Stock Engine Reman Kit Preferance November 13, 2015 02:46PM
Concerning complete reman kits for STOCK farm use tractors, I'm looking for factual input on which kits have given quality service. I've been happy with Reliance parts but notice that Tisco sells for less $$. Thanks for the input.

Re: Stock Engine Reman Kit Preferance November 14, 2015 03:36AM
Tisco has gone to crap recently. Tom's Agri Diesel AKA Powermax Engines sell alot of parts for engine and i have yet to see one fail from a turely faulty part (correctly installed of course). I have used them in a couple engines myself and everything fit/performed the exact way it should. After that i would recommend going back to the OEM.

Re: Stock Engine Reman Kit Preferance November 14, 2015 04:28AM
I would also have to recommend Tom's Agridiesel as well. The powermax engine kits are quality parts. I have yet to receive anything lacking in quality from them and I have sold a lot of their kits. On the other hand I have gotten some shoddy TISCO kits, For instance, piston rings that will break when you are trying to put them on the pistons, and yes I am using actual piston ring installers and being very careful not to open the ring up anymore than it takes to get it over the piston, I have called Tisco on more than one occasion for this and they have no problem sending more piston rings though, so it seems like they are not arguing that there is a problem. Kind of like when you buy power tools from Harbor Freight and it breaks in a week, they have no problem refunding your money because they know their products aren't that good anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2015 11:46AM by FordPuller9000.

Re: Stock Engine Reman Kit Preferance November 14, 2015 10:42AM
Ive been a dealer for Toms agg for 15 years and never had the first problem now its Howard enterprise and still good

Re: Stock Engine Reman Kit Preferance November 15, 2015 10:15AM
Thanks for the feedback folks. I'll stay away from Tisco. Some of the Reliance parts I've used came marked as Power Max .
Are Power Max and Reliance definitely separate companies? Reliance has great tech info on their website but I can't find much from Power Max.
Thanks again.

Re: Stock Engine Reman Kit Preferance November 16, 2015 09:05AM
Tom's and Howard's are one company now called reliance power parts. Who knows what parts we are getting now, I've had good luck in the past with both powermax and reliance. You really have to inspect all of this stuff before you use it anymore. I've started using the FP diesel kits some as well

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009