recast A pumps November 13, 2015 09:34AM
should recast A pumps be allowed in the lim. pro / mod turbo class. with either usa east or ppp or interstate. should a girdle be allowed on any A pump as well. my opinion is no. any thought from any other logical puller ?

Re: recast A pumps November 13, 2015 09:42AM
A pumps in general other than in a stock class is a joke!!!
This is tractor pulling nothing is stock limit it to cubic inch and turbos tires and weight
The hot farm in full pull a-pump and an inner cooler p-pump no cooler
That is just a money pit for some pump builders in the east
Same with the limited pro just put a p-pump on everything about stock
And run it then you don't have to worry about billet pumps and it will be a little cheaper.
But that just my two cents.

Re: recast A pumps November 13, 2015 11:07AM
Two cents running one turbo in any class other than farm stock is another joke .let everybody run a P pump and three or four turbos get rid of all these other class Im with you all the way brother now your not alone being STUPID ps STUPID

Re: recast A pumps November 13, 2015 12:43PM
That is about the STUPIDIST thing i have heard ! You are talking about a certain class and you reply with lets run multiple turbos and a p pump ! The good A pumps are reliable and deliever a lot of fuel too. That is one thing that restricts the class and keeps it just that. If you want to run the same class with a P pump then that is the light pro stock class. Which is agreat , cool class, but that is what it is in its own classif you want to use a p pump tnen go run that class , don't try to change one class into another. That would be no differ than saying let a super farm run a 3 x 4 turbo instead of a 3 x 3. Sure you could do that but then it would not be that class anymore. Bottom line to many changes screws a class as a class that you can't change back. Look at the class number in the usa east super / pro combo class inthe last few years. They keep going down as regular repeat pullers as awhole. Keep the A pump rule as it is now. But that is just my two cents .

Re: recast A pumps November 13, 2015 01:00PM
Who is recasting an A pump? Truly not I heard. If they are they cant be any bigger than stock

Re: recast A pumps November 13, 2015 01:26PM
I guess I am out of the new technology loop .Can anyone tell me what is going on with a recast A pump . Our organization runs A pumps .

Re: recast A pumps November 13, 2015 02:07PM
Yes there are recast a-pumps running in interstate pullers. Fuel rack is offset and a lot faster injection!! Are they legal no not even close!! It says no recast or billet pumps. They need to be stopped before it ruins the class.

Re: recast A pumps November 13, 2015 02:20PM
Who's the pump maker? I can onestly say I've never seen one. Is the whole cam and everything shifted? I've seen some schieds with some stuff going on with delivery valves sitting high. But can't say I thought of anything wrong with them.

Re: recast A pumps November 14, 2015 03:29PM
Recast pumps are illegal with interstate and I don't know what the advantage would be anyhow. If you was to recast the pump unless you changed the length or width there would be no advantage that I can see, if you change the dimensions then it wouldn't be an a pump anymore. Now if you was to use a billet housing you could make it stronger, but I don't know of anyone splitting housings so why would you waste your money. Finally girdling the housing again I don't know what the advantage would be unless your splitting housings and if you are doing that you have found the limit of the pump and you should consider backing her back a bit. You full pull guys want to run p-pumps do it, you already are able to run recast heads why not finish it off and run p-pumps as well and have a full blown lite pro class. "A-pump guy"if you believe there are illegal recast pumps in interstate put your money up and they will be eliminated, changing the rack does not affect the delivery speed of the pump at most it would allow you to inject more fuel but it will not change the delivery speed, if you only want more fuel you can modify the plunger to do the same thing without touching the rack.

Re: recast A pumps November 16, 2015 01:52PM
So who makes the recast pump

Re: recast A pumps November 18, 2015 01:33PM
You apparently know less about pumps than I would have thought you do. I'm going on on a limb and say that somebody got their info a bit wrong and the rack is not what is offset. I can think of several improvements that could be made on a recast pump housing, both for longevity and to allow improved internal components.

Re: recast A pumps November 18, 2015 02:18PM
Haha, well I know enough to get by I guess. So who are you? I would love to pick your brain, sounds like you really have it all figured out. Billet and or Cast Housings are illegal in our neck of the woods so I guess it doesn't really matter does it?

Re: recast A pumps November 19, 2015 09:42AM
If anyone is interested I have a Bosch style A pump for sale. Built by Scheid Diesel . 850 CC max . Also have Bosch style injectors 4x20 single feed for sale

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,764, Posts: 229,930, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM