wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 14, 2009 03:05PM
injecting water on inlet side oy turbo charger is this a good idea and your reasons please. I have asked diff people and have got diff opinions.

Re: wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 14, 2009 03:14PM
We do it on our top two and Simpson says to.

That's on a 4 charger set up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2009 03:16PM by AV.

Re: wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 14, 2009 04:08PM
do you put in front of turbos to cool them down or for making air going into turbos more dense and create more power. Thanks AV for the imput.

Re: wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 14, 2009 11:13PM
Both reasons are correct. The water keeps the compressor wheels cool so they don't expand into the housing

Re: wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 16, 2009 05:06AM
Cooling the compressor wheel isn't to big of a issue since its pulling in cool outside air. With the water ports before the chargers your usually are adding more ports to inject the same amount of water. Injecting smaller amounts of water through more ports to a turbo or multicharger setups you can atomize the water better and have the same amount of water to cool the sytem. Which will give you a better mixture of air and water.

Re: wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 14, 2009 09:47PM
i inject on front of turbo and individual ports in each intake pipe,so far compressor wheel shows no adverse effects. once saw a tractor with port injection only blow off his water line,luck would have it, the broken hose fired enough at the turbo to prevent him from cooking his pistons.

Re: wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 15, 2009 03:18PM
Max told us in the front and after . He should know !

Re: wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 16, 2009 11:06AM
Water will slow down your compressor wheels. Why would you want to slow down your compressor wheels? If your compressor is sized properly for the RPM (airflow) you are trying to push you shouldn't have any problems with the wheels hitting the housing. If you have a datalogger use a turbocharger speed sensor and measure your impeller RPM.

Re: wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 16, 2009 02:22PM
By that theory I better take out 5 nozzles on my 4 charger setup and just hope the 1 on the cross over pipe and 6 in the head get it done.

Me and Max will have to have a talk too. Grinning (having fun)

Re: wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 16, 2009 11:57PM
Max knows turbo's and I consider him the water god. I'm leaving mine the way he set them up in our 3 charger light super. Water is injected into each turbo, plus manifold into head. Never hurt a turbo or a piston. Works for me!!!

Re: wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 18, 2009 11:56PM
1 nozzle after the top stage and 1 nozzle in the cross over pipe and then the 6 in the head. Works great and won't slow your top stage down which is key! AV is that why you had so much water coming out in Louisville? Did you water your turbos a lil too much!?!? Confused Winking

Re: wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 19, 2009 02:02AM
Soft plug popped out. But that was planned. Don't you know if you dump soapy water down you can drag that boat a little further. I need all the help I can get. Winking

Re: wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 16, 2009 12:47PM
Keep that big wheel cool Charlie, Winking !

Re: wtaer in front of turbo is it a good thing May 18, 2009 03:04PM
Hey thanks for the great imput and it is very much appreciated, i think i am going to inject in front of my turbo it seems like the majority inject in front of turbo.Who has a good fogger nozzle max simpson maybe does.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009