intake side. Buy some head gaskets and do it yourself. Felpro. Better and cheaper than stock. If you dont have screw in injectors dont piss with pencil heads. I saw a set of 2290 heads on here for $600. Dont be afraid to turn some wrenches and HAVE FUN!!!!!

Re: Head work vs turbo November 12, 2015 12:32PM
One of the biggest mistakes made in a modest setup (under 300 HP} is too big of a head. Don't know what your goal is but go easy on the head work. KSG is right, too big on the exhaust side already.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro