BBC Head Recommendations May 13, 2009 06:45AM
New to pulling and building a Big Block Chevy. The rules for the class I want to pull in are 525 cu. in., N/A, carburetors only, aluminum heads allowed. What is the best head for the money to use on an engine with these specs. I only plan on turning it to 8,500 RPM or slightly more mid track. I know bigger isn't better and I don't want to lose all my low end torgue either. I'm hoping that with all the experienced pullers out there, someone can lead me in the right direction. I'd like to do this as right as possible the first time I purchase.Thanks in advance.

Re: BBC Head Recommendations May 13, 2009 03:06PM
You will want prostock/big chief heads. Call Dart or Brodix tec tell them your engine program. Summit or Jegs don't really know. I know around here it's pretty much big chiefs and sheetmetal intakes. Heads are flowing close to 500 cfm runners.
Motors HP any where from 800 HP to a 1000! RPMs 8500 to 9500.
Ask for cam ideas from them when You call. Good Luck! Keep your eyes open for used! There's some good deals out there right now. ie; racingjunk.com/drag racing motor parts. Stan

Re: BBC Head Recommendations May 13, 2009 11:31PM
I have a set of Brodix PB2005 heads that I ran I my 540. I have tham for sale on racejunk. They have all titanium valves, and come with 1.75 ratio T&D rockers for $4750. Heads make awesome power, the olny reason I am selling them is that I am building a bigger engine.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason