Badgerland Sanity rules meeting Saturday Dec. 5th at 6pm. November 30, 2015 09:54AM
The Badgerland Sanity pullers will have there annual rules meeting this Saturday night at 6pm at the Boaz community center. Thanks, Keith

Re: Badgerland Sanity rules meeting Saturday Dec. 5th at 6pm. December 02, 2015 01:20PM
Keith,

As far as this antique altered class goes, do you have a model year cutoff set in stone that your club uses for all "Antiques" ?
Thanks
Jim

Re: Badgerland Sanity rules meeting Saturday Dec. 5th at 6pm. December 04, 2015 02:20PM
Jim, sorry I didn't respond earlier been busy with work and kids sports. Our current antiques the model must have began production by 1958. The altered antique must be approved by the board before becoming a points class, so all there limits are currently open. Hope this answers your question. Thanks, Keith

Re: Badgerland Sanity rules meeting Saturday Dec. 5th at 6pm. December 05, 2015 04:07AM
Yes that is exactly the info I was looking for. Thought about coming to the rules meeting but didn't want to if the year was set and would exclude my tractor.
Thanks,
Jim

Re: Badgerland Sanity rules meeting Saturday Dec. 5th at 6pm. December 06, 2015 08:06AM
Keith,

Can we get any update on what rules were proposed, if any for that altered antique class?
Thanks,
Jim

Re: Badgerland Sanity rules December 07, 2015 12:44AM
They will never post them here. But from the chatter on FB it looks like the "NEW GROUP" has been "RULED OUT." And once again the cycle starts! Thumbs up guys!!

Re: Badgerland Sanity rules meeting Saturday Dec. 5th at 6pm. December 07, 2015 07:23AM
Jim the board has approved 2 altered antique classes. Feel free to call me at (309)826 4896 for more details. Thanks, Keith

Re: Badgerland Sanity rules December 07, 2015 10:25AM
So what are the official BS classes for 2016?

Re: Badgerland Sanity rules December 07, 2015 03:01PM
I wonder if the 5500 and 6000# open farm class and the new 5750 and 6250 altered or open antique wont eventually migrate into being the same class. The differences are small. One class has 1958 and older sheetmetal, and the other class allows turbos on diesel engines only as long as they are 315 cubes or less. Other than that, very similar.

Re: Badgerland Sanity rules December 08, 2015 03:20PM
I heard the open class is opened to 360 cubes and the antique class speed was lowered to 3 mph.

Re: Badgerland Sanity rules December 09, 2015 12:38AM
I'm not sure. I requested that the light open class open up the cube limit to 360, but you never know if your voice is heard, or if it would be in the best interest of the club. My proposal was intended to get more tractors and more interest in that class. I cited that the cummins 5.9, the dt-360, the deere 359 and the 354 perkins were all readily available engines with many swap options. If they did open it up to 360, I need to know about it very soon. I got a shipping quote yesterday to bring a d312 in from California, but I would much rather grab a dt360 from next door and go play. I believe the finalized rules will be made public Saturday evening.

Re: Badgerland Sanity Light Hot Farm December 09, 2015 01:02AM
neilsroom
I'm not sure. I requested that the light open class open up the cube limit to 360, but you never know if your voice is heard, or if it would be in the best interest of the club. My proposal was intended to get more tractors and more interest in that class. I cited that the cummins 5.9, the dt-360, the deere 359 and the 354 perkins were all readily available engines with many swap options. If they did open it up to 360, I need to know about it very soon. I got a shipping quote yesterday to bring a d312 in from California, but I would much rather grab a dt360 from next door and go play. I believe the finalized rules will be made public Saturday evening.

Neil buddy, if you think Keith or the board of directors or the governing board or whatever other board they have now will open that class up. You my man have smelled a bad mix of soy diesel. If you are looking to spend "real" money look at different clubs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2015 12:07AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Badgerland Sanity Light Hot Farm December 09, 2015 03:15AM
I understand where this group is coming from with the decisions that they have made. I have never been a member, but I have hooked with them the last couple of years and attended their rules meetings over that duration as well. I believe that they know their place in the pulling world, and they serve their purpose. I will continue to spend "real money" on my component super stock, and my 540 Too Hot To Farm tractor. This group orchestrates a majority of the farm stock and antique pulls in my area and I consider several of their members close friends. Last Saturday night four of us local guys wanted to tweak the rules of a class to better suit the direction that we have been heading with our tractors, and we got exactly what we all wanted. A group of antique guys wanted to open up the door to an altered antique class. Sounds like they too will be accommodated. I am looking at building a third tractor with parts that my others have outgrown. If I can assemble something that can be ran in one of their classes to help the club out, then I don't see the problem. If a group doesn't want to make rules that drive up pump and charger prices, then they should be praised for their efforts. It isn't any fun pulling alone.

Re: Badgerland Sanity Light Hot Farm December 09, 2015 07:19AM
neilsroom
I understand where this group is coming from with the decisions that they have made. I have never been a member, but I have hooked with them the last couple of years and attended their rules meetings over that duration as well. I believe that they know their place in the pulling world, and they serve their purpose. I will continue to spend "real money" on my component super stock, and my 540 Too Hot To Farm tractor. This group orchestrates a majority of the farm stock and antique pulls in my area and I consider several of their members close friends. Last Saturday night four of us local guys wanted to tweak the rules of a class to better suit the direction that we have been heading with our tractors, and we got exactly what we all wanted. A group of antique guys wanted to open up the door to an altered antique class. Sounds like they too will be accommodated. I am looking at building a third tractor with parts that my others have outgrown. If I can assemble something that can be ran in one of their classes to help the club out, then I don't see the problem. If a group doesn't want to make rules that drive up pump and charger prices, then they should be praised for their efforts. It isn't any fun pulling alone.

And there has been ONE tractor in the light hot farm from the beginning. If there was no interest, the class was to be dropped. I guess some like pulling against them self!!!!!!

Re: Badgerland Sanity Light Hot Farm December 09, 2015 07:41AM
I know what you're point is. That's why I wondered if it could be opened up a little. If the rules aren't attractive, the class will not grow. Maybe it will merge with the new altered antique at some point since they are within a couple hundred pounds, similar tire and same speed. If you know of anyone interested in the class please encourage them to put one together. In my experience, the more limited a class is by rules, the higher the price is to compete. I will wait and see what the official rules will be for the upcoming season and build what I can with what I have.

Re: Badgerland Sanity Light Hot Farm December 09, 2015 10:51AM
Hope you have a lot of AC parts!!!

Re: Badgerland Sanity Light Hot Farm December 09, 2015 11:15AM
Sorry, Bud! I personally dont consider an Allis Chalmers of any configuration a pulling tractor, but that's just me. To each his own. What do you pull? Antique? Farm? Altered farm? Banquet is this saturday night at the Phoenix Center in Richland Center, WI. Drinks are around 5 or 6. If you're free stop on down. The Koch boys and I will be running in a new class that is an 18 mph class. No pump or turbo limit. Mid weight class. I think around 10k#. Maybe you would like to join us at some pulls.

Re: Any rule updates December 13, 2015 01:04AM
Were the rules made public last night? If so is there any updates on them? Was the Light Hot Farm class cube limit and weight changed? Or is it still a one tractor class? How did the pace speeds end up? Are the rules fair for everyone this year or are they in favor of AC orange & Oliver green?

Re: Any rule updates December 13, 2015 05:07AM
I was unable to attend, though I wanted to see how their banquets are conducted. I fell into a pair of Silver Bullet Suite tickets for the Bucks vs Golden State last night in Milwaukee. The bucks were able to serve up Golden State's first loss of the season. They left this morning with a 24-1 record. Great game. Anyways- about the light hot farm... I did propose the cube limit get raised to 360, but I dont know if that was considered or not. I see why Keith wouldnt want to change the rules, because he build his tractor to run under the original 310cid rules. The limit was moved to 320 I believe, and no new tractors were built. Will bumping it even furthernet more tractors that are willing to run points? I would like to see it at 360, just to allow the engines that I mentioned above, but if nobody has the time, resources or money to build for this class, then there is no reason to make changes to it. At 320 cubes, IH can run the 312 and be quite competative. Obviously the Allis 301 fits into the class. Are there any deere engines out there that could fit the bill? Yhe club has quite a few massey guys. Dont they have a 318? Long story short, the light hot farm class will always be a 1 tractor class if nobody else builds for it. It doent matter to me if they up the cube limit again or not. I like the idea of the class, just wish more people would take an interest in it and build for it.

Re: Any rule updates December 14, 2015 02:42PM
Not positive what the rules are for the light hot farm class you're referring to, but I have to think a Ford 304 would be competitive?? I have one for sale in central WI if anyone wanted to give it a whirl!

Re: Any rule updates December 15, 2015 02:11AM
Is that a four cylinder? With my understanding of the rules, a modern designed four cylinder would be awesome in this class. With the cube limit and RPM at 3,000 the four banger would thrive in my opinion. Being a red guy, I have no options though! I already built a Super MD once and blew the head in half between the number 2 and 3 cylinders. If an aftermarket head was allowed I would do it again, but given the frailty of the diesel head turbocharging isn't possible. A case 730 with a 301 and updated heads would be fun, but a guy can only have so many projects.....

Re: Any rule updates December 15, 2015 05:33AM
Yes, 4 cylinder. Search for "stick boy pulling team" on Facebook or YouTube to see some videos of it

Re: Any rule updates December 15, 2015 02:57AM
A 360 limit will make it a 5.9 class. Deere is the only tractor that cant run a 5.9.Not saying that's good or bad,but that what happens elsewhere.

Re: Any rule updates December 15, 2015 06:41AM
John Deere has a 329 and a 359 engine in tractors. Not saying 360 is the answer, just an Idea to get more guys interested in building.

Re: Any rule updates December 15, 2015 10:21AM
Are Bosch A pump being allowed. The Allis 180 never came with one but that is what Keith is running. Not a stock appearing pump in my opinion.

