Missouri State Fair November 20, 2015 02:00AM
Outlaws is glad to be coming back to the 2016 Missouri State Fair. Our goal is to fill the grandstands back up with a completely different show than what they have had the last few years. We will be having 12 big classes and the 12 x 16 foot big screen. Thanks, Doug

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2015 02:01AM by Doug Roberts.
Attachments:
open | download - Missouri State Fair press release.pdf (58.3 KB)
open | download - 2016 Missouri State Fair Lineup.pdf (50.6 KB)

Re: Missouri State Fair November 20, 2015 06:31AM
My understanding at this time it's only a verbal comment and when the Fair does get a contract, it will be sent to a lawyer to be checked over before being signed. Not saying it's Not going to happen, but not quite a done deal quite yet.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 20, 2015 06:53AM
Good to have a good pull back in there like when Outlaws was there before.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 20, 2015 11:16AM
When did the Outlaws get a "Big Prostock Tractor Class" ??? I've only ever heard they had a class slightly less neutered than there 4.1's. Must be new, can't wait to see it.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 20, 2015 11:29AM
I saw one of the Outlaw Pro stock pull at fair last year. Rut Cutter finished about 1 foot behind Hurricane Allis and about won the pull. I can't tell any difference in them, looks like he finished 2nd in outlaw points.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 22, 2015 06:42AM
Big difference is outlaws has rules to keep their tractors on the track and that class is a good as it every has been with about 16 tractors now with 2 or 3 new ones coming out every year. Can't tell much difference by watching both but some in the other association go through 2 or 3 major breakdowns and numbers are down by end of year with half the hooks and no new tractors coming out. Can't wait for the Missouri State Fair again with a good pull they have lined up.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 22, 2015 01:55PM
Does Carl Buckner have anything to do with the pull anymore?

Re: Missouri State Fair November 23, 2015 05:38AM
What is going to be done with the local classes that have been pulling on both Sunday and Monday the past couple years? Is it going to be a winner take all one time hook on Sunday or will there be qualifying Sunday and finals on Monday morning before the Outlaw show begins?

Re: Missouri State Fair November 23, 2015 10:47AM
The 4.1 and 8500 class at the fair this year was the best of the best.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 23, 2015 11:11AM
Not trying to start anything but what was wrong with the ppl pull they had? Plus a majority of the pro farm, and limited pros in Missouri run the ppl set of rules that pull already at the fair. It seems like to me( this is just opinion) that ppl set their rules to what the pullers in MISsOURI already had, Roberts changed the rules so a lot of us could not pull with them.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 23, 2015 11:03AM
As of now our plan is to reduce the Sunday show down to 9-11 classes. We will then move those classes not selected for the Sunday show to a different day/night of the fair/ The plan is to start early Sunday and then take the top 5 from each class for the Sunday evening pull, winner take all

Re: Missouri State Fair November 23, 2015 01:42PM
I go to the Missouri State Fair to see Missouri Tractors pull.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 23, 2015 02:31PM
I kind of like how itpa does it.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 24, 2015 01:34AM
Last time I went and watched Outlaws at the Mo State Fair it was THE worst show I ever watched and they call it a tractor pull (I and the group I was with said we'd never go back and watch another Outlaw show and I stand by that and I know the rest of the group feel the same way. Ticket prices are way to high so I know we won't be attending this one even if I was to go watch. They've had to improve because if it was any worse it couldn't be called a tractor pull. What's been at the Mo State fair the last few years has been a big improvement to what that show was and the PPL pull really wasn't that impressive either but it was ok. I would prefer to watch Missouri people put on a show at the MISSOURI State Fair. To bad money has come to play such a big part in all parts of the sport from how full the grandstand is (which I know foots the bill) to how much money it takes to have a winning vehicle ( which is terrible at best)

Re: Missouri State Fair November 24, 2015 01:45AM
Go on Sunday and watch your Missouri people you get to see all year long at county fairs. You can go watch the antiques later in the week they will mostly be from Missouri. I can't wait for the Outlaws to return and watch something different. You can tell by the IMG_8114.JPGcrowds not all care for the pull you want to see. By the way probaly 50 pullers in the Outlaws pull will be from Missouri and most have not pulled at the fair for years or at all.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 24, 2015 02:12AM
To be completely fair, you are not going to draw much of a crowd when you are charging $32 for just a pit pass. The Sunday show is a good show, but not many are going to pay $50 to see it all.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 25, 2015 02:31AM
I see all this on here about the Missouri State Fair and when you look at these bigger fairs they usually last about 10 days and in those 10 days they need to make as much hay as possible. They plan all year for those 10 days and look at all their different entertainment to draw the most people to the fair. A lot of people have been participating in the Missouri State Fair tractor pull longer than I as I first went in 1988 to Pioneer Arena with a 4320 John Deere. I like most of you were just a competitor for 10 years until I became the Outlaw President in 1998. Then the fair asked me to help with the fair as it was losing lots of money and even talk of not having a pull. Missouri State Fair had the best thing going as the local associations could pull in Pioneer Arena then bring in a better pull for the grandstands. Most state fairs do not have a pull and the ones that do like Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska have no facility for that to happen and only allow 1 day in front of the grandstand for a better pull. It’s all about having a show that will put butts in the seats, bottom line. Sometimes the fairs change leadership and they look at different entertainment or different group to have the pull. That is what happened to Outlaws years ago. Now the numbers are down in the grandstand and either the pull gets better and draws more people or they put some other kind of entertainment in the grandstands. PPL and Outlaws both put in a bid for a better pull and they choose OTTPA. It is a three year deal and if we do not draw more people and fill the grandstands back up then they will either try another association or more than likely go with a different form of entertainment. When people go to the state fairs they expect to see something different and better than they have seen all year long at county fairs. They expect the Reba McIntyre type singers not someone they have never heard of sing. Why they ended up with all the local pulling associations in front of the grandstand for two days and then last year had 3 days of basically the same show I do not know. That probably hurt PPL chances when they put in a bid this year pull because their PPL show didn’t work last year. No more people came to watch and when you looked at results on the MSF website it was mainly the same show as a lot of the same people pulled all three days. When you look at the attendance being down way over 2000 people from when Outlaws was there it adds up. Let’s take 2000 people at $20 = $40,000 plus another $10 to get in fair = $20,000 more. Food and beer use to be figured about $3 average per person years ago and at an all day event that probably doubles or more. So say another $15,000 for food for a total of about $75,000 in revenue lost from just these 2000 fans. Now you see why they are making changes. At the meeting I was at 3 weeks ago they talked about taking pulling back over somewhere else for local associations and maybe that was the State Fair Arena, not for sure. To me that would be great to have qualifying over there and then finals on Sunday in front of grandstands for Missouri pulling associations and Outlaws on Monday with a different show. I have always wanted pulling to work at the Missouri State Fair as I feel like it is a big part of the fair tradition. Here is a letter I wrote the new fair manager they hired in 2008 when Outlaws were not invited back because we were higher than having the local associations. This is the first time for me to work with Mark Wolfe, the current Director of the Missouri State Fair and together I think we will fil the grandstands back up. Thanks, Doug
Attachments:
open | download - 2008 MSF Tractor Pull letter.pdf (67 KB)

Re: Missouri State Fair November 25, 2015 04:59AM
This guy needs to stop talking about how much better outlaws are. The guys that pull at County fairs are just as good if not better then any outlaw pullers. There's a reason outlaw has a bad image.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 25, 2015 05:15AM
Some see the pulling a little different than you. Could be why the fans quit coming and hope outlaws draws fans back so we can have good pulling at the fair.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 25, 2015 08:06AM
Just curious? Explain to me how Outlaws is different? Wont you hook at over 50 events in 2016? Wont most of your pulls occur at County fairs, festivals, and other state fairs as well? How is that different from what will be there on that Monday? Also, Won't you be able to watch Outlaws on NBC all summer long, and in Warrensburg, MO this summer for two nights. Which Warrensburg just happens to be right down the road from Sedalia, if I am not mistaken. Will you see different vehicles at the Missouri state fair from what you will see at any other Outlaw event that day? No, because almost all their vehicles are either vehicles that run with them all year or hook with Excalibur when they are in Missouri. Pretty sure Excalibur and Outlaws both have several events across Missouri this year. Funny thing is when you take away Excalibur vehicles from Outlaws, how many hooks do you have when they travel across Missouri? The majority of the vehicles that will be there on Monday August 15 are from Nebraska, Iowa and Texas. Still wondering where that diesel truck class is coming from? Only had one run for points these past two years. So, if by different you mean OUTLAWS? Good luck. Because at the end of the day you are still a tractor pulling association. You still just pull tractors, trucks and semis. All of which are similar to what has been their for years. To be honest it has absolutely nothing to do with what association is there, or how many vehicles hook that night to any ones sled. Certain events no matter who represents the sport that year ie. Wisner, Rock Valley, Missouri State fair will have a great representation of vehicles. Is it because its Outlaws? No, its because those events have built great shows that people with pulling vehicles want to attend. Pretty sure no matter who goes to that fair will top 293 hooks in Missouri this year. That was done with out any association. Missouri has the hooks, just like Wisner, Rock Valley and many others across the country. The truth is if you don't market the event, set your gate prices right, and put on a show that is worthy of that price then No one will be back no matter who you are. If you really want a draw and you are really looking out for the Missouri State Fairs best interest. Book them both! Then you have something worth talking about. Otherwise, drop it. Outlaws has nothing different from any other tractor pulling association? The Big Screen is nice, but doesn't NTPA have one of those? Television - (Which by the way does Tractor pulling absolutely no justice) NTPA, PPL, and Outlaws are all on Television right? Do you pull tractors? Do you offer different classes? Do you have one winner in each class? Do you have a points system? Do you hook to a sled? I could go on and on. All I see is panic when Doug talks. If you have to sell your self and your decisions on Pulloff.com every week. To me that is "Panic" way more then "Progress" Doug you have something good going no one can deny that, quit trying to that association that you are not.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 25, 2015 12:11PM
Very well said.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 25, 2015 02:35PM
Thats great....I've only been once since the Outlaws left and it wasn't much to see......I'll be back in 2016...

Re: Missouri State Fair November 27, 2015 01:37AM
Just throwing this out there, but it would really help draw a crowd and maybe more pullers if the pulls would be on say a Friday night and or Saturday and Saturday night not on a Sunday and a Monday. People have to get ready for work and go to work on those days. If it wasn't on the days that it is on, a bunch of people around me and myself would be able to attend, just changing the days would really help I would think.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 27, 2015 05:18AM
Iowa State Fair is on Thursday, basically standing room . I understand taking a day off from work to go, but its only one day to watch a helluva show.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 27, 2015 05:32AM
IHFarmer07:
I wish your idea was took more seriously but at the end of the day, the pull will never take priority over the concerts that are at the grandstands on Friday an Saturday night, and isn't going to take priority over the rodeo that is at the state fair arena either. I really dunno what can be done to solve this issue.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 27, 2015 06:36AM
They have solved the problem. Brought in Outlaws. If anyone is going to draw people on a Monday it is Outlaws!

Re: Missouri State Fair November 27, 2015 07:20AM
I really think it will just make a different problem. The Outlaws will probably draw a bigger crowd the first year but if it doesn't produce a better show than it has in the past history it has at the MISSOURI State fair then what do you do with them? I understand the Outlaws are getting a 3 year contract (which I feel is not in the best interest of the Mo state fair) and what is the fair going to do with the other 2 years if they don't produce a quality show? I think the Outlaws should be on a performance based year to year contract which is what all the other Associations have. I hope all personnel involved in the decision to go with a 3 yr contract have a clause included in it that has a performance base to it. NOW for how I really feel. I know the outlaws are a Missouri based association and we need to be proud of this and the fact that the Missouri State fair has always made room for all Missouri associations to pull but I'm not sure the OUTLAWS deserve a day of their own. I think they should come in with the other associations and work together to produce a top of the line Missouri pull that represents ALL Missouri associations. The Missouri State fair is unique in the fact that it the only State fair I know of that trys to have a place all Missourians can be a part of in some manner. With that said let's put together a pull that will do this and be something that NO other State Fair does and give our supporters something to see everyday that they come to watch.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 27, 2015 09:36AM
Rumor has it, Darrel Hendrix and Jason Hill, presented the MO State fair with a plan to change the direction of the pull, but the decision had already been made to go with the outlaws. Rumor only, is that the State Fair was very unhappy with the truck and tractor pull over the last several years and these 2 guys went and tried to save it for us MO Pulling Associations. Yes outlaws are from MO but how many outlaw pullers have supported the MO State Fair pull over the last several years? We found it very hard to believe with Darrel being apart of Harts and Hill being a PPL Promoter and a PPL puller that the Outlaws are pulling at the MO State Fair.

I believe Karl has done a very good job over the last decade with the pull but the fans in the stands speak for the pull over the last several years. Anyhow we support the MO State fair and will be in attendance to pull the Sunday show whatever that might be. Does anyone know what classes are being cut form the Sunday show? Will those classes pull on a different night at the MO State Fair? Has anyone spoke directly with Darrel or Jason to see what the 2016 show will be?

Re: Missouri State Fair November 27, 2015 10:47AM
I think Outlaws will turn it back around to a must see pull again, but once you run it in the ground it might take three years. I think just the word getting out that Outlaws are back will make a big difference and after the fans see this years pull it will grow every year. Thing about Outlaws from 10 years ago when they were here last with 100 hooks will about be double now and 4 new classes they didn't even have then. No way you can compare Outlaws 10 years ago to now and then throw in the big screen. Fans are going to be in for a treat. I agree someone should have worked on this pull getting better 3 to 5 years ago or brought in Outlaws then before it got this bad.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 28, 2015 03:46AM
I'm from south Dakota I wish we had pull here at the fair like they do in Iowa,neb.funny thing is my favorite pullers are from Missouri. People are never happy if don't like the outlaws don't go.I go to 3 or 4 pulls a year.I support the outlaws and the great plains.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 28, 2015 04:12AM
wonder who the person is posting anonymosly every time that big screen get mebtioned

Re: Missouri State Fair November 28, 2015 05:33AM
Probaly many of the thousand of fans and pullers that like big screen.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 28, 2015 06:03PM
Head scratcher don't you know the big screen puts another 10,000 fans in the stands and gives your ride another 150 hp... Its that simple.. get with the times.

Re: Missouri State Fair November 30, 2015 05:04PM
Will I be able all the top running 4.1s at the fair since most are from Missouri.Ritter,Ruths,Mullenix,Micheals,Mosley,Black Cases? Make the fair a worth while event and have a 4.1 showdown of sorts could draw over 40 tractors give the fans what they want to see all the 4.1s. Please respond Doug

Re: Missouri State Fair December 01, 2015 11:52AM
The Black Cases cannot run with Outlaws as the way the rules WERE............. Maybe there has been a change but thats why you dont see them at an Outlaw show as I was told

Re: Missouri State Fair December 01, 2015 03:47PM
There was a black case in wisner neb its pool balls on one side I think theres dice other side.nice paint job can't rember what it called. Hustler maybe

Re: Missouri State Fair December 01, 2015 09:13PM
The tractor you are describing is the Hustler. You must be referring to seeing it at Wisner 2014 because it wasn't out for a good part of this season due to motor issues. That being said that tractor is not a 4.1 either.

Re: Missouri State Fair December 01, 2015 10:32PM
I am not for sure what classes the Missouri State Fair are having on Sunday but would think one of those classes will be the 4.1 tractor class that all these mentioned tractors can run in. As far as 40 tractors in one class you probably not far off on that prediction. Last summer we had a pull at Montgomery City with 18 of the 4.1 tractors while on the same day in Platte City they had 15 of the 4.1 tractors for a total of 33 different tractors that day. With that said they need that class on Sunday to help that show and should have close to 20 and the Monday show with Outlaws will have about 20 for sure also. I do not want 40 in any class we will have on Monday. With 2 tracks and the big screen we will hook a vehicle about every two minutes or 4 minutes on one track and about 20 vehicles makes for about an hour spent on one class. I do not want any class to last over an hour or the entertainment value goes down. Most all the vehicles you mentioned do not meet our rules from fuel, water, turbo, pump, head, etc. so most could not hook Monday, but the ones that do meet the rules are more than welcome. If not an Outlaw member they can pay the one day membership. Right now Jason Hill and I have been talking about what to do with all the P4x4 Trucks and Diesel Trucks as he has too many and I do not want over about 20 of them in each class on Monday.

Re: Missouri State Fair December 03, 2015 04:41AM
In a way im glad to see the outlaws are coming back to the fair. I have always enjoyed watching the outlaws show. The big Modified tractors and the Mod 4wd trucks will gain some people in the stands but I don't know if it will gain 2,000+. They could probably gain double the people if they would lower there prices or change the day. Yes they have to make money but it just seems a little bit overpriced. I hope they don't cut many of the classes on Sunday though. I know most of the guys from MO that pull the state associations really look forward to being able to hook at the state fair including me. It would be a shame if they cut out most of the Sunday show. I guess ill stay on the fence about being happy or not till I hear what classes the state associations are going to be able to run on Sunday.

Re: Missouri State Fair December 03, 2015 09:55AM
Thanks for your response not the one I hoped for but a response none the less. Thanks Doug now you've brought up another issue ProStock pickups and Diesel Pickups everyone pays for the fair grounds so if I want to hook Sunday and Monday there shouldn't be a issue. Pullers make the show not Missouri Association Presidents or even Outlaws don't believe pullers should turned away just because it doesn't fit in with the show. Why penalize somebody for pulling in the class with the greatest numbers. Just my thoughts

Re: Missouri State Fair December 11, 2015 02:43AM
When will they decide who is pulling on Sunday and if they can also pull on Monday.

Re: Missouri State Fair December 11, 2015 11:07AM
We are planning on having 10-11 classes for the Sunday Show, this is not set in stone yet and we are still discussing this line up.
2wd
pro street 4x4
super street 4x4
6500 PS/6000 SS Tractors
8500 Limited Pro/Super Farm Tractors
3.0 PPL Diesel Trucks
10,200 Super field
9500 limited pros
Pro-stock 4x4
9500 Profield
classic mods

Re: Missouri State Fair December 12, 2015 07:26AM
Do we get to pull both days this year if we are not Outlaw members?

Re: Missouri State Fair December 12, 2015 08:03AM
sounds like you need to join or quit your bitchin

Re: Missouri State Fair December 12, 2015 10:34AM
You can pay one time hook fee as long as you fit the rules to the class you want to pull in.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009