Re: Time to give up!! December 15, 2015 12:47PM
Bill
Are Bosch A pump being allowed. The Allis 180 never came with one but that is what Keith is running. Not a stock appearing pump in my opinion.

If you pull a 180 & your the prez you can. You can run one until you beat the prez, then you probably will be kicked out.

This could be a great class if they would raise the weight a little and let 360 cube motors with "TURBOS" run. However, as long as Keith is the prez and pulls in that class it will NEVER HAPPEN. It is to bad, anyone that would like to run a light hot farm 360 cube class should talk to other groups.

Southwest Pullers took the 8500 hot farm class that Insanity Land started with, made a few changes and ran with it. It sounds like they are looking forward to some new iron this year as well. You guys that want a lighter hot farm class should talk to them, at least they will listen and reason with you. Everyone that wants this class should get together and meet this winter yet and get something going. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN WITH INSANITY LAND, so quit barking up that tree.

SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS and run with this class, talk to Guy with Southwest Pullers or Brian Mueller down at Cuba City and see if they would run this class. IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN UNTIL YOU GIVE UP ON INSANITY LAND.

Re: Time to give up!! December 17, 2015 07:40AM
Not trying to Stir anything at all. Just saw my name mentioned and thought I would share what our area offers for a class. As of now I don't foresee any changes for 2016 but after we have a discussion I will make any planned changes public.

Brian Mueller 608-732-0653
Attachments:
open | download - Modified Farm Pulling Rules 2015.docx (15.1 KB)

Re: Time to give up!! December 17, 2015 08:25AM
You should allow p pumps so your the same as southwest

Re: Time to give up!! December 17, 2015 02:40PM
We are going to discuss the idea of it. We had people in attendance at Southwest's meeting but we were uncertain if they had decided to allow P-Pumps or not. In my honest opinion I don't necessarily see the need for a p-pump at 8500-9000 pounds 12-15/16. Many of our too hot to farm 11500 tractors still have A-pumps or rotarys and run 15-18mph.

As to cut tires our classes all originated with non cut tires and there has not been a large enough demand to allow them. There are a few tractors that run with us but also run with a group allowing cuts and they are very competitive in there classes as well.

Thanks
Brian Mueller

Re: Any rule updates December 15, 2015 12:57PM
I think the rule is to this day that the pump must be stock appearing. Does not say specifically for make and model, but for series of agricultural engine. I think Keith is running a Simms pump. Not sure if it was ever offered on a tractor, but was available on the 301 in the combines. I cant speak for the club, but an A pump should be legal for a case tractor, or a deere for sure. I would go so far as to say it would be legal on an IH. My arguement would be the mw pump was factory on the 88 series tractors, and the mw pump was a factory replacement for the bosch A pump. See, there are some options to think about. If it went 360.....how many tractors would be willing to sign up and run points?

WHY NOT December 15, 2015 01:30PM
neilsroom
I think the rule is to this day that the pump must be stock appearing. Does not say specifically for make and model, but for series of agricultural engine. I think Keith is running a Simms pump. Not sure if it was ever offered on a tractor, but was available on the 301 in the combines. I cant speak for the club, but an A pump should be legal for a case tractor, or a deere for sure. I would go so far as to say it would be legal on an IH. My arguement would be the mw pump was factory on the 88 series tractors, and the mw pump was a factory replacement for the bosch A pump. See, there are some options to think about. If it went 360.....how many tractors would be willing to sign up and run points?

Neil, why don't you just go kiss some BS a$$, get on the board and have a class for each tractor. The BS pulls are already drug out, slowed down, and watch the same tractor pull 5 times. Might as well have a class for each tractor so everyone can be a winner. We all know the way things are today we should not hurt anyone's feelings or offend them.

Join a club that can put numbers into this class. The light hot farm class with Insanity Land was made for ONE TRACTOR AND ONE TRACTOR ONLY. And another ? If you are the only tractor in the class and it is suppose to be 75% payback with 5% going to points along with some other funds. How much is your points money at the end of the year?

Neil why support a group that you won't even JOIN? Put some BIG BOY PANTIES on and come pull with some REAL TRACTORS!!

Re: WHY NOT December 15, 2015 04:42PM
Sounds like an invitation. What group has rules that you think I would find attractive? If you have a class that you would like me to pull in, post the rules highlighting why they are designed to accomodate a multitude of tractors. I would be more than willing to print them off and talk to any board members that I know for future evaluation. Positive criticism and good feedback drive change/growth. You can call me or text anytime- Neil @ 608-317-7321- I dont need to know who you are, as that doesnt matter. I would like to see how your groups rules are structured and see how many tractors there are in the area with a similar phenotype. Hit me up on facebook also if that is easier. I would appreciate it.

Biggest of all December 15, 2015 11:52PM
Neil, I pull with the KBPA (KEY BOARD PULLERS of AMERICA). The biggest pulling group in America, Look us up on FB.This group is also the cheapest to pull with!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,832, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,967.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